View Full Version : wanted: dongle crack for spartan 04

megalomania
September 23rd, 2004, 02:28 AM
I was talking to a chemist yesterday who was using Wavefunction Spartan and I mentioned I had the software. He said I probably can't use it because there is a hardware dongle that you plug into your computer (like a little USB plug) that contains license info.

Has anyone installed the Spartan 04 prog available on the FTP? And if so does it already have the dongle crack? Would anyone happen to have a dongle crack for this prog, the 2004 version of course?

FUTI
September 23rd, 2004, 03:06 AM
I have seen such idiotic programs... on our department we have UV/VIS spectrophotometer with that dongle ( dung ) thing. You can imagine how funny it is being forced to not only make measurements but also correct and refine your spectra only at that single computer with crowd jumping angrily behind you. I was forced to export the spectra as .txt and import it in Origin, Sigma-plot or Excel. I will ask around if someone find a solution for this. I tried to instal program on other computer and it work for some time and then it crash so you must start program once again, and again...

Hang-Man
September 23rd, 2004, 03:16 AM
I have the spartan copy off the ftp and it works fine. I don't remember installing any cracks.