View Full Version : kitchen sink reloading

U.S.M.C-Man
March 7th, 2004, 02:17 PM
I am not sure if this is the right section for this post, if so please fill free to move it to its proper place.

You can reuse a primer, here is how (as taught in the book Homade Guns & Homade Ammo) :

1. Push out/remove primer with a small nail.
2. Carefully remove the anvil from the primer cup (do not lose this 'the anvil' ! ).
3. With the head of a nail (useing a hamer) reflaten the primer cup where (the dent) the fireing pin hit.
4. Carefuly remove the white or blue part (at the tip) of a strike anywere match, then powderize (if you are not carefull it can strike the match) it then pack it in the primer cup "tight" till it is half full and will not fall out if up-side-down.
5. Replace the anvil into the primer cup.
6. Push back into the brass (the caseing).
you are done (these work like a charm)

If you pack it tight (untill it can be hung up-side-down and lightly taped without falling out) it will hold. Beleive me! I have done it many times and it works like a charm.
Give it a shot you may be suprised how well it works.

You can also powderize the red part or kitchen matches for gun powder/the main charge (of corse this is not as powerful as real smokeless powder, but is pretty powerful).

Here is the number of matchheads that should be used for gunpowder per caliber (as seen in U.S. Army Manual TM 31-210 and the book Homade Guns & Homade Ammo) .

Caliber number of heads
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rifle Calibers
.22 Hornet 13
.222 Rem. 26
.223 Rem. 39
.243 Win. 61
.30 Carbine 16
.30-30 Win. 45
.308 Win. 58
.30-06 74
.375 H&R Mag. 87
.44 Mag. 32
.45-70 Govt. 76
.458 Win. 79
------------------------------------------------------------------ Pistol Calibers
9mm Parabellum 8
.38 Special 15
.357 Mag. 26
.45 ACP 27
------------------------------------------------------------------ Shotgun Caliber/Guage
12 Ga. 33
16 Ga. 30
20 Ga. 27
.410 Bore 19

The point is to show how you can make somewhat efective munitions with conscript materials at desprit times (if you do not have the balls to try it, thats fine at least try the primer without any powder). Since this does not create as much power or PSI's (Presure Per Square Inch) as regular ammo it is pretty safe. Once again this is not as efective as regular ammo.

- U.S.M.C-Man

irish
March 8th, 2004, 04:02 AM
PSI is pounds per square Inch, also if you do try match heads (that just sounds so kewwl :o ) you will find if you don't clean your gun very soon after it will corrode the barrel very fast. It's not something I would like to try but I suppose if someone had no ammo or components it may work (of a sort).

U.S.M.C-Man
March 8th, 2004, 08:51 AM
PSI is pounds per square Inch, also if you do try match heads (that just sounds so kewwl :o ) you will find if you don't clean your gun very soon after it will corrode the barrel very fast. It's not something I would like to try but I suppose if someone had no ammo or components it may work (of a sort).

Oh yes, I did forget to say that it is a currosive powder and your gun should be cleand after.

- U.S.M.C-Man

S/SGT Joe
June 4th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Powdered cellulose from ping-pong balls is non-corrosive and makes an
interesting propellant base.