View Full Version : Triangle salutes

YTS
September 20th, 2001, 05:23 PM
I just wanted to know how to make triangle salutes i read how to do it once but ive done a search on the forum but nothing come up cheers

Anthony
September 20th, 2001, 07:21 PM
Cut a strip of paper about a foot long and 1" - 1.5" wide. Fold over the corner at one end to touch the other side so the end of the strip has a 45 degree angle. Fold the angled part up so the end of the strip is now flat and there's a triangle against the paper strip. Fold this triangle over again to put a point back on the end of the strip. You now have a triangular pouch. Either force a fuse through the corner, or just stick out in the top of the pouch (will be held in place when you continue folding). Fill the pouch 1/2 to 3/4 with explosive.

Now coninue folding the triangle upwards until you run out of paper, stick the free end down with a bit of tape and you're done.

My discription is crap, but it's really easy once you've done it once.

------------------
"Shit happens. Get a fucking helmet"

CodeMason
September 20th, 2001, 08:17 PM
I've made these on several occasions, wasted a lot of my high quality BP too! I've found that the powder tends to all fall out of the small holes at the corners of the triangle. No matter how perfectly you try to fold it, these holes are always there, and are quite a frustration! And getting the powder in them without spilling it everywhere needs a steady hand and (preferably) a funnel.
Thus, due to my frustrations, I have declared these fireworks too much effort for too small a bang. Of course if worst comes to worst and there's a worldwide shortage of cardboard tubes... http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/smilies/wink.gif

mark
September 20th, 2001, 08:49 PM
Their little darlings when their filled with ap. Ones filled with blackpowder tend to rocket in my experience.

Anthony
September 20th, 2001, 09:29 PM
I'll admit that I stick a little bit of tape over the corners to keep anything from falling out. I've got some reasonable bangs using BP.

I don't see how filling them is difficult, you're just filling a pouch, I use a small spatula or a knife blade.

The great thing about these is you can make them in two minutes with no need to let anything dry/set.

------------------
"Shit happens. Get a fucking helmet"

mark
September 21st, 2001, 12:57 AM
Their suprisingly powerfull(atleast with ap.) I taped on onto an empty coke can, and it blew a hole threw both sides. I also got one to shoot a good 50 feet with bp. It was hilarious.

CodeMason
September 21st, 2001, 04:53 AM
By making a shape roughly like this:<font face="fixedsys">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;//
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;//
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;/\
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;/&nbsp;&nbsp;\
&nbsp;&nbsp;/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;\
&nbsp;/&nbsp;&nbsp;/\&nbsp;&nbsp;\
/&nbsp;&nbsp;/&nbsp;&nbsp;\&nbsp;&nbsp;\
ŻŻŻ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;ŻŻŻ</font>
And filling with AP, you would have yourself a rather nice mini shaped charge. I can imagine making it via two paper cones, the smaller one with a sharper angle than the larger, fitting them together and wrapping with a very large amount of tape. This "shaped charge" firecracker would be more effective than a plain matchbox full of the stuff for detonating secondaries, am I right? Any other possible designs?

Agent Blak
September 21st, 2001, 10:41 AM
I made some of these when i was younger but haven't made them in years. I first go the Idea from a book Called "The FireCracker CookBook" by Idwin Lou. I also put tape on the edges.

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

PYREX
September 21st, 2001, 01:08 PM
About the cone-shaped detonator: Are you shure that this would give a better performance than just simply a "normal" shaped det? I'd say that the primary charge should be as near to the secondary as possible to transmit its shockwave with the least loss. In a shaped charge the main part of the primary explosive is quite far away from it. Also the shockwave is concentrated to a small area so I think it would rather punch a hole through the secondary than reliably detonate it.

Just my thougths; correct me if I'm wrong

CodeMason
September 21st, 2001, 08:09 PM
PYREX, but that's the point, the blast is concentrated in one area, instead of evenly distributing it through the secondary. You forget that an explosive is not a large scale substance, an emergent property of its constituents, each individual molecule of HE acts as an explosive in its own right. And once we have some of the secondary to detonate, the rest will follow.

green beret
September 22nd, 2001, 12:13 AM
Agent Blak, do you still have a copy of the firecracker cookbook?

Agent Blak
September 22nd, 2001, 12:53 AM
Yes...
what can you offer as a trade.

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

Mr Cool
September 22nd, 2001, 07:16 AM
I think it would be better to have the information freely available, because newer people will probably have little to offer you, but they might be very interested in the book...
If you have a Yahoo briefcase or something, do you think you could put it there so we can see it?
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Mr Cool (edited September 23, 2001).]

Agent Blak
September 24th, 2001, 02:40 AM
follow the below listed link. then go to the new folder and grab the pages. It is the whole FCCB. just because I was in a good mood.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/agent_blak/lst?.dir=/Bookz&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/agent_blak/lst%3f.dir=/Bookz%26.src=bc%26.view=l

------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

ALENGOSVIG1
September 24th, 2001, 03:40 AM
I used to make these. but i found it was better to just make a cavity in a piece of newspaper, fill with powder, insert fuse, and crumple into a ball and then put alot of electricial tape wrapped tight around it. you can easily make perfectly round balls with practaice.look just like black chearry bombs. big ones :-)

good book though

------------------
How much power will you lose if you do not know what they already know?

Explosives Archive (http://surf.to/alexplo)

SATANIC
September 24th, 2001, 10:14 AM
i made them a couple of times, and had one explode on the desk, filled with AP. now i stick to hard containers, i think it was the pressure i applied while taping it up. (it exploded a couple of seconds after i put it down.) no damage though, so i was lucky. i also put tape over the corners.

PYREX
September 24th, 2001, 03:11 PM
I have just made some of those fuckers and they went just fine. I made some with fine flash and some with coarse bp. There was no difference in power (loudness) though. With none of them did I have any problems of powder falling out at the corners (just roll them tight). Also the bigger ones arent louder than the small ones. One made with a 3x30cm strip and 0.5g was just as loud as the one from a 6x30cm strip and 1.5g. Probably to achieve a better performance the length should be increased in proportion to the width. So a 6x60cm one would go quite banghttp://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

Donutty
September 25th, 2001, 05:52 PM
http://donuttyfiles.50megs.com/vids/

File is called 'ppcracker.zip'

A video of a triangular salute

------------------
...AAGH! It Burns!...