View Full Version : ebay chemicals in UK

HVD
May 21st, 2004, 07:59 AM
Last night i found that there are currently a number of sellers on ebay UK with auctions for lab grade chemicals at good prices.

These include :

* Potassium nitrate
* Sodium nitrite
* Sulphur
* Sodium benzonate
* Air float charcoal (ball milled for 24 hours apparently)
* Dextrin
* 75 foot (!) long rolls of Magnesium (for only £6 as well)
* Potassium Permanganate
* Aluminium powder
* Iron oxide

and a few others. For anyone having trouble with the purchase of any of these, i suggest you take a look ;-)

HVD

Al Nobel
May 21st, 2004, 11:57 AM
From my experience e-bay tends to delete this offers really quickly. If you want to buy this stuff you should contact the seller via e-mail before the auctions are deleted.

FinnBell
May 21st, 2004, 05:05 PM
Right now theres an auction for 1kg of pentaerythritol being sold for like 34 bucks or something like that. Pretty expensive considering I pay only like 60 bucks for 5kg from my guy, but a good alternative for most people who find pentaerythritol especially hard to find. Ebay is a really good place to find 35% H202 though, I found a gallon for dirt cheap. Trust me, a gallon goes a looooong way.

HVD
May 23rd, 2004, 03:38 PM
From my experience e-bay tends to delete this offers really quickly. If you want to buy this stuff you should contact the seller via e-mail before the auctions are deleted.

Well, thats why i was surprised to find them there, but I've just checked the ebay UK rules and they don't really mention anything about chemicals. Bear in mind that the KNO3 and S etc are all marketed as fertilizer, and just about all the other stuff has fairly legitimate uses as well. Perhpas the US site is more stringent? I havn't checked there.

HVD.

kryss
June 5th, 2004, 12:43 PM
I've been selling stuff on ebay for months now, havent had a problem with auctions being pulled - its not against the ebay rules as long as the chemicals arent poisons or explosives - the hard thing is getting them in the first place! I've even seen occasionally some people selling stuff I wouldnt even want to mess about with in a lab - like Red Phosphorus. Also bear in mind anything I have been selling has been bought legally - considering where I live (Northern Ireland) this is a bit surprising!

Yesterday I even found a bloke flogging certain "hemp" seeds that in the auction title denied any association with a well known stimulant - but was just using the item body to advertise all the types he was selling, from dutch extra strong etc = by email.

Anthony
September 11th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I know how difficult pentaerythritol is to find in the UK, so imagine my surprise when this came up on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7321&item=3839465818&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

250gm for £4.99 buy-it-now. Free p&p. 250gm would make a lot of caps... It's paypal only, so I think the seller is trying to hide their identity, probably scared of getting busted.

Rocket-Boy
September 26th, 2004, 11:10 PM
It's paypal only, so I think the seller is trying to hide their identity, probably scared of getting busted.

Possibly, but paypal is still trackable to the account when we are talking about law enforcement. paypal requires a bank account/credit card/checking account to do the deposit, so there is always a trail.

Maybe he only HAS a paypal acct? or maybe he wants to get your paper trail. :) its quite likely too, you pay, you wait, and nothing shows up other than some CIA or homeland security wanting to call you the next suicide bomber belonging to al qaeda or some other radical group planning to go into the whitehouse tour group and have some fun.

Jacks Complete
November 12th, 2004, 02:46 PM
PayPal and eBay are now run by the same owners. I've seen lots of reports of people being reported to the police for buying various things, without the police asking!

Be very careful. They know your address, bank details, etc. and are not afraid to use them.

Bugger
November 15th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Who was "reporting" these buyers to the pigs? (who, BTW, are pretty corrupt, wherever they happen to be).