View Full Version : Giving up your DNA ?

GibboNet
March 27th, 2004, 09:07 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/US/testing_tickets_040323.html

Teens can go in the running to win concert tickets by having an HIV / AIDs test.

I don't know what this is about, but a cynic on another board made a comment about it being the government's way of getting the DNA of thousands of teens on the records before they know it.

Apparently it's been done before through flu vaccinations.

Sorry if this has been posted, I haven't had time to check in recently. Thought it might be a heads up for anyone who didn't know what could be going on.

Flake2m
March 27th, 2004, 11:06 AM
What intrests me is that they are testing for HIV/AIDS using a saliva swab. From what I know about HIV/AIDS you would have to drink litres and litres of saliva from an infected person before you have any chance of getting HIV/AIDS.
Blood and other body fluids it much more likely. Normally they take a blod sample and see if any HIV/AIDS anti-bodies appear.
I would be very cautious about that test, but since the artists in the rock concert are crap I wouldn't bother anyway.

Nihilist
March 27th, 2004, 01:25 PM
You can't ever get HIV or AIDS from saliva. Human saliva is one of the few things that kills HIV and AIDS. I would be VERY suspicious of a test that uses saliva, though it isn't impossible that there could be some kind of residue indicitave of HIV in ones saliva.

EDIT: http://www.thebody.com/sowadsky/saliva.html This seems to be a reasonble explanation of how a saliva test would work, but it still doesn't rule out the possibility that the gov is trying to get our DNA, even if the test is legit.

Desmikes
March 28th, 2004, 12:16 AM
All body parts that are made for direct contact with the outside world are protected with substance that tears up RNA based shit like HIV and all viruses, this is why it is "safe" to dump infected blood on uncut skin. I wish I knew English terminology to explain it better...