View Full Version : Anyone here detonatate PGDN?

radar
October 16th, 2001, 04:06 PM
I found this on a piece of paper as I was walking down the street, it goes as follows:

I tried to detonate 50 grams of dynamite made with PGDN, the dynamite was mixed in the same proportions as I do with EGDN however it seemed to detonate very little or not at all. I had it confined underneath a rock and used 1 gram of picric acid for the detonater charge with HG fulm on the top. Around the hole i found a few pieces of undetonated material. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has succesfully dreamed aboout using PGDN as an explosive.

{sorry about spelling on subject}

[This message has been edited by radar (edited October 16, 2001).]

cutefix
October 18th, 2001, 03:42 AM
Did you mean propyleneglycol dinitrate,This material is rarely used as an explosive,but used as liquid propellant in naval torpedoes (Otto Fuel).I think this material is less sensitive than nitroglycerin.If you dreamed of making this material right and purified it properly,then that explosive train you use will be enough to set it off completely.But if you got it from torpedo fuel storage etc, it contains desensitizers and stabilizers that make it difficult to detonate,especially in small quantities….

I think Mega has a file about PGDN in ;
http://surf.to/megalomania
Please check it out…

radar
October 18th, 2001, 04:54 AM
No I dreamt of making it and purifiying it properly. Maybe it was just some kind of fluke and it didnt detonate that time. Anyway, ill have more dreams about detonating it soon enough.