View Full Version : VX-Like Agent

Trinity
March 19th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Many orgainc-phosporus pesticides have a chemical structure very similar to the nerve agents.
These pesticides can be turned into low-grade nerve agents by simply combining them with other chemicals.

One of the most toxic phosphor-organic pesticides is "Parathion". In it self this pesticide is very toxic. Oral ingestion of 0.2 gram will kill an adult human.

To create a real VX-like nerve agent, Parathion can be mixed with Dimethyl Sulfoxide ( DMSO ).

DMSO is solld by many veterinarian suppliers and by some health shops.
Pure DMSO is not toxic - in contrast it is belived to have a good effect against some skin-irritations.
DMSO is a so called "skin-transfere-agent". This means that it will penetrate intact human skin very fast.
But, as it also is a solvent, it will take anything disolved in it with it through the skin.
Many types of Russian nervegases are mixed with DMSO.

But the most important factor is that DMSO will increase the toxicity of all phosphor-organic compounds with a factor of 20 - 25 times theire original toxicity.

To create a VX-Like agent, Parathion and DMSO is simply mixed in a ratio of 50/50%.

The resulting mixture can be placed as small drops, similar to the way of real VX. Contact with these drops will mean that they will penetrate the skin very fast and cause death or severe illnes.

In a test, a few drops were placed on the back of a cat. It died in about 10 minutes.

Rhadon
March 20th, 2004, 09:54 AM
It's nice to see that you want to contribute, but the information you give us is nothing really new. I didn't validate the "phosphine" thread for that very reason.

Quality, not quantity :). Additionally, it would be helpful to know your sources, especially for the numerical data.

hbx53
February 27th, 2005, 11:16 PM
can we use methyl parathion instead of parathion? can is it effective?

MrSamosa
March 4th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Of course! Methyl parathion is less toxic than Ethyl Parathion but as someone once said, the difference is "really really really nasty" versus "really reall nasty." Frankly, I wouldn't want to be around either of them.

Chris The Great
June 15th, 2006, 03:17 AM
It's not VX, and will not be as toxic as VX. Toxic, yes, but not on par with military grade agents like VX.

Conversion from ethyl to methyl would be quite complex and you would be far better suited to making a real nerve agent then trying to purify one out of a pesticide and then trying to make it more toxic.

fellow_researcher
July 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Refering to TRINITY article, I want to add some interesting:

We could increase toxicity of methyl parathion by adding permethrin in a ratio of 1:1 (by weight), and then mixed with DMSO in 1:1 ratio. This increased the toxicity by ten times.

ANOTHER IDEA:
We could increase toxicity of methyl parathion by adding atrazine in a ratio of 1:1 (by weight), and then mixed with DMSO in 1:1 ratio. This increased the toxicity by fifty times.

I invite comments on my views.

+++++++

Source of your statements of "This increased the toxicity by 10x-50x". Otherwise...

NBK

simply RED
July 24th, 2006, 05:21 AM
50 times... Impossible!

nbk2000
July 24th, 2006, 03:04 PM
US Patent 4083899
Production of O,O-dialkyl- or O,O-diaryldithiophosphoric acids

fellow_researcher
July 24th, 2006, 11:12 PM
simply RED claimed 50 times ... Impossible

If you have any objection on my comments, prove your statement.

++++++++

In science, the burden of proof is on the claimant.

Otherwise, I could say "There's a planet on the other side of the side that only I know of! It must exist because you can't prove me wrong!".

Who would bother and, if they did, what did they gain by doing so? Nothing.

FullMetalJacket
August 8th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Parathion was used by South Africa during the RHodesian 'war' of independence, mostly as an assasain's weapon against white dignitaries and important figures.

It caused some very, very, nasty symptoms in the survivors, that I won't go into here to protect your mind.

nbk2000
August 8th, 2006, 09:18 PM
I think our delicate minds could handle a vivid description. :)

Ropik
August 9th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Multiple cancers, costantly renewing, open, painful ulcers, sudden fits of unbearable pain, total hair loss, severe liver problems, leukemia... that's only what I can remember from some book about chem/bio warfare. Nasty as hell.

simply RED
August 9th, 2006, 07:09 PM
How does atrazine increases the toxicity of parathion?

FullMetalJacket
August 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Multiple cancers, costantly renewing, open, painful ulcers, sudden fits of unbearable pain, total hair loss, severe liver problems, leukemia... that's only what I can remember from some book about chem/bio warfare. Nasty as hell.

"Plague Wars". Mangold and Goldberg.

Fantastic book.

megalomania
August 17th, 2006, 09:31 PM
In science, an infinite number of experiments may prove your claim, but it only takes one experiment to completely disprove it.

That is one of my favorite quotes, and something I firmly believe. The first idiot who starts dickering semantics about it gets banned… The experiment must be scientifically valid and reproducible, but you get the point.

The best way, then, for any scientist who proposes a claim is NOT to keep proving what you say is true, but to actively set out to DISPROVE your own claim. You have to be your biggest critic. Responsible scientists do this, fraudsters and hacks do not.

simply RED
August 18th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Fellow_researcher, could you explain me please - how could adding atrazine to parathion increase toxicity?

cutefix
August 22nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
The simplest answer is synergism..combining the carbamate with the organophosphorus

simply RED
December 12th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Atrazine (2-chloro-4-(ethylamine)-6-(isopropylamine)-s-triazine) is not carbamate, it is triazine herbicide.
http://www.inchem.org/documents/pds/pds/pest82_e.htm
Atrazine is almost harmless to warm blooded (LD50 1000mg/kg)

Indeed mixing : carbamates, organophosphates, picro like cage convulsants, amfetamine like substances etc has synergic effect.