View Full Version : How to throw knifes ?

Shun Ambrose
March 5th, 2004, 04:43 PM
i want to know how can i throw a knife correctly.

Skean Dhu
March 5th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Rather than waste space as you have, I'm going to post this reply to your other thread here as well as some tips for this thread.(FYI one line posts aren't looked upon kindly here, especially if they are questions) ya know, someone should write down the unwritten rules of the forum and make newbies read them before posting, my bad they already did that.

First off if you can't take the time to sift through pages of information to find exactly what you need and are looking for, what makes you think other people will do it for you? If I'm gonna spend hours of my time looking up information its going to be for my benefits and interests.
You're looking for a Cliff notes version of the E&W forum, there isn't one.

Second there are programs out there (I'm sure you've heard of them) Where you enter in a search topic or phrase and then it looks far and wide for results containing your words, Search engines(google, yahoo, alta vista, dogpile, infoseek, metacrawler...etc; google being the E&W supported search engine).
Through these feats of modern technology and marvel you can find scores if not hundreds of books relating to the topic of "Throwing knives", "How to throw a knife", and "Knife throwing". There half of your work is done, all you have to do is work up the energy to enter those keywords(ie; text between the " "s) into one of the afor mentioned search engines, hell I bet there are a couple threads on this very board relating to your topic of interest.

ossassin
March 5th, 2004, 06:37 PM
I don't know why you want to throw knives. To my knowledge, no combat unit in the world does it. Why would you want to? Just for fun? Throwing knives takes lots of practice.

Hang-Man
March 5th, 2004, 07:25 PM
I learned because few things are more satisfying than throwing a knife and hearnig it sink into a plank of 'wood' it’s just so damn satisfying. That sound is up there with the action of a bolt rifle and feeling you get when the final pin sets while picking a lock :D But yes; 'ambrose' I hate to use this again but its so fitting.

YOU'RE A COCK. GO AWAY!

nbk2000
March 6th, 2004, 01:50 AM
The best way for a newbie to learn how to properly throw knives is to collect as many large and razor sharp knives as possible, take them out into the yard, lay on your back, and throw them in rapid order as high into the sky directly above you as possible.

;)

This saves you all the tedious walking back and forth to retrieve the knives for throwing again.

:D

Doug
March 8th, 2004, 01:55 AM
This saves you all the tedious walking back and forth to retrieve the knives for throwing again.

That must be where I was going wrong... ;)

I tried throwing knives a few years ago now. We had these huge wooden doors in our workshop and an 8" kitchen knife we used for cutting hoses. I taught myself how to throw it and got quite accurate at a range of about 20ft. Last time I did it someone opened one of the doors and poked his head round the corner just as I'd launched it. The look on his face as this blade lodged itself six inches from his head with a satisfying "twang" was amazing.

Scared the shit out of me thinking what could have happened if he'd opened the other door and I've never done it since.

:eek:

Arkangel
March 8th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Doug, someone else here used to use the sig you're using, and I can't remember who. Are you a reincarnation of someone else, or is that simply a coincidence?

Doug
March 8th, 2004, 12:40 PM
I am a reincarnation of someone else but I'm afraid I'm not witty enough to have thought the sig up myself :(

I saw it posted on another forum in a humour thread and nicked it for my sig bacause it made me chuckle.

pyrojunkie15
March 11th, 2004, 11:38 PM
i want to know how can i throw a knife correctly.
Look i'm not gonna waste everybody's time and space by telling you your a lazy ass bum, i'm gonna tell you to go to some search engine and look it up yourself.

The Anarch
March 13th, 2004, 12:04 AM
pyrojunkie that was already done, man. Thanks for your contribution.