View Full Version : Bike Thieves

tom haggen
October 14th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Fucking thieves stole my BMX last night that I had since I was 10. I guess I was stupid for trusting some crappy lock not to get clipped by some bolt cutters. I wish I had a nice decoy bike filled with C4 all along the tubing in the frame, hooked up to a remote detonater. When I would wake up in the morning and it was gone. I could hit the self destruct button and hopefully take out some low lifes with some bike shrapnel. :D

azzogat
October 15th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Or you could of kept it your house/garage. ;)

Boomer
October 18th, 2004, 12:41 PM
I was thinking the same two days ago.

But my version was to fill only the pipe under the seat, and use a propellant instead of a HE. You will see the thieve fly by your 5th story window ... :p
plus the bike can be used again!

TheHitMan
October 18th, 2004, 02:28 PM
If you don't secure your shit then I say the theif deserves the bike. If you were foolish enough to leave it for someone petty enough to take it, then shame on you!

nbk2000
October 18th, 2004, 02:36 PM
That's the way I see it.

If it's worth worrying about, lock it up secure enough that'd it'd have to be destroyed to steal it.

Otherwise, don't worry about it and don't lock it up.

I've had some stuff 'stolen' lately, and I'm not concerned about it because it was all ashes in my mind anyways, so what if it was taken? They were just taking away my garbage for me. :p

tom haggen
October 20th, 2004, 07:15 PM
I still wish I had a self destruct button for my stolen bike. Though I must say I do like your ejection seat idea boomer.

SweNMFan
October 20th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Was thinking of a smoke grenade that looked like a water bottle.. and maybe a siren of some kind. Just picture a giant bright red smoke cloud.. :)

Saw a show on Discovery (think it was Beyond2000) about a guy that cycled around in the States, he had a computer,gps and a mobile phone hooked up so if his bike got stolen it called the cops and told them where it was.. :)