View Full Version : "concentrated" peroxide

FUTI
August 30th, 2004, 02:10 PM
I want to ask you all, can urea-hydrogen-peroxide aduct (crystaline compund) be used in some way to make some explosive or better propelant combination with some fuel compound. :cool: It supposedly should be safe enogh for handling, but does it "kill" its posible effect as oxidator. :confused: Thanks to all of you guys. :D I did find a thread about it in a forum but only related to its synthesis little of this particular use I'm thinking...only those that I already know. Funny it seems that teeth-whitener contain this thing. If this makes no use well it was just an idea...I'mean it has higher density than H2O2 and maybe that can improve the effect :)

K9
August 30th, 2004, 02:25 PM
I can't see it's use as an oxidizer in a mixture with a fuel. But I assume the reason it's used in toothpaste is that upon decomposition, H2O2 is formed (as well as urea).

FUTI
August 31st, 2004, 06:46 AM
Yes but if you take a look at the density of the compound it is higher than 90% H2O2 and it makes about 36% H2O2 by composition at some around 25% higher density...maybe it can be used somehow? I do understand that it generates H2O2 on decomposition that I want to exploit (decomposition temperature that I want to expoit is approximatelly 80C) that compound could maybe be some kind of solid 45% H2O2 solution (highly hypotetical but...)

FUTI
October 22nd, 2004, 11:29 AM
I saw in one of the threads few weeks ago at this forum that in UK (or it was EU) some kind of a ban for a dental product with high peroxide content (whiteener etc.). Does this answer mine question? Is anyone researched this problem more thoroughly? I didn't so far it was just a moment of lucidity:)