View Full Version : Rail-cannon plans

Cyclo_Knight
March 23rd, 2004, 11:27 PM
I finally finshed my rail-cannon last weekend...It is essentially a 2" steel pipe with a .75" bore 2.5' in length. It stands on a reenforced tripod, which is constant level, and fires sharpened steel dowels. The power and sound are amazing, It fires the 1/2 pound rails out of sight into solid pine trees. The accuracy however is terrible as the spikes tend to tumble after 100 yards. Point-blank however the sheer power will shatter young 4" pines. It is loaded with Pyrodex, but I suppose you could use NC as the barrel is EXTREMELY heavy. I raised it on two cinder-blocks, and hit it with a splitting axe and failed to bend it...only surface damage and cracked cinder-blocks :)

If anyone would like plans to this I will draw them up in Auto CAD, and put it into PDF format. It will take we a week or two tho as I am EXTREMELY busy with some waste-water treatments designs that were due LAST week! :(

Gremlin
March 24th, 2004, 12:13 AM
I would be very interested in thses plans.
(sorry is this is a double as i can't see whether the post was successful or not)

----------------------

When you submit your post you will get a message which tells you that you have posted successfully. All of your posts are in the moderation queue two if not three times!

And if you have two things to say in one topic, put them into one post and not into two different ones. People who try to increase their post count by creating a new post for almost every sentence are "post whores", and we all know what usually happens with these...

Rhadon

nbk2000
March 24th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Pictures within a few days or you'll be beHED'd for violation of the "Mr. Wizard" rule.

This subject is something countless n00bies have posted new topics about, but not one of them has ever provided proof of anything other than having an overactive imagination.

When you get the pics, e-mail them to me at forumscan@yahoo.com and I'll reopen this thread and approve them for attachment.

Failure to comply will result in your termination. :)