View Full Version : The skunkworks

zeocrash
October 15th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Ok, I've noticed a new board on this forum, the skunkworks. Now i went to try and post and i can't get access to the forum. Anyway i was wondering what goes on in there, who has access and how I get access.
If there's no chance in hell that i'll get access then tell me, but i'm very curious about this.

nbk2000
October 15th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Those who need to know will know what it is.

Those who don't need to know, won't.

:)

festergrump
October 23rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
WOW! Great things transpire here in my short internet absence, it seems (I hope!). :D

Skunk works is a term used in aerospace engineering and other engineering and technical applications for secret projects. <snip>

Skunkworks is the name of a heavy metal music album by Bruce Dickinson. <addition of neat factoid>
This can be great news. I hope I am not wrong to be anticipating an unveiling in the not too distant future.
Curiosity killed the cat... I intend to live forever!

Heil Iron Maiden! Heil Roguesci!

nbk2000
October 23rd, 2004, 02:19 PM
It's by invite only.

You're not invited.

Bugger
October 24th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Lockheed Corp, the military plane makers, have a highly secret "Skunk Works", with several below-ground levels, near (I think) Tehachapi, California. It is alleged that they produce top-secret anti-gravity craft there, the propulsion method of which was discovered by the back-engineering of alien UFOs at Area 51, Nevada.

festergrump
October 24th, 2004, 02:32 AM
NBK,

I wasn't even knocking on the door. I certainly take no offense to the non-invitation. Though I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't somewhat curious, I respect the right to privacy of individuals.

Bugger,

Lockheed-Martin has a major facility not entirely far enough away from me for me to not harbour the thought of invading their privacy, on the other hand (though I am intelligent enough to deem this ludicrous). Many folks I come in contact with work or have worked for this place. Sworn to secrecy and defend their "goings on" there as much as they value their own life, though they are civilians. I see a most positive fear of the government in them. It is said the Lockheed facility is a virtual underground city and capable of supporting life post nuclear event with a direct hit. I do not doubt the antigrav capabilities you speak of from them, nor do I doubt the chosen few who are savvy to the "skunk works" have a delectable goal in mind. :)

Me? I was only glad to be back and happy to see a thinktank in motion.

knowledgehungry
October 30th, 2004, 12:15 AM
I'm curious too, who isn't? But I'm sure if something useful comes out of the skunkworks it will be made available to everyone right? I say let those who have the time, knowledge and experience nescessary work on whatever they work on in peace and wait for the breakthrough of the century :D.

MightyQuinnŽ
April 28th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Add me to the list of curious yet not put out by a non-invitation.

Let the 'black' projects begin post haste.

Just remember folks...it took years to take a black project from conception to actually informing the general public if that day ever came. Better pack a lunch for this wait.

MightyQuinnŽ

Just remember folks...it took years to take a black project from conception to actually informing the general public if that day ever came. Better pack a lunch for this wait.

MightyQuinnŽ

MrSamosa
May 1st, 2005, 10:46 PM
I see the potential for some good conspiracy theories here. Why not leak certain non-specific information so we can get some juicy ideas going? :)

MrSamosa
I see the potential for some good conspiracy theories here. Why not leak certain non-specific information so we can get some juicy ideas going? :)

MrSamosa

Jacks Complete
May 2nd, 2005, 11:47 AM
No, that would be silly.

Leaking even the slightest part of what goes on in the invite-only section would almost certainly be detrimental to the goals of such a section.

In fact, were it me, I would have placed the section elsewhere, to prevent idle speculation. I would probably also kill this thread.

Sorry chaps!

Jacks Complete
No, that would be silly.

Leaking even the slightest part of what goes on in the invite-only section would almost certainly be detrimental to the goals of such a section.

In fact, were it me, I would have placed the section elsewhere, to prevent idle speculation. I would probably also kill this thread.

Sorry chaps!

Jacks Complete
No, that would be silly.

Sorry chaps!