View Full Version : Loudness Of Acetone Peroxide? - archive file

zaibatsu
October 13th, 2002, 09:43 AM
endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted January 23, 2001 08:06 PM
I am not a "kewl bomber" wanting to knwo if its like "as totally loud as an m-80 man, is it that would be totally rad", i am asking compared to other low explosives,(i know ap could be a high explosive), how loud is a, say....a paper confined gram of Ap compared to Black Powder, Flash powder, armstrongs, Merc. Fulminate, i would like to know for a reference on the soun created by explosives. Akward question I know but will anyone with experience in Ap rank Ap's loundness among other things, Thanks

Anthony
posted January 23, 2001 08:28 PM
How long is a piece of string?

There are too many variables to give an adequate comparision, plus, how can you tel how loud something was when your ears are ringing.

Needless to say, AP is much louder than LE mixes because it actually creates a supersonic shockwave. AP *is* a high explosive, not "could be".

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted January 23, 2001 09:28 PM
i have actually detonated about half a thimble full of AP (the thimble is the size of the piece used in monopoly...this is the best reference i could give because i do not know the weight) and it is about as loud as a supersonic .22 bullet. it had a nice crack and i could here the shockwave carry and echo on the lake next to where i set the cracker off.

------------------
...Æ

radar
Frequent Poster
posted January 24, 2001 12:17 AM
Yeah about that loud. ^