View Full Version : question on rating members

September 29th, 2004, 08:39 PM
When I post a topic, what is the little green dot below the block:

"Join Date: Sep 2003
"

and what makes it change and what is the rating or ranking of this feature?

meselfs
September 29th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Above join date are three buttons, one of them is http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/images/buttons/reputation.gif. Click on it... I think you'll figure the rest out.

Edit: Why doens't the image tag stuff work?

Hang-Man
September 30th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Image tag only works with jpgs i think.

Anthony
September 30th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I believe you are supposed to be able to view the ratings and comments left for yourself by other members. Fucked if I can find it though...

nbk2000
October 5th, 2004, 09:09 PM
When you're viewing a thread, click on your own name, choose "View Public Profile", then "User Control Panel" (upper left corner), and your ratings/comments will be right there, along with the name of the dung heaps who bad mouth you. >)

Anthony
October 6th, 2004, 02:50 PM
You would have thought there'd have been something about that on the VB website. Or anywhere else indexed by google for that matter...

Unfortunately, still no closer to feeding my ego :(

I apparently have 21 points, but only three reputations. There is only a link to the relevent thread, a small, green or grey sqaure next to it, and a date. No usernames, and the "comment" box is empty.

Perhaps one has to be an almighty admin to view the gritty (and interesting) details?

nbk2000
October 6th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Maybe so.

But there's only comments if they bother with typing one up. I've 5 ratings, but only 1 comment.

PS: I'm +28 points. :p

zeocrash
October 7th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Hmm well I have a tasty 9 rep points :)
thanks to whoever gave me that, no comments.
I wouldn't worry about the reputation system, I haven't noticed many people taking much notice of it, unlike places like overgrow where it plays a much more important role
On another note, Anthony, how did you suddenly get 93 rep points.

nbk2000
October 8th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Lots of sympathy votes. ;)

No, actually, votes for staff go by multipliers, with admins having 10x, mods 3x.

Negative votes count as half.

Since most of my 'reputation' votes have been in the negative catagory (surprise! :rolleyes: :p), that means each negative vote is 5x against me.

It's weird, and I don't care, as a persons 'reputation' has nothing to do with how many morons can click on a button.