View Full Version : Searching for a M72 66mm Law Rocket

wrench352
March 12th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Im looking for deactivated law rocket tubes,preferably a US source. Ive seen one on ebay and one in the UK. The one on ebay cost $350 :O . I think thats a little steep. Feel free to email me.

MightyQuinnŽ
March 13th, 2004, 12:48 AM
I might be able to aquire said item. Let me contact someone.

nbk2000
March 13th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Only $350? That's a bargain, actually, as they (military) no longer sell deactivated LAWS or such to the public anymore, all such items being destroyed by smelting or crushing, prior to selling for scrap metal content.

wrench352
March 14th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Well rats! Thanks for the info,I could have sworn I'd seen them around for cheaper at the army/navy surplus stores. Still if anyone should know of any at a decent price, feel free to drop me an email.

GibboNet
March 16th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Just get one for yourself ;)

I have a friend who found a (slightly damaged), used LAW 66 on a training range. When i first joined army cadets, it was a regular thing to raid other camps, and go for nightly forays into live firing areas. It was in good condition apart from being smashed against a tree, which just put a dent in the side of it. Back then it was practice to fire it then smash it on the nearest tree and dump it to render useless. Obviously someone didn't smack it hard enough.

I know someone with 25 - 30 5.56mm minimi rounds in a belt, live, I have a stun grenade, lots of ammo casings, parchute flare bodies, I even found a 7.62mm (SLR) projectile on one of the ranges. We came across a number of unusual things, like a big network of wirse which we think were claymore command lines, a dozen dead sheep and lots of shotgun shells which was probably some officers being wankers, trenches, piles and piles of spent ammo in and around improvised machine gun pits and the like. At that age I was in heaven.

It's all there, just find someone in the reserves or cadets who has a map of live firing areas. Go on a camping trip sometime...

Antman
April 8th, 2004, 08:09 PM
I dont know about down there but up here the military deems the rockets to be destroyed due to the ease of turning the empty rocket into a multitude of destructive devices.

Bert
April 9th, 2004, 01:36 AM
the military deems the rockets to be destroyed due to the ease of turning the empty rocket into a multitude of destructive devices.

Saw a couple of used LAW rocket launchers at a gun show a couple of weeks ago. About $70.00 each, they were still there when I left. This was in St. Paul, MN.

wrench352
April 9th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Now see,thats the price I remember! I've since been able to procure one. I paid well less than the ebay price but still waaaaay more than $70. Hey Bert check your mail please.
BTW,I'm still looking for nice specimens.

Bert
April 11th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Hey Bert check your mail please.

Sorry, nothing in my email-