View Full Version : The Problem with FTP's

10fingers
November 21st, 2004, 05:39 PM
Frequently when I go to an FTP I either can not gain access or when I try to download a file it doesn't work. The roguesci fpt quite often says "page cannot be displayed". Does anyone else have this problem?
Also, on this site and a few others, when I try to print out a page about an inch on the right side gets clipped off of the printout. What's up with this?

evilgecko
November 21st, 2004, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I get a similar problem when trying to access the ftp, the computer appears to lock up for about a minute and then it says page cannot be displayed. About the truncation of the page, thats because the website is wider than your usual A4 piece of paper. Fix it by copying the words to MS Word and then printing from there. (it should outmatically wordwrap. Also check that your printer settings are set to A4 and not letter or something like that

Joeychemist
November 21st, 2004, 08:26 PM
10fingers I also have had this problem with the files in the FTP but I have always logged in as a guest and copy and pasted the paper, file, or book into my documents and saved it. It works every time I try. The last thing I got off the FTP was Clockwork orange in PDF form and all I did was copy and paste and all I can say is I had no problems, except for trying to get onto the FTP itself. :(

About you're printing problems I think it's just the formating of the site.On my screen I have about an inch on the right side where I can't see the rest of a word or sentence unless I scroll over.Maybe you have to set you're printer to adust to the screen and formate size of each site?

festergrump
November 21st, 2004, 09:55 PM
10 Fingers,

This forum is best viewed at 1024 X 768, that way you don't have to scroll back and forth to see a post in it's entirety. Also, try using the "thread tools" tab at the top of the thread and choose "show printable version"...(that is if you haven't already). This works well for my printer.

Can't help you at all with the FTP. I never can get on anymore, even as anonymous. :(

megalomania
November 23rd, 2004, 06:45 PM
It is still down people... It's coming back soon though :)