View Full Version : Secret Service taking Job to new levels

darkdontay
April 30th, 2004, 06:32 AM
"Last week, Secret Service agents paid a visit to Prosser to try to answer an unusual question: Was the high-school freshman who turned in a drawing of President Bush with his head on a stake a threat?

The district office of the Secret Service in Washington state declined to comment except to say its actions weren't out of the ordinary.

"This is not something unique to Washington, and this is not something unique to the times that we live in," said Wallace Shields, special agent in charge of the district. "If we get what someone reports to be a threat against any person or place we protect, we investigate it."

Shields said it is unlawful to threaten the president's life. The job of the Secret Service is to determine whether there is an actual threat or danger; if so, the information is turned over to proper authorities, which could include local police or the U.S. Attorney's Office. "

The article just gets worse and worse as it goes on.

It is 2:00am and I have a couple college papers due today so I do not have time to go off on the power of this one little article

festergrump
April 30th, 2004, 01:01 PM
To be honest, I doesn't surprise me in the least. What the fuck ever...There's no way that kid is a threat to the president's life or probably ever will be. Just another reason for folks to get to thumping their bibles and saying, "There's too much damned violence on TV and in music, and video games these days!". It's fuel for the PMRC and other self-righteous folk to take our every last freedom away. But the US Army can pay programmers a shitload of cash to produce a really kick-ass 1st person shoot-em-up game (Americas Army) to entice youngsters who like that sort of thing into signing up for real. Kind of a double edged sword...

I'm not gonna go off on a rant, but ever since I saw GWAR last week I have been wondering: How long will we be able to have and see freedom of speech and expression? On stage lead singer, Oderous Urungous (sp?) beheaded a mock John Kerry. Fake blood flew everywhere and all over everyone. Is GWAR a threat? Take a look at them...(Oderous of GWAR) (http://www.gwar.net/media/pics/oderus/graphics/oderus12.jpg?gwarsid=7e0c8bacff2e5c9d12492bf853ae3 cae) THEY don't even take themselves seriously! Now before anyone gets all upset with me because I think it was fucking hilarious, I'd have laughed just as hard if it were Bush. (Really. I'm not ranting or trying to flare tempers. Promise.) It was just an awesome show that future generations may never know the likes of.

IMHO, what that kid drew was at the very most "in poor taste" (as is everything else I find amusing, I might add! ;) ). It's rediculous that it spawned an investigation by more than a principal or school counselor. But, from a government who fears little old me and my deer rifle, I'm not surprised.

On a side note: Local news in my area says a 12 year old boy who strangled an 8 year old little girl for no apparent reason will not even be charged with murder, let alone be tried as an adult. MY 8 year old knows right from wrong. Sick times we live in? I agree.

Darkdontay: Can you make it easy on us and post a link to the article?

Bert
April 30th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Take a look at them...(Oderous of GWAR) (http://www.gwar.net/media/pics/oderus/graphics/oderus12.jpg?gwarsid=7e0c8bacff2e5c9d12492bf853ae3 cae)

I did- Charming lyrics, (http://lyrics.rockmagic.net/lyrics/gwar/hell_o_1988.html#u_aint_shit) I must say...

Arkangel
April 30th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Have just come back from California, and while I was there I took my usual opportunity to go and fire off a few rounds (Ar15, Glock 9mm+.45 S&W .357).

Anyway, we had the chance to buy some lovely Saddam or OBL targets, which were basically home made by the range staff by sticking a photocopy over a normal target.

Since the range manager was such an arrogant, pretentious, redneck COCK, we were only prevented by lack of time from making a George Bush target or two.

Wonder what would have happened? :D

festergrump
April 30th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Hmmm... does the word INVESTIGATION come to mind? Crazy, ain't it?

Bert, that's some funny shit you gotta admit! :D Kinda shockingly funny. Like Howard Stern, funny. Oops! FCC put a stop to that, too... :confused:

darkdontay
April 30th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Wow sorry guys I was dog tired.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/text/2001914403_artwork28m.html