View Full Version : Dmso=msm

mixnut
March 21st, 2004, 02:06 AM
My first post and question. Sirs, is dimethyl sulfo methoxide equivalent with Methyl sulfomethoxide (sold at health shops) ? One thing is obvious they both have sulfur. Its been documented by some research that they can carry chemical substances thru dermal contact only? How true and what compounds and substances are those? Biologicals such antivenims/alkaloids/antirabies possible thru such substance? How does one synthesis DMSO or MSM. Tried researching but to no avail. I am asking for synthesis because it is not available in our locale. Lastly where can i purchase the CD's that contain information that members of this sites give. Thanks

megalomania
March 21st, 2004, 06:30 PM
I could not find anything on methyl sulfomethoxide, but from a glance it sounds like this may indeed be DMSO. You have both METHYL and sulfoMETHoxide indicating two different methyl groups attached to a sulfoxide. Of course I could be wrong...

DMSO does indeed assist the passage of chemicals through the skin, this can be a benefit in medicine when the introduction of drugs into the body is desired, or a bane in the lab when using DMSO with other toxins may be dangerous if spilled.

I thought I had the synthesis of DMSO around (your not the first person to ask me this) but I have long since lost it. It's not on my list of precursors to research, but it is interesting nonetheless. I shall hit the reference library tomorrow and see what I can dig up. I will request some of the old journals if there are any.

flashpoint
April 9th, 2004, 02:13 PM
DMSO is dangerous in other ways too, it can allow for transdermal use of say, steroids or other prohormones...but it can also allows bacteria and other nasties in as well...thus why people wrap there body with seran wrap...they wrap the part that they applied the DMSO solution too.