View Full Version : Look out, it's more BS from Australia's tabloids

Zeitgeist
April 4th, 2004, 03:34 AM
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,9181094%5E2862,00.html

It's not like it's a bloody bomb in a bag, should have guessed this guy is one of the ones that did that car bomb documentary.

The initiating explosive is the key to an AN device, as everyone here knows, not buying the AN

Lil_Guppy
April 4th, 2004, 03:49 AM
The initiating explosive is the key to an AN device, as everyone here knows, not buying the AN
But if they were to say that, the public (read: sheeple) would not as readily support a banning of the substance, or at least support supply regulations being put in place. I have also noticed that the media sometimes takes care not to be too specific, leaving the explosive as being described simply as 'fertiliser'. IMO, this also could 'program' the sheeple to think that fertilisers in general can be used for such purposes, opening it up for the government to restrict chemicals such as potassium nitrate (don't laugh, I was told by my supplier that they recieved an 'unofficial' notice that it may be heading for the watched list as well as AN). I honestly think that to be able to report a story, a reported must have some knowledge about the topic. But then again, the gov. wouldnt be able to use them as puppets if reporters actually new what they were reporting was BS :p"It is too readily available to the average Joe off the street." Yeah, but the 'average Joe' wouldn't want to use AN for anything other than greening up their lawn.The European Union regulates ammonium nitrate production, insisting it be made in large granules that are harder to turn into a bomb.Have they not heard of such things as a ball mill or other such equipment?! :rolleyes:

Zeitgeist
April 4th, 2004, 06:25 AM
They will probably realise that it can just be ballmilled down, and go to other more foolproof methods of rendering it undetonatable.

Like mixing it with CaCO3 - When every schoolkid knows how to seperate it.

vulture
April 4th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Let 'em ban NH4NO3. It's the last thing they'll do in their political careers when farmers and industry find out how much it's going to cost them.

Flake2m
April 4th, 2004, 08:06 AM
The difference here is that if your average joe walks in and buys 50kg of AN. They'll use it for greening up there lawn or garden 99.99% of the time. It is the 0.01% of population that ruin it for the rest.
As for the london raids, mentioned in the article, if someone has 500kg of AN and doesnt have a garden or farm then I'd consider it suspect.

Mr Cool
April 4th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Just look at the reporter!!

GIMP! GIMP!

megalomania
April 4th, 2004, 09:54 PM
I had a copy of a government publication that said they are starting to watch the sale of potassium and sodium nitrates, but not calcium nitrate for some reason. Only at the bulk ton level for now.