View Full Version : Light in the water

Melvin
March 26th, 2004, 10:34 AM
It's very simple to do.I want to tell you first what is the resault of this reaction- you'll see pink-red light in the test-tube.
So first make 10ml concentrated solution of NaOH in one test-tube and in another test-tube put the same amount of 30% H2O2.Cool the test-tubes to arrownd 0 degrees.During you wait the solutions to cool make a chlorine in chlorine generator which has a burner.When the NaOH and H2O2 are cooled enough mix them and pit the burner of the chlorine genrator in the tube(where you have mixed H2O2 an NaOH).When the chlorine gas starts to bubble in the mixture you'll see the light.
If work precisly you want fell the smell of the chlorine.I want to tell you that the proportions I have given here are not exact nevertheless there is reaction.The equation is:

2NaOH + H2O2 + Cl2 -> 2NaCl + 2H2O + O2 + hv

Tell me if you like it ;)
P.S. Sorry if there are some mistakes in my english!

mongo blongo
March 27th, 2004, 05:51 PM
You are describing chemiluminesence (sp?) which is kinda cool. BUT
1.This is an Explosives & Weapons forum.
2.This happens to be the Pyrotechnics section.
3.Your first post is a new topic.
Shall I go on? :rolleyes:
Did you even read the rules? :rolleyes:

nbk2000
March 27th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Sorry about that fellas. :o

It was que'd for approval, and it looked OK, so I approved it.

Unfortunately, the approval que doesn't say what section something goes in when it's approved, nor if it's even a new topic or just a reply. :(

I'm flying blind! :eek:

;)

Moving to the water cooler.

Marvin
April 2nd, 2004, 04:05 AM
Who are you and what have you done with the real nbk2000?

Bert
April 2nd, 2004, 04:36 AM
Who are you and what have you done with the real nbk2000?

The empirical evidence points to an endorphin saturation situation. This coupled with the musings on raising a crop of ruthless little Apaches leads me to suspect the presence of a steady girlfriend...

Marvin
April 2nd, 2004, 03:03 PM
I see what you are saying. Nbk has been kidnapped by his girlfriend, and replaced by a goverment controlled clone.

kingspaz
April 2nd, 2004, 07:01 PM
shit! you're right guys!

i better ban nbk2000 so the feds can't get access :D

vulture
April 7th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Not to mention he just made a bad translation of the procedure I posted at my dutch chemistry board... :mad:

Jacks Complete
April 7th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Hey, leave him alone!
At least he tried!

(unless he ripped off Vultures site, in which case, away he should go!)
((Perhaps not if he copied it into English himself?))