View Full Version : Drying AP - Archive file

zaibatsu
October 13th, 2002, 09:30 AM
wiredfreak
A new voice
posted January 27, 2001 10:57 AM
I just tried smothing new i put a wet batch of AP in a food dryer it took about 2.5 to dry

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted January 27, 2001 02:50 PM
2.5 what? And do you think that question is really worth making a whole new topic for?

Sort your questions out!

kingspaz
Frequent Poster
posted January 27, 2001 03:15 PM
well it is a shite question for a new topic but what i do is filter the AP through a piece of cotton. Then i rap the cotton round the blob of AP and wash it a hell of alot. Then i take lots and lots of kitchen roll and make a really thick pad (kinda like a big sanitry towl). Then i put about 3 layers of newspaper on it. Then finally i put the piece of cotton on it. The kitchen roll and newspaper suck the moisture out leaving the AP only slightly damp in a short time.

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted January 27, 2001 04:21 PM
k, first of all, what the hell is a "food dryer",and second 2.5 what?

Brainmonkey
A new voice
posted January 27, 2001 06:25 PM
i think it is one of those rotary lettuce dryers, u know witht the handle on top and it spins this mesh basket inside really fast. Anyway, i would say it would be 2.5 min, cos hours or seconds just dont seem right somehow

------------------
ours is not to question why.. ours is but to do and die...
yeah right so whose gonna try and tell me what to do?

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted January 27, 2001 10:42 PM
i put the ap on a stack of lined paper for about 3 days. this insures a nice dry AP. one important thing though, is i change the paper (and by stack i mean like 5 sheets) every day. the paper sucks the moisture out of the AP. this is much faster than evaporation.

------------------
...Æ

wiredfreak
A new voice
posted January 28, 2001 10:36 AM
2.5=2 1/2 hours, a food dryer is something that you dry food fruits meats and anything you want dryed in

wiredfreak
A new voice
posted January 28, 2001 10:44 AM
it has a electric moter not a lot of heat (thats good) and it moves the air around alot (thats good to) for making beef jerky and crap like that

[This message has been edited by wiredfreak (edited January 28, 2001).]

Energy84
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 12:34 PM
Why not use vermiculite(so?) to dry your AP? I forget what it's used for but you can find it in most hardware stores. Shroom growers usually use it to dry their shrooms 'cause it absorbs LOTS of water and takes alot of the humidity out of the air around it. It comes in a coarse white powder so if you were to use it for drying AP I think that you could just put your filtered/washed AP on a paper towl overtop of some of this stuff. I should dry it out in about a day or so. It only takes about 5 days to completely dry out about a dozen shrooms with 1 or 2 cups of vermiculite. well, at least I think that's what it's called.

------------------
why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 01:16 PM
that is what is called a desicant. if you can't find anyweher to by it, you can go to a clothing store and take the little packets out of the pockets of clothes (which are marked do not eat) these are also desicants. you get a bunch of these packits and you are all set.

------------------
...Æ

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 04:13 PM
I know they're poisonous, but why do they stress so much that you don't eat the things? (those moisture absorbing packets)

PYRO500
posted January 28, 2001 05:56 PM
a disclaimer! you know so they dont get sued!

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 06:07 PM
Oh, I was hoping it would be some lethal poison that was extremely dangerous. I could put it in someone's tea, but I don't have anyone that I hate enough to do that to. Or do I.......

MUAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'M NOT A SLAVE, TO A GOD, THAT DOESN'T EXIST!
I'M NOT A SLAVE, TO A WORLD, THAT DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT!!!!

It's the lyrics to "the fight song" by Marilyn Manson.

FIGHT!! FIGHT!! FIGHT!! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!

Anyone heard of that song? It rules! I'm not a satanist, but his music's great!

[This message has been edited by blackadder (edited January 28, 2001).]

Maddoc
posted January 28, 2001 06:26 PMI went to the Tampa Fl show, Disturbed suck but gODHEAD were good live and up close.

But, this is neither the section, or an appropriate post, or the appropriate BBS for us to be disscussing Mr Brian Warner, John Lowery, Stephan, or Twiggy.

------------------
Whoa, where my fingers?

Mick
Frequent Poster
posted January 29, 2001 10:23 AM
the reason you can't eat whats in those little packets is cause it dehydrates you big time, and you have a little trouble breathing...
...i er...ate one of them when i was 4 =\
its not pretty...
and when i said it dehydrates you, it dehydrates EVERYTHING (including your shit.)
and theres nothing worse then shitting a turd rock.
i remember about 4 days after i ate the packet, my skin turned a funny color..sorta green/red, and it flaked of, and my fingernails, and toenails turned a green color too
i can remember they gave me something to remove the poison from the silica, but it still dehydrated you, so you had to drink around 3-4 litres of water a day for 2 weeks

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted January 29, 2001 03:09 PM
Oh my god,
"there's nothing worse than shitting a turd rock"
Damn that makes me laugh!

Wow, that's pretty bad. Your skin turned green?

PYRO500
posted January 29, 2001 04:22 PM
you must have eaten a whole SHITLOAD (hahahahah) of that to do that!

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted January 29, 2001 06:38 PM
Blackadder: They stress not to eat them so much much because they are easily mistaken for salt. Because if someone goes o put one on their french fries and sees a big "Do not eat", they will realize it's not salt.

MacCleod
Frequent Poster
posted January 30, 2001 12:50 AM
O-K,back to topic.You can use a cloth filter to speed up the dry time somewhat.Filter it with a 16 by 16 square inch piece of cotton t-shirt,then bring the corners up,twist the AP into a ball in it,wrap the excess cloth around the ball.Then squeeze the hell out of it!.After the excess cloth has absorbed all the moisture it can,do the same with 3 or 4 folded-over sheets of paper towel a few times.3 or 4 times removes almost all the moisture.then sread it out on several styrofoam plates(no deeper than 1/16th. to 1/8th. deep)and it completely dries in 3 to 6 hours at room temp.(70 to 75 Farenhiet).BTW,this method is for a larger batch(wrapped-up golf ball or larger),smaller batches would take less paper towels,smaller filter cloth.

ALENGOSVIG1
posted January 30, 2001 12:54 AM
I do something similar. Except i use a coffee filter. I have a special towel for doing this. The %35 h202 has turned the once green towel red. I then squeeze it with paper towels for a few mins with gloved hands. For some reason, The second i come into contact with wet ap i get the sniffles! lol.