View Full Version : PEROXYACETONE - archive file

zaibatsu
October 13th, 2002, 09:49 AM
FLAMES
A new voice
posted January 26, 2001 05:06 PM
i found the anarchy cookbook 2000 edtion and found this stuff I WANT TO KNOW WILL IT WORK. PEROXYACETONE
PEROXYACETONE IS EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE AND HAS BEEN REPORTED TO BE SHOCK SENSITIVE

MATERIALS:
? 4 mL Acetone
? 4 mL 30% Hydrogen Peroxide
? 4 drops Conc. Hydrochloric Acid
? 150 mm Test Tube
Add 4 mL acetone and 4 mL hydrogen peroxide to the test tube. Then add 4 drops concentrated hydrochloric acid. In 10-20 minutes a white solid should begin to appear. If no change is observed, warm the test tube in a water bath at 40°C. Allow the reaction to continue for two hours. Swirl the slurry and filter it. Leave out on filter paper to dry for at least two hours. To ignite, light a candle tied to a meter stick and light it (while staying at least a meter away).
WILL IT WORK ANSEWR ME ABOUT IT.

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted January 26, 2001 05:15 PM
no, you got the formula a little wrong. Your formula is missing the most important part. Before you use the hydrochloric acid you have to keep your hand in it for 5 minutes. This lowers the acidity of the acid.

PYRO500
posted January 26, 2001 05:21 PM
well, as a habit you shoudnt take info directly from the anarchist's cookbook and try it, and it is acetone peroxide tri acetone tri peroxide or tatp

that I dont think is a very good ratio to make ap also what % of h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) did you use beacuse the stuff for first aid is only 3%

I would recomend deleting all the files that you have about explosives that have anarchy written in them. also all the anarchist's cookbooks are shit, yes even 2000

PYRO500
posted January 26, 2001 05:23 PM
also you shouldnt demand things here, it gets bad responses

Anthony
posted January 26, 2001 05:57 PM
That procedure sounds very familiar, I think it's a lab procedure for TCAP I read once, except that it used H2SO4, not HCl.

I second what pyro500 said, some of the info in anarchy crapbooks does work as it is ripped off from reliable sources. However, it's far better to get it directly from a reliable source, that way you know it has been altered by some 12 year old kewl who doesn't have a clue what he's doing and goes by the name of the Jolly Roger(er).

Never post anything from any crapbook! When NBK gets back you'll get into shit for doing it.

vehemt
Frequent Poster
posted January 26, 2001 10:13 PM
Its the irregularity in the crapbooks that makes them bad, some good some bad and without any experience or technical knowledge people dont know any better.

Visit mega's page for future reference on explosives.
<a href="http://surf.to/megalomania" target="_blank">http://surf.to/megalomania</a>