View Full Version : "Modex Hybrid"???

Doug
November 2nd, 2004, 04:01 AM
I've just finished reading a fictional work called "Demolition Angel" by Robert Crais. It describes a guy who makes devices from an explosive called "Modex Hybrid", which is apparently made from TNT, RDX, ammonium picrate, powdered aluminium, wax and calcium chloride and is used as a bursting charge in air-to-air missiles.

The whole books hinges on the claim that RDX is "too complicated to produce without industrial refining equipment."

I can't find any reference to Modex Hybrid anywhere, and I was under the impression that you could produce decent quality RDX with nothing more technical than an ice bath and a stirring thermometer?

It's a shame, because until the last few chapters (when it starts to get a bit silly), it's not a bad book (even if it does portray everyone who enjoys creating explosions as being sad lonely fuckers who can't get laid...) :D

Has anyone ever heard of this explosive at all outside of this book?

nbk2000
November 3rd, 2004, 07:02 PM
Asking the question:

"Hey dudz! Threres tyhes reely 3||+ bomz stuf in a buk Im redinng! Iz it reel and c@n i mkae it?!?!"

regardless of how nicely phrased or grammatically correct, is asking for a Hot Electron beam of Death through your HED.

Any fuckhead can mix together the names of explosives and their components, calling it whatever they want, and WE'RE the ones stuck with people asking the stupid questions. :rolleyes:

End topic and learn the lesson.