View Full Version : Handbook of Preparative Inorganic Chemistry volume 1 and 2

megalomania
September 14th, 2004, 11:14 PM
The two volume set of the Handbook of Preparative Inorganic Chemistry is a handy reference on the laboratory synthesis of common inorganic compounds. Originally published in German, this is the official translation. This excellent reference work is still quite valuable even it was published in the latter 1960’s.

The long awaited missing volume 2 of the Handbook of Preparative Inorganic Chemistry is back again. The first volume has been included in this set for completeness. The first volume actually represents an early attempt at scanning with a digital camera over 1 year ago. As such it is over 90 MB of grayscale with no OCR. The second volume was done with a better camera, is bitonalized, completely OCR’d, and a svelte 18 MB. And it only took a few hours to scan, edit, and OCR vs. days for volume 1.

Get the torrent here: http://www.roguesci.org/torrent/handbook_of_preparative_inorg_chem_v1and2.torrent
Or get it at file soup...

meselfs
September 14th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Oh my gosh!!!

I've searched that book so much! Thanks to whoever scanned it :D!

warmage
September 15th, 2004, 08:51 AM
I do not have the slightest inkling of how the other members of the forum
feel about this opening up of the forum's resources.
But; I for one would like to convey my profoundest thanks.
Knowledge is the most valuable resource that the race of man has, and it
can be destroyed in an instant.
Our most recent experience at the hands of the jackboots is ample proof of
that; the farther and faster we can spread all knowledge the better off all
mankind will be.

I am downloading even as we speak and i for one will do everything in my
power to see that this small flame intrusted to me is not snuffed out.

PIB
September 15th, 2004, 09:57 AM
you are my new god :D:D:D:

chochu3
September 26th, 2004, 01:50 AM
The torrent file of the book above gives a bad data from tracker.

meselfs
September 28th, 2004, 11:46 PM
I get the same problem...

passhahkhan
September 29th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Even I got the same error.
Maybe the tracker is dead.

Do the Gods (Mega and NBK) know about this problem?

meselfs
September 29th, 2004, 05:45 PM
I'm about to sacrifice a young, clean k3wl. I hope Mega & NBK will accept it and fix this download...

Marvin
September 30th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Same problem for 3 or 4 days.

It seems to be a bug in the tracker rather than a specific bug in the download, had the same problem with the fedoroff torrent, but it went away quickly. It might just be related to so few people taking part.

Do the sacrifice right or a clueless voice will haunt the torrent for eternity.

passhahkhan
September 30th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Please keep the downloads open even after you've completed your download.
As the torrent is only available the forum there are very few peers to download from.

Maybe we should upload a torrent to Suprnova at http://www.suprnova.org/ to increase the speeds ONLY if the Gods allow ofcourse.

megalomania
September 30th, 2004, 11:18 PM
I don't know what's wrong with the stupid thing :( The other torrents work fine, but the Handbook torrent seems to be stuck. The torent server doesn't come with any documentation so I don't know what's up. In my experience with torrents the problems usually go away after time...

EDIT: And there it goes, mine is working fine now. It just needed some time. Silly torrents.

megalomania
April 24th, 2006, 07:19 AM
There is an updated scan of this book now available at:
http://rapidshare.de/files/1284242/brauer_ocr.zip.html

The Handbook of Preparative Inorganic Chemistry, which was originally published in German, lists methods for synthesizing inorganic compounds. The multi-volumed handbook provides both a formula index and a name index to the synthesis of these compounds. For example the synthesis of S2N2, a cyclic four-membered ring system, which is explosively unstable above 30 C, is indexed under both it formula and it name, disulfur dinitride. A discussion of preparative methods and techniques is given at the beginning of the 1st volume.

Both volumes 1 and 2 are zipped up in one handy pdf file.

hereno
April 24th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Is that the one in sciencemadness library? For those that can't access rapidshare theres a near perfect scan there along with other inorganic & organic prep books.

http://www.sciencemadness.org/library/index.html