View Full Version : flash

ironworker
December 28th, 2002, 10:20 PM
back around 1978..I made up a few tube salutes using..clorate/sulpher/400 meshAL..for the 4th of july. These were 1" od tubes about 3" long or so..heavy walled..sometime the following late summer..almosyt a year later..I was moving stuff around in the basement..and lo and behold..I found a complete tube salute..all squishy..from the damp basement..behind my work bench..my first thought was..put it in a bucket of water..but I thought better of it..let it dry and shot it off..went off like a normal salute..even though this clorate /sulpher/al salute didnt go off..let this be a lession to us..check youre work station!!
..why didnt it go off for a year in the damp atmosphere off my moldy basement in michigan?..I have no clue..but i think alot of the info on these two ingredients..clorates and sulpher..has been demonized as to sensitivity..and I've come to the conclusion..the shit will spontaneously explode..when it damn well pleases...not before..no matter what you do to it....I've taken a hammer to these flash compounds on cement..and gotten nothing on several occasions..but on others..hammer to anvil on a few grains..got a nice thump..thought you guys would get a kick out of this

zaibatsu
December 28th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Whatever...