View Full Version : The Chemistry of Powder and Explosives.

tom haggen
August 29th, 2004, 03:42 PM
I have recently acquired the book named in the title of this thread. It was written by Dr. Tenny L. Davis, and is one of the most brilliant pieces of information I've read on the subject. It's right up there with this site. I'm planning on scanning some ratios out of the pyrotechnics chapter, the whole chapter on aromatic nitro compounds, and the whole chapter on nitric esters. I guess I plan on scanning everything about high explosives. I was just wondering if anyone on this site would be interested in a PDF of this book, or if one is already floating around out there somewhere.

peterthesmart
August 29th, 2004, 05:04 PM
There is already a copy of it floating around. It is one of the many books in the EW Archive download.

tom haggen
September 2nd, 2004, 02:33 AM
I just got done scanning Aromatic Nitro Compounds, and all the chapters following that. About 330 pages worth. I probably could have found an electronic copy somewhere but what the hell... Now I'll appreciate my copy that much more.

kingspaz
September 2nd, 2004, 11:51 AM
Tom, there is already a full copy of COPAE on the ftp.

nbk2000
September 2nd, 2004, 06:05 PM
Heeheheheheee....

Dude...COPAE (as we call it) has been available here since '00.

But thanks for trying. ;)

tom haggen
September 2nd, 2004, 09:30 PM
It's a good book, honestly I don't have an account on the FTP, and all of my half ass attemps to get one have failed. Although I really don't have much to contribute besides a few little home videos, and software. I do have a scanned copy of the secrets of lock picking though. I really don't think you can learn how to pick locks from a book though. That comes from personal experience.

jelly
September 3rd, 2004, 08:17 AM
Steven Hampton's books "Secrets Of Lock Picking", "Advanced Lock Picking Secrets" and "Modern High-Security Locks - How To Open Them" are already on the FTP.
But if you could upload a copy of his latest book "Improvised Lock Picking - Secrets From The Master"?... :)

tom haggen
September 3rd, 2004, 02:41 PM
Seriously though, what does it take to get an account on the FTP around here? Filling out that application never worked for me......

Brante
September 3rd, 2004, 03:55 PM
I havn't been able to post on this forum since I joined months and months ago...this is just another attempt...meh, love the place though :)

(well, if posts haven't got through its probably because they were useless. All newbie posts get moderated. This is the watercooler though so I let it through - kingspaz)

kingspaz
September 3rd, 2004, 11:10 PM
Try asking in this thread.

http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?t=4134&page=2&pp=25

Please try to remember that an ftp account is a privelage not a right.

tom haggen
September 3rd, 2004, 11:41 PM
Yes I understand. I would be most greatfull to have access to the FTP. No worries, I think NBK and I are working something out.