View Full Version : "cutting" Acetone Peroxide - archive file

zaibatsu
October 13th, 2002, 09:26 AM
ALENGOSVIG1
posted January 28, 2001 01:51 AM
I have been recently been experementing with cutting Acetone Peroxide with household products to streatch your AP Supplies. I tried it with baking soda, backing powder, flour, and starch with some fairily decent results. Baking soda was by far the best. Using a 25% Backing Soda and 75 %ap, I did a few tests. First was a conflageration test. I lit about a gram in the open. If Made a fireball about the same size as usual ap which is good because you get 25% more explosives for your buck. Theres one downside though, it maked a fair amount of smoke. Under detonation it was less powerful with ap but is still worth cutting If you need a bit more explosive to work with. I havent tested Impact sensitivity yet, but i suppose the bicarbonate will neutralize any remaining acid if any. The flour and otheres did not perform quite as well. They mostly burned like BP and threw most of the additive all over the place, So bicarbonate is the abvious winner. Go Out and give it a try! If you are willing to be responsibe for your actions that is. :-)

------------------
Explosives Archive

[This message has been edited by ALENGOSVIG1 (edited January 28, 2001).]

Anthony
posted January 28, 2001 10:14 AM
How about AN? If it detonated it would boost power by releasing a large volume of gas. If it didn't, it would act as an oxidiser and give a better oxygen balance.

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 01:12 PM
the only way that would work is for the AP to get hot enough to make the AN react. this might work if you use enough AP but a little bit night not be enough to do anything to the AN.

------------------
...Æ

SofaKing
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 02:15 PM
I always cut the stuff I sell, but for my own use I snort the pure stuff as it gives a better buzz :p

shady mutha
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 04:37 PM
Ive kneeded ap into bluetack,it detonates but the more ap you put in the more the bluetack looses it stick

Smartguy
A new voice
posted January 29, 2001 07:35 PM
I KNOW for a fact that when you cut HMTD with KClO3 it will actually INCREASE in power!
This will probably work with AP too. Make the oxygen balance 100%, and see what happens.

(If I'm not mistaking, the optimal mix was 80% HMTD/20% KClO3.)

kingspaz
Frequent Poster
posted January 30, 2001 05:06 PM
i'll have to try cutting my next batch.
my last 3 batches failed to produce any HMTD and i don't know why. i did everything like i allways do but for some reason nothing formed. Could it be that the hexamine had absorbed moisture but i wouldn't think that would affect the reaction as the hexamine is going to be dissolved in the peroxide anyway.
thats kinda of the subject though.

MacCleod
Frequent Poster
posted January 31, 2001 12:56 AM
That's kinda strange.What concentration of H202 are you using?