View Full Version : Phone Sex

atr
March 18th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Let's say that someone invented a cellphone with a digital camera built in . Talk to someone and send them a photo at the same time . Let's say that you were thinking about buying 2 , one for you and one for the girlfriend . Let's say that the girlfriend would be more than happy to send you very private photos at work or anywhere as long as you were the only one to view them . Question is , can the photos be intercepted by anyone ? Is there a scanner out there that will pick up conversations and photos ? Will big brother or your neighbour have pics of the girlfriend or maybe you pinned to thier wall ? Of course this is fictional and for informational purposes only but if anyone has an answer , i need it , fast .

ossassin
March 18th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Someone has already invented camera phones, even though you seem to know that. Just making sure. Yes, I'm pretty sure that people can intercept them. It's called phreaking. (sp?) One has to be fairly experienced and needs special equipment to do it, though, so I wouldn't worry.

Anthony
March 19th, 2004, 01:06 PM
He's either trying to con his girlfriend into sending him nudie pics, or what pics of someone else's girlfriend.

Think about it: The image will be digitised, the bits will be modulated into the radio waves just like conversation or text messages. So if the call is secure, then so will the pictures.

You used to be able to listen into cell phone calls with an ordinary scanner (just like you could with cordless phones), but that was in the days of analogue systems. Nowadays the networks are digital and the signals are encrypted, so no you can't listen in with a scanner.

Intercepting a transmitted picture file and decrypting it would be possible, but you're talking government resources.

Anyway, end of topic because:

a) Intercepting cell phone calls has been discussed several times

b) This has FA to do with Explosives & Weapons.