View Full Version : Ammonipulver

A-BOMB
May 23rd, 2002, 05:52 PM
I made some Ammonipulver with the Makshift Arsenal method of 4 parts AN to 1 part charcoal. Well it doesn't burn so I've was hoping that someone here may have a better formula for it? And by the way does any one know when the PFP is going to be back up again?

kingspaz
May 23rd, 2002, 06:13 PM
the formula by mass is:

80% NH4NO3
20% Charcoal

it doesn't burn particualarly fast but it burns almost smokeless and quite hot. although the stuff i made was very bad quality.

A-BOMB
May 23rd, 2002, 06:22 PM
Kingspaz, by mass you mean weight. And my batch that I made when I when to light it it would just melt :confused: and sputter out a flame every once and a while and even then I would have to hold the match to it constantly.

CyclonitePyro
May 24th, 2002, 12:00 AM
I remember someone saying this comp. doesn't burn well under normal atmospheric conditions. Maybe the AN isn't dry as well. Make a salute out of some and a stong container, that would raise the pressure dramaticly, and up the burn rate of the remaining powder.

Zambosan
May 24th, 2002, 12:51 PM
As long as you're both on the surface of the same planet, mass and weight are interchangeable. :D

<small>[ July 18, 2002, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Zambosan ]</small>

inferno
May 25th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Ive heard of ppl having all sorts of problems with AN+newspaper smoke bombs. Either it does jack shit, or the newspaper burns and not the an, all sorts of stuff.

Maybe if u powdered the ingredients a lot, then mixed it in water, and confined it in a strong tube, and added a small amount of another oxidiser, KNO3 or something. I didnt think NH4NO3 oxidised well? And i have a lot of trouble trying to get C to light.