View Full Version : Terrorists and AN restrictions

Dr_Pind
April 30th, 2004, 11:04 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Most of you are well aware, that terrorists have made it harder to acquire AN based fertilizers in quite a lot of western countries. You always have to ansver the same question again and again: "What is this 34-0-0 fertilizer for sonny?" And of course one says: "Its for my moms roses or potatoes or what ever"! The reason for my post is the fact, that resent events in Britain, where several hundred kg of AN fertilizer was found stored by suspected terrorists, combined with the bombings in madrid, have led to a bann of AN fertilizers (containing a definite percentage of AN) in Denmark. From the beginning of next year, one won't be able to get AN fertilizers in garden sales anymore, unless one has got a agricultural licence. I'm curious if these recent events have led to bans or restrictions in other countries.

P.S. Stupid terrorists! If they had just used their explosives for fun, instead of killing people, we wouldn't be facing this problem today....

Dr_Pind
April 30th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Oh... There is a similar thread on some AN fertilizer that was stolen in australia. The AN found in Great Britain is also mentioned. Seems that I'm not the only one concerned about restrictions! Hope it will pass like it did in Oklahoma.

Hang-Man
April 30th, 2004, 04:41 PM
They don't understand that weapons can be made from anything. By takeing away AN, they only give us reason to find more ways to make explosives from everyday items.

(Not like they could really ban AN anyway, I'm just saying..)

Plinker
May 1st, 2004, 04:13 PM
Good point, even if they take away AN they'll just find something else. Thats like saying you cant have weapons in school (not that im saying thats bad or anything) but anything could be a weapon, a pen could probably be equaly proficient at killing someone as a knife.(well, almost)

Davo
May 23rd, 2004, 07:22 AM
I've been finding it incredibly hard to aquire some AN or saltpeter recently. A few years ago they sold it ok but now they try to sell you a bag of manure or a mixture if you ask for KNO3 or NH4NO3 for a garden or lawn. Does anyone know if theres a definate "reason" that usually works in obtaining these two?

megalomania
May 23rd, 2004, 09:59 AM
The funny thing is nobody ever blew up anything with fertilizer you get from a garden store. All the explosive uses of fertilizer are in quantities obtained through agriculture supply stores in vast quantities. All these people have to do is say they have a farm.

Hang-Man
May 23rd, 2004, 07:38 PM
The real problem is the media. The government knows that their laws hinder the hobbyist not the terrorist, but the sheeple pressure the lawmakers into banning AN because channel 6 news did a 'special report' saying how civilization is on the brink of collapse because at any minute Osama bin Laden or the Boys from Brazil could walk on into Home Hardware and, with $50, blow up a schoolyard full of orphans. These people need to learn that if a smart enough person wants to blow up a schoolyard full or orphans, there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it, and banning AN just pisses people off. (which incites school/workplace shootings. So these people are adding to the problem :p)

Flake2m
May 24th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Actually the public can do something about it, but not by carrying on about how dangerous AN and various household chemicals are.
I'd be simply simply keeping an eye out for things out of the ordinary. If a raghead was storing large amounts of AN in his house and didn't have a garden then isn't that sus?

Thwarting terrorist attacks relies on intelligence, undercover work and tip offs. Thats what the useless police and the less useless ASIO/MI5/FBI/CIA are for. Banning AN is a last resort.

Jacks Complete
May 24th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Haha... I agree. After all, look at all the laws to ban guns in the UK, and yet now every criminal has one (or more!)

We trade books on here covering theory of rifling, how to reload, etc. and we could use that knowledge to make a few toys, but the gangbanger general just puts out a few hundred quid and gets a standard 9mm semi or whatever on "sale or return" for his troops, if they don't carry already.

Once again, laws only affect those prepared to abide by them.