View Full Version : what to do, what to do....

Testicleez
June 1st, 2004, 02:05 AM
yeah, so i raided my school the other day and managed to obtain a decent supply of chemicals as well as beakers, flasks, digital scales, hotplates,etc. the problem is, i dont know much about chemicals (i failed grade 11 chemistry twice). so i was wondering if i could get some help from you guys about what to do with them. it doesnt necessarely have to be used to make explosives, but thats definitely a good thing. any help is much appreciated. here is the list of chemicals:

500g potassium chlorate
250g calcium carbide
500g sodium carbonate
250g powdered magnesium
1.5kg potassium nitrate
250g charcoal
125g aluminum chloride
250g antimony powder
750g iron fillings
125g aluminum powder
100g barium nitrate
500g sodium nitrate
375g ammonium nitrate
250ml toluene
2kg mercury
250g solid magnesium

also, i have almost unlimited access to sulphuric acid as i live next door to an auto scrap yard.

megalomania
June 1st, 2004, 02:20 AM
Hmm, you wait almost a year and this is your first post... :(

Did I read correctly that you have acquired 2 KG of mercury? I will have to take such a hazardous thing off your hands, and I won't even charge you for shipping :D

I noticed a grammatical error in your post, you meant to say you obtained these chemicals from the dumpster at the end of the year cleanout.

Testicleez
June 1st, 2004, 09:13 AM
I noticed a grammatical error in your post, you meant to say you obtained these chemicals from the dumpster at the end of the year cleanout.
oh, i thought thats what i implied :P and sorry about taking so long to post, and sorry about making the first one a new thread. im just really not a forum kind of a guy. even if i did post, it would just be mindless babel. most of the stuff you guys say just goes way over my head. i dont see how i could help any of you...

nbk2000
June 1st, 2004, 01:18 PM
You could help all of us here by capitalizing the letter I when referring to yourself, and not using it as i in an inappropriate manner like you have been.

tmp
June 1st, 2004, 03:01 PM
Testicleez, 1st thing - use the search engine. This can help you in many
ways. 2nd - I wouldn't even consider opening those containers of chemicals
until I knew more about them. Use a google search to find the MSDS for
these chemicals online to learn about the hazards and incompatibilities of
what you have. 3rd - go on eBay or a 2nd hand book store and buy a book
on chemistry. Even if you failed 11th grade chemistry you can learn more
about it at your own pace instead without the pressure of the classroom.
Otherwise, you place your safety, and possibly your life, at great risk unless
gain some knowledge on this subject.

Testicleez
June 1st, 2004, 06:04 PM
You could help all of us here by capitalizing the letter I when referring to yourself, and not using it as i in an inappropriate manner like you have been.

ok, sure i understand people dont like n00b's asking stupid questions but complaing that i dont capitalize my i's, thats just pathetic.

and tmp, i did fail grade 11, but im not totally stupid. i have worked with most of these chemicals before, just not to make explosives. sure i could do a google search, but would i really trust my life to someone that goes by the name the jolly roger? i'm not asking for detailed descriptions on how to make the stuff, just what can i do with the stuff i have. is that so hard? ;)

Dave Angel
June 1st, 2004, 06:57 PM
It isn't really hard, as such, to tell you what you can do with all those chemicals, just time and effort consuming as you have quite a range there.

Even without writing out procedures it would take a while to check all of the possible uses and list them for you. Something which you can do in your own time with the on-site search engine.

If you can manage that, then it can't be so hard to hold down the shift key every once in a while. Can it? ;)

Hang-Man
June 1st, 2004, 09:16 PM
500g potassium chlorate: Search 'flash powder'
250g calcium carbide: This stuff makes Acetylene gas in water.
1.5kg potassium nitrate: Lots of uses, Search black powder or any propper pyro. It's a very common oxidizer.
500g sodium nitrate: Same as above
250g charcoal: You stole charcoal. Good job.
750g iron fillings: No comment
125g aluminum powder: Search flash or thermite.
100g barium nitrate: Oxidizer and green coloring agent in propper pyro.
375g ammonium nitrate: Search ANFO.
250ml toluene: Search TNT
2kg mercury: Why would a school have that? Mail it to mega.

I hope that helped. Actually I don't. I hope it was useless so you have to go type each one in the search box.

Rhadon
June 2nd, 2004, 05:50 AM
ok, sure i understand people dont like n00b's asking stupid questions but complaing that i dont capitalize my i's, thats just pathetic. Wrong! You're pathetic to come here and tell us how to behave! You could call it a privilege not to have been bannend on sight for your laziness anyway, and now you have the audacity... I'm wasting my time. Banned :).

nbk2000
June 3rd, 2004, 05:07 PM
Thanks Rhadon, I was about to ban him, until I saw your post. :)