View Full Version : transporting AP and HTMD - Archive file

zaibatsu
October 13th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Teck
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 04:13 AM
OK I made some AP and I need to go to my friends house to blow this stuff up at the gravel pits and he lives 15 miles from me. Is it safe to transport this stuff in the car?

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 04:45 AM
I have did it ones i whas scard that they explode on the middle of the high way,I packd it in alot of toilet paper,But i think you better can`t do this it`s very dangerous.

------------------
--==DarkAngel==--

Go to Section1 <a href="http://www.section1.f2s.com" target="_blank">http://www.section1.f2s.com</a> Alot off Bombs/Explosives and Homemade Weapons!!,,,Plus a &lt;&lt;Forum&gt;&gt;!!!

Maddoc
posted January 28, 2001 05:17 AM
Wash it right... and its safe.
Just put it into a small cardoard box and pack newspapers around it.

------------------
Whoa, where my fingers?

Teck
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 05:20 AM
Ok, how about filling a plastic film canister with dry AP to detonate is that dangerousand also how about a soda can?
and could i use a small funnel to fill either of them up? like will it detonate from friction of it going in to the containers?

the freshmaker
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 06:31 AM
I think it would go if your AP or HMTD is slightly wet, put it in film cannisters and you sholdn't have any problems.
DON'T transport DRY AP or HMTD!

Anthony
posted January 28, 2001 10:06 AM
Wet AP is still flame sensitive so filling your container(s) with slightly damp AP will increse safety (damp AP is considerably less sensitive to shock and friction).
You can even use a dry AP detonator to set off the damp AP.

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 01:19 PM
split the AP up into smaller amounts in seperate containers. and do not cap the containers. securly fasten them to a part of your car and you are set to go. DO NOT CAP THE CONTAINERS!. if it goes off you might not get a detonation. this is also why i say split the shit up into smaller amounts.

------------------
...Æ

ALENGOSVIG1
posted January 28, 2001 02:00 PM
hmm, well, I do it all the time. I just put the ap in a plastic tupperware container, and put in my backpack, ive never had any problems

------------------
Explosives Archive

shady mutha
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 04:41 PM
I travel with mine all the time just wrap it up a sheet and treat it like you had a carton off eggs.

THe_rEaL_dEaL
February 16th, 2003, 10:59 AM
When I transport it I usually have it ready as a device in my bag. I always ride my bike for transport and tape the film canisters/pill bottle charges. loosely to an esky lid or a piece of chipboard, facing away from my back. I figure that foam or chipboard (to a lesser extent) are reasonable shock absorbers and could act to disperse the energy over a larger area than the device.

This is pretty dodgy but as compared to just jumping around unfastened in my bag its a hell of a lot safer.

I Find my AP is fairly insensitive to friction but VERY sensitive to Flame and to a lesser extent flameless heat but more than friction.

EDIT: For car transport. Wood Box 5x size of sum of volume of charges. 5x safety factor. Filled with shockwave absobing media. Pummice/Foam. Center it in the middle of boot ... plenty of airspace for shockwave diasapation. Box Fastened loosely to boot floor. Box with plenty of holes for pressure release.

<small>[ February 16, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: THe_rEaL_dEaL ]</small>

frogfot
February 16th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Placing it in plastic cup and covering with etanole, does it sound practical? It would dry in less than 10 minutes, when poured on a paper towel.
AP/HMTD seemed to be pretty stable in my friction tests. I couldn't initiate it when rubbing it on piece of paper with a plastic card for 5 min. But they easily went off when rubbed between two metal pieces. That seemed promising. Now, static electricity is other thing, would a paper cup be of choice to avoid it?

Even though im not that much into HEs, I have thinking to reinforce my "camping" bag with some 1mm steel plates. :D

Nihilist
February 19th, 2003, 11:16 PM
could you also dissolve it in acetone and transport it relatively safely in a glass bottle, and then let the acetone evaporate?

Sarevok
February 20th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Posted by Nihilist:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">could you also dissolve it in acetone and transport it relatively safely in a glass bottle, and then let the acetone evaporate?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">I don't think so. Some Acetone Peroxide or HMTD will evaporate with the acetone, they decompose very quickly. But I never tried this, I am just wondering.

<small>[ February 20, 2003, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Sarevok ]</small>

kingspaz
February 20th, 2003, 08:37 AM
acetone evapourates quick, but not that quick!
i certainly wouldn't want to sit around for a few hours while i let a bottle of acetone evapourate.
just put it in a box of pumice and if it goes off the damage will be kept very localised. if you want a smaller risk of it going off by itself then don't use AP or HMTD. this is what they are best at :D

Efraim_barkbit
May 5th, 2003, 12:52 PM
when I was going to a friend of mine, with my moped on a dirt road for 2km, and for 6km on tarmac (asphalt????) I made a wooden box and put on the back.
I used a pice of thick cardboard to the wall facing backwards.
I filled it with styrofoam pieces used for packing fragile stuff, and put my AP in two small sealable plastick bags and then i put it in the box.
I had quite much styrofoam in it, so when I shaked the box (without the AP in it), it made no sounds, so I knew that nothing inside could bump around.

some day I will set off a filmcanister of AP inside it to see how it works, if it just blow away the cardboard pice, or if the whole box breaks.
then I will know how safe it is.

(hope you understand what I meant, since English isnīt my first language)

elvis
May 5th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Yes, that could be done, yet the peanuts might cause electrostatic charges,
and when you open the box... So, you might want to use a solid piece of
styrofoam with holes cut in it, then put pillows in the box, and there you go.
Any blast will be sufficiently dampened, and little or no possibility of unwanted
detonation will be achieved. I was once storing primers in a box, with the foam
packing nuts, and decided pull it down one day. I opened it up and one went
off, then they all went. I almost had to get a skin graft, I was lucky for I only
had second degree burns, and two pieces of shrapnel.

EDIT: Whoa, I hit tab accidentaly, and then hit enter to go down a line, and it posted before I could finish. Sorry!