View Full Version : Thing that you can make with "Acetone Peroxide" - Archive file

megalomania
February 28th, 2003, 01:50 PM
DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted September 28, 2000 11:27 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello i wanna now if there are some other thing`s beside AP putty that you can make with AP????(AP Plastique? ore some thing else)Because i don`t have Smokeless Powder here,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!<<<>>DarkAngel<<<>>!!

Anthony
posted September 28, 2000 01:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried making AP plastique using wax and petroluem jelly, the big problem was it required confinement to detonate, not much goof if you want to mold it around something.

Jhonbus
Frequent Poster
posted September 28, 2000 02:39 PM
many of us don't have access to smokeless powder... and PingPong balls can be used (less nitrated form of nitrocellulose) and styrofoam can even be used if ping pong balls cant be found, but that is not as good as either form of nitrocellulose. Basically if you want to mix AP with stuff to play, thats generally ok as long as you do it with SMALL amounts and you test things thoroughly for sensitivity, spontaneous detonation etc.etc.
------------------
I think moshing is a sign of what christians would call "the apocalypse"
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/jhon_bus/" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/jhon_bus/</a>

Azazel
Frequent Poster
posted October 27, 2000 06:20 AM
has anyone made the shit before with petrol... is it just like adding it to napalm made from styro and fuel ?
is there anything to be cautios about when using this method?????

how much AP do u use? Ratios ?

skipper
A new voice
posted November 02, 2000 02:16 PM
Hi,
I had very good experiences with AP ( plasticized ) with usin' Vaseline.
The values are between 30 - 35% Vaseline and rest AP.
But i think you also can use Paraffin to make it like plasteline

Hope i could help you

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted November 03, 2000 06:11 AM
Tell me how did you have detonate it?,,,And was it really more powerfull than just Ap??

DarkAngel

[This message has been edited by DarkAngel (edited November 03, 2000).]

BobsRAC
A new voice
posted November 04, 2000 06:41 AM
Is there any real advantage to the plasticized AP, sucha s power increase, or is it just mouldability? Does it become more stable?

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted November 04, 2000 11:12 AM
I think that if you putt some vaseline to it that it`s more stable but i dunno if it`s more powerfull,,skipper please reply?
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,<<<>>Dark Angel<<<>>

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted November 04, 2000 11:37 AM
Just stick to smokeless powder + acetone for the AP it will give it more brissance and you can make some cool shapes with it by placing it in the bottom of a plastic cup and letting it harden or mould it onto the bottom of one of those compressed cans of butane stick a fuse into it and let it harden put a burning petrol rag near it this should produce a nice fireball

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted November 05, 2000 06:45 AM
If you look at the top of this post / \
|
|
You can see that i have no acces to smokeless powder so i wanna now if there other thing`s that you can Mix/Do with Acetone Peroxide
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Dark Angel

m3nth
A new voice
posted November 05, 2000 12:39 PM
mixing ap with anything that makes it more stable such as the items mentioned above will not make it more powerful (think percent purity of the substance). decrease in volatility = decrease in power for the most part. now if you're mixing it with rdx or tnt... that's another story (why you would do that is beyond me)--but vaseline... expect it to be less powerful and harder to detonate.

Bander
A new voice
posted November 05, 2000 01:39 PM
Azazel, I have used a mix of gas and styrofoam once when I had run out of ping pong balls. I wouldn't reccomend it though.
I forget the exact ratio I used, but it was about 60% AP and 40% "napalm". Carefully knead the AP into this goo, after a while it should have a starchy texture. One this drys out it is not sensitive to heat. Tough it is moderatly sensitive to shock. The power was about 70% normal AP, and left a nice little crater in my driveway from a nickel size piece being detonated unconfined. It's not a very useful mix because of it's low sensitvity, but it's fun to 'play' with if you ever out of nitrocellulose.

[This message has been edited by Bander (edited November 05, 2000).]

Anthony
posted November 05, 2000 05:54 PM
Mixing it with double base smokeless powder should certainly increase the powder due to the nitro in the smokeless! But I believe that even mixing it with ping pong balls will raise the DV/brisance as it raises the density of the explosive, its probably a compromise between using enough to raise the density and not using so much that you "dilute" the AP too much.

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted November 07, 2000 04:32 PM
Thats what I was getting at unfortunately DarkAngel is unable to get any double base SP
I might just order some through the mail using a credit card (good or bad idea?)
as for ping pong balls, it is too expensive compared to SP but if you are only going to be making a little bit of AP putty it is a good idea as there is no age restriction on ping pong balls

Anthony
posted November 07, 2000 06:06 PM
If you mean order it from the US, (and you're not in the US)I would say BAD idea, first off the company selling it will refuse to send it over seas, if it is a controlled substance you could get into trouble with your customs, also sending hazardous material by air is a serious offence.
You could just buy a bunch of blank rounds and empty them, still cheaper than ping pong balls.

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted November 08, 2000 02:38 PM
Hey!!,,,,,,,,,How much does Smokeless Powder costs and how much is that?,,,I can`t get it here but i just wanna now it
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,<<<<<>>>DarkAngel<<<<<>>>

Ho ju
Frequent Poster
posted November 08, 2000 08:07 PM
a pound should be about 20 bucks american. remeber to get the fast burn rate stuff. it makes a big diffrence, the grain size that is.
------------------
-Knowledge is power, power leads to corruption, corruption is a crime, crime doesn't pay... So if you know to much, you will go broke!!!!

sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted November 13, 2000 02:47 AM
maybe an idea? If you look at makeshift arsenal they say about annm plastique, the normal annm is a rock hard putty thing (i think) So if you used the same process with the ap to make the annm plastique you could get a plastic ap explosive. Only a guess though.

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted January 28, 2001 01:23 PM
Thanks to Jumala if got a little bit of Smokeless Powder,,Now i wan`t to make some AP Putty but when i whas reading the Makeshift Arsenal i didn`t saw how much Ap you must ad to SP.
Can someone help me?
------------------
--==DarkAngel==--

Go to Section1 <a href="http://www.section1.f2s.com" target="_blank">http://www.section1.f2s.com</a> Alot off Bombs/Explosives and Homemade Weapons!!,,,Plus a <<>!!!

[This message has been edited by DarkAngel (edited January 29, 2001).]

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted January 29, 2001 12:02 PM
Hello??

NightStalker
Frequent Poster
posted January 29, 2001 12:35 PM
Smokeless powder is not to hard to obtain.
if you live in a country where you can't buy it you have the choice to buy blank cartridges which are filled with Double Based Powder. They are a bitexpensive, but if you need it, they are available even in fucking germany.
------------------
Death stalks silently....

DarkAngel
Frequent Poster
posted January 29, 2001 02:07 PM
NightStalker are you from Germany?
Im from Holland.
People i need to now the proportion`s for Ap Putty

------------------
--==DarkAngel==--

Go to Section1 <a href="http://www.section1.f2s.com" target="_blank">http://www.section1.f2s.com</a> Alot off Bombs/Explosives and Homemade Weapons!!,,,Plus a <<Forum>>!!!

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted January 30, 2001 05:31 PM
there are no set proportions to AP putty, I usually use 1 tablespoon of Acetone to 1 tablespoon of double base smokeless powder
(in a ceramic bowl)
I mix that with a bamboo skewer for a couple minutes until the SP is completely dissolved.
I then add 2 tablespoons of Acetone Peroxide
(I think you can use more AP, but im not sure) and dissolve that into the slurry.
It usually takes about 2-3 hours to dry
and it looks shiny and sparkly (because of the AP crystals).
Can anyone tell me why it is partially colored green around the edges
10 brownie points for the person who gets it first
I think its because of these things called taggants that are in the SP (not sure though)

[This message has been edited by SafetyLast (edited January 30, 2001).]

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted January 31, 2001 04:56 AM
Just mix in as mutch AP as possible.
the more AP the more Power.

Bubba
Frequent Poster
posted January 31, 2001 10:44 AM
I think the green might be due to them adding a substance which reduces muzzle flash. All militarys use it and I think several of the regular powder makers incorporate it into their mixs. It shouldn't affect anything, just looks wierd.

no_name_available
A new voice
posted January 31, 2001 04:18 PM
i just want to remind that plasticized RDX as c1 c2 c3 or c4 has a lower power and explosion velocity

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted January 31, 2001 05:11 PM
Yeah, but it's advantages outweigh the disadvantages, because you can mould it around stuff and pack it into crevices, etc. It would be easier to handle and use.
------------------
"I'm not a slave, to a world, that doesn't give a shit!" -Marilyn Manson

Igenx
Frequent Poster
posted January 31, 2001 07:45 PM
Quote:
Bander
One this drys out it is not sensitive to heat. Tough it is moderatly sensitive to shock. The power was about 70% normal AP, and left a nice little crater in my driveway from a nickel size piece being detonated unconfined. It's not a very useful mix because of it's low sensitvity, but it's fun to 'play' with if you ever out of nitrocellulose.
Ok, this sounds intresting to me... How much is the stability increase? How heavy of a blow is required for detonation, and can it be detonated using a flame (assuming it's hot enough, I was thinking a charge of flash powder or something similar...)
Seems to me that this would be the perfect blasting cap if it were molded correctly. Even though it would have to be larger due to the decrease in power, it would be worth it to me for the increase in stability and what seems would increase shelf life.

Anthony
posted February 01, 2001 11:17 AM
No, RDX has about twice the DV of AP.

no_name_available
A new voice
posted February 01, 2001 04:14 PM
i just wanted to say that mostly all plasticized explosives got a lower DV than not plasticized explosives.
i think blackadder got it.

Anthony
posted February 01, 2001 05:39 PM
Ah, you were meaning that the plasticizer acts as an impurity, lower the DV of the explosive.

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted February 01, 2001 09:39 PM
i would think it would raise the power of the explosive because it would add to the confinment.
------------------
...Æ

ALENGOSVIG1
posted February 01, 2001 09:45 PM
NOt if the plasticizer is explosive
------------------
Explosives Archive

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted February 02, 2001 07:31 AM
Right! Active binders and unactive binders are different on the effect.
An active binder is an explosive by itself like nitrocellulose, polynitrovinyle, polytrinitrobenzene, ....
Most of those have higher VOD than AP...and thus can give a better effect than AP alone.
Oxygen balance also plays a role; if you have an oxygenrich explosive like tetranitromethane ; then it would be no problem incorporating an inactive binder; you'll get a much better performance and VOD than TNM alone....
There is thus no simple answer and generalisation is useless in this very field!
------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o )"

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted February 03, 2001 05:59 AM
Why is it that PBX's always seem to be a solid explosive and a liquid binder? Why cant you have something like methyl nitrate, and mix in something like cornflour to make a paste, for example?
Also, you might be interested to know that HMTD/NC/AN makes a good explosive putty with acetone, or a PBX with nitromethane. It sets like AP putty if acetone is used, but is more stable and you can make a zero oxygen balance by adjusting the amount of AN. The AN provides extra oxygen and a lot of gas on detonation, the HMTD raises det. vel. and sensitises it, and the NC raises det. vel., binds it and raises the density. A very good explosive, but I recomend using a bit of HMTD/NC putty to set it off as it isn't very sensitive to flame. It does detonate from flame, but not reliably.

kingspaz
Frequent Poster
posted February 03, 2001 05:03 PM
i tried mixing hmtd with some blackpowder, dextrin and water. it set rock hard and when i set it off it went far fatser than black powder....i'll have to test some properly sometime.

Donutty
Frequent Poster
posted February 05, 2001 04:59 PM
Mixing HMTD with BP is not the same as AP / HMTD with NC / Smokeless (Double base with NG). The NC and NG in the Double base really adds to the gas volume, but I would think HMTD with BP to be a bit of a waste of time