View Full Version : Isnt the brain...

Wicked1
April 22nd, 2004, 10:30 PM
Hey guys, I've been coming to this forum for a very long time (4ish years, under diffrent names) and i have realised something, this forum has mainly missed the most powerfull weapon of all: The Mind.

You speak of Chemistry, Improvised Weapons, High/Low/Improvised Explosives, poisins, etc. Have you considered computers as a weapon? They are very powerfull tools. with the right knowhow, you can have someones power shut off, computer ruined, aol account stolen/canceled, the list gos on.

Computers are what todays society uses to keep in touch, manage taxes, pay bills, and satisfy sexual urges. Should this forum not have the information that can be used to exploit this? im not suggesting this forum gos right to a hacking/phreaking site, I only think there should be some information availible. there are surely others here that have the knowlage as i do that wish to share, and to learn from others, and learning to use the tools that we use every day to our advantage.

How about an extra section for computers, eh? :D

-As always a computer geek, Wicked.

Bert
April 23rd, 2004, 02:07 AM
You speak of Chemistry, Improvised Weapons, High/Low/Improvised Explosives, poisins, etc. Have you considered computers as a weapon?
Yeah, but it was too awkward to hit my opponents with- A brick worked better.

Seriously, the US & other governments certainly have programs along these lines. But aside from information theft/alteration and fucking up computer controlled infrastructure, I think it'd be more of an annoyance than a devastating physical attack. I've read enough William Gibson books to know what you're getting at, but we're not quite there yet.

Computer security for information exchange certainly has a place here. If you extended that to instructing on how to hack & attack, I think some agency might take it as a pretext to shut this forum down. I also suspect that there are a number of sites allready in existence specializing in such things...

Small Town
April 23rd, 2004, 05:13 AM
IMHO this site is highly geared towards scientific, physical means of attack. Sure a computer 'can' be used as a weapon, but its not nearly as devastating as say, a bullet to the face.

If we were talking about the best way to bring down a corporation then sure computers would be the way to go, but most of this site is about personal fulfillment/defense, which cant really be acomplished by moving a few numbers around a screen.

aikon
April 23rd, 2004, 06:11 AM
This is the best forum on the net dedicated to explosives, weapons etc.
If you wanna talk about computer science you'll find thousands of other sites.

Cas
April 24th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I think that's no bad idea, but there is that much information on this topic, another big forum would be necessary. You would speak about programming languages, existing hacking progs, email hacking, phreaking and so on, ......i don't know a lot about it.

So, you see this topic it's absolutely too huge :(