View Full Version : F’d up movies

megalomania
December 10th, 2004, 04:39 AM
I am getting a little weary of the tripe Hollywood has been peddling lately, so I have been searching for some movies that really broke the mold. I am talking about weird stuff indie films with plots instead of explosions and actors actually acting. Actually finding these is tough since I don’t exactly know where to start, so I will ask you my dear friends to comment on your favorite f’d up film.

Let me throw out a few I have chosen to download. I started my f’d up film fest with Reservoir Dogs. This is actually one of my favorite films. Once I saw Pulp Fiction I just had to find out what this Quentin Tarantino guy made. All of his films pretty much don’t fit in with the main stream. I even have the poster of the scene where Harvey Keitel is leveling his two 45s at the cops (right before he blows them away). This is the ONLY poster I have kept since my young adult days (OK I have an atomic blast one too, but that is more recent).

Emilie or Emily, I don’t know how to spell it. The French sure know how to make f’d up movies. This one would be a cult classic if it was in English. Mmm, I wish I could meet a girl like that, she’s what I refer to as a “fucked up monkey.” You can make a movie like that for $100 because it has a plot (as far as French movies go) and no explosions. I have heard comparisons between the movie and Jaye Tyler of the short lived TV series Wonderfalls. That was a great show, but since it was funny, original, and quirky they cancelled it. We can’t let quality shows like Wife Swap and Big Fat Obnoxious Boss go to waste now can we? Incidentally, I am in love with the character Jaye, not Caroline Dhavernas who plays Jaye, but Jaye herself. I want a woman just like that because she hates everything. She is the quintessential gen-x’r, overeducated and unemployable, lowered self esteem… I am a predator for such women.

Mallrats and Clerks. These were recommended to me by a chemistry professor (think less glasses and labcoat, and more long hair and 80’s band T-shirts, spooky I know). I have heard of these, but I have never seen them. Classic slacker films I gather.

Lolita. Kubrick is just awesome and so are most of his films. In fact they all kind of fit in the theme of f’d up movies. 2001, Full Metal Jacket, right down to Eyes Wide Shut (was that weird? I was too busy drooling over an oft naked Nichole Kidman). Lolita is the movie that if made today could not be made. Why is it people get so hot and bothered over pedo themes? That is actually not pedophilic, there is another phile word for attraction to postpubesant adolesants. Older men have sex with younger girls all the time, but don’t you dare talk about it! She may have been 14 (at the start of the movie), but she neither looked nor acted like 14. Did they really have sex (she would have been about 16 or 17 then)? Maybe the book explains it better, but the movie sure leaves it doubts. And that Quilty sure is a sick fuck, but he was an artist so that’s OK. I have not seen the 1997 version, but I did download it recently.

Speaking of pedo movies what is with Pretty Baby? Why was it legal to show a naked 12 year old prostitute in the 70’s? Do that today and its jail for everybody. Even mention such a thing in a movie and it will get canned. Same with the Blue Lagoon and Endless Love. Boy that Brooke Shields was quite the little lolita prick teaser in her day. Of course those movies are only controversial in the US. The age of consent in Europe is much lower, so a nude 16 year old is hardly the end of the world.

Drug themed movies. I heard all about so I had to watch it, Trainspotting of course. Wow is all I can say. The Scots can make movies after all. The guy who directed that has another screwy movie, but I don’t know what it is. Anybody? Requiem for a Dream. I actually downloaded this movie because I heard the soundtrack. I figured any movie with a soundtrack this f’d up has to be f’d up itself. As a bonus Jennifer Connelly shows some bush. I never realized she is my age, she does not look it. I remember her from Labyrinth… Requiem is rather depressing. Life was good but they fucked it up. See what drugs does? She went from designing her own cloths to fucking a nigger for weed to riding a double sided dildo at a sex party for a fix. A damn shame.

American Psycho. Is it me or is this movie funny? I am something of a sociopath though… I hear there is a sequel starring a woman? I never imagined someone could get pissed over a business card. How many VP’s does a company need anyway?

I would be remiss if I did not mention Fight Club. Need I say more on this? Watch it now. Same with Clockwork Orange. We were all shagged and fagged having had a night of no small exertion… Classic. Viddy this my brothers.

Others of note include Prozac Nation (watched it for the naked Christina Ricci); American Beauty (naked Thora Birch, and she was only 17 then); Pi (thanks for that one NBK); Gummo (holy shit this is a f’d up movie even for f’d up movies); Pumpkin; Silence of the Lambs; Hannibal; and Seven (or is that Se7en).

Other f’d up movies of note. I can’t guarantee these movies make the cut because I have not actually seen them, but I have reason to believe they do. I have also recently downloaded, or am nearly finished downloading these: Apocalypse Now; Romance X; Shallow Grave; Spun; Ghost World; Baise-Moi; and Momento.

So, what do the rest of you say I should watch? What are your favorite picks for f’d up movies? I am sure I left out many I have seen, but it’s the ones I have never heard of that I want to watch.

aikon
December 10th, 2004, 05:58 AM
To make a long story short (I could write pages about the movie) :
"Taxi Driver" with Robert De Niro

tom haggen
December 10th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Glad to be the first to reply so I can be the first to say some movies that would otherwise be posted by another member. I've seen reservoir dogs more times than I can count but i'm just going to start listing.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Magnolia, Blow, Scar Face, I'm a huge fan of Predator 1, as I think this movie was quite a break through. It put an awesome spin on the good guy bad guy type movie. Terminator II was also ground breaking in its day. I hold a special place in my heart for "The Big Labowski." um... I saw this recent movie called buffalo soldiers, it was about a heroin lab on a military base in germany. Somewhat mediocre but it grew on me. "Kids" is a twisted movie. SLC Punks is a good one. I just got done watching animal house earlier always good. Definitely see Fear and loathing in las vegas if you haven't already. But lets see if I can list some more. I swear my mind goes blank on this type of shit. Matrix 1 of course was very break through. You probably want some older ones... Ya definitely see Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I will post some more when I remember. "Office Space", I used to think this was an over rated cult classic, but it started growing on me after a while. All average movie buffs instantly love that movie, I'm just really picky. But I will give you a top 5 list to see for now

1.) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

2.) The Usual suspects

3) Office Space

4) Magnolia (not a personal favorite but none the less a classic)

5) Blow

6) The Saint (Kinda cheesy sound track but I like this one)

7) Predator 1

8) Terminator 2 (highest budget in its Time, Lots of mercury used for special effects in this movie, you should like that mega :D )

9) Traffic
Didn't list Reservoir Dogs because we all know that movie kicks ass.

Zerstoren Sie
December 10th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Donnie Darko

May

The City of Lost Children

Unspeakable ( There's two movies with this title, get the older one, it's pretty messed up)

El Topo (Very hard to find though)

festergrump
December 10th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Hey, a really great one that I don't think many folks have even heard of let alone seen is "Zardoz". Sean Connery in his prime. It's really messed up but it's a great watch. Another Connery film I just saw recently was pretty amusing: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

You mentioned my favorite already, Mega (A Clockwork Orange), so I'll toss out another Stanley Kubrick at you: "Eyes Wide Shut". [edit: I was running late for work and sped-read right over your original mention of this movie, Mega. Sorry! Kubrick ROCKS! I'll also ad to this list while I am editting: "Four Rooms" by Quentin T. I love this man's humour! Also "the Fifth Element" if you haven't yet had the privelage. Milla is delectable! :D ]

Has anyone seen "Suicide Kings"? Christopher Walken is fricken great! "Boondock Saints" is simply a must watch, too.

metafractal
December 10th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Eraserhead, made by David Lynch in 1977. The most subtle, psychological and chilling movie I think I've seen.

openfacesurgery
December 10th, 2004, 01:22 PM
The other day I watched this movie called Duck! The Carbine High Massacre and it's pretty fucked up. Put it this way, bad acting, very low budget but a great premise and a satirical look at the media portrayal of Columbine. If you don't mind all the shitty acting and film quality you'll probably enjoy it. Also, it shows how you can order surface to air missiles from China as long as you have a stolen credit card :rolleyes: . Yup, right to the front door.

Battle Royale, a Japanese movie that's more a dark comey with lots of violence. Lots of murdered kids. Watch this one, it's my personal favorite movie ever.

Blue Sunshine is one for the drug related request you made.

Cannibal Holocaust, Salo. The "All Night Long" trilogy, Ichii the Killer and Visitor Q are a few of the most offensive movies I've ever seen.

The Crazies - (From Amazon) "During the 10 years between Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead, director George Romero had a string of box-office flops--some of which were actually quite good. For example,there's The Crazies, in which a military plane carrying biological-warfare agents crashes near Evans City, Pennsylvania. The virus gets into the town's water supply and has two effects on the infected: death or irreversible insanity"

I could go on and on forever here. I'll post a link to my dvd collection and let me know if anything catches your eye. If I'm an expert on anything it's fucked up movies :p

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=monkeyballz1313

K9
December 10th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Memento - great movie.

Kevin Smith's 5 movie trilogy - that includes Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy etc.

Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Fear and Loathing, Blow, Boondock Saints - some of my favorites.

And, like said. of course anything Kubrick. Dr. Strangelove was too amazing.

A2675770
December 10th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Glad someone said donnie darko

Boondock saints
12 monkeys was pretty ****'d up

nbk2000
December 10th, 2004, 07:31 PM
1) Way of the Gun

2) At Play in the Fields of the Lord

3) Red Dragon (NOT the remake with Hopkins)

4) King of New York

5) Bad Lieutenant (with Harvey Keitel, unrated version has nun rape/cop killing/kids getting snuffed/and more good stuff ;))

Anthony
December 10th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Aha! I thought of one that hasn't already been mentioned: 8mm

NBK's mention of "snuff" twigged my memory.

I wouldn't say Momento was fucked up, but I do greatly admire the amount of thought that must have gone into writing it. The way the story unfolds and one chapter leads into the next is great.

I watched Donnie Darko again the other day, and I still don't get most of it. Everyone you ask has a different idea. I suspect the writer/director purposely made it impossible to understand to gain cult status :)

Leon The Professional was quite good, and the uncut version has some kiddie-cranking to boot.

IMO Clerks was Smith's best film. Mallrats, Chasing Amy and Dogma were all good, but there seems to be a definite downhill trend culminating in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I've got the old and recent versions of Lolita on order. Purely to observe the changing attitudes towards paeodophillia over the decades, you understand ;)

FrankRizzo
December 11th, 2004, 12:31 AM
My Current movie collection:

Fight Club
The Matrix (just the 1st one)
Das Boot
Brazil
PI
Rounders
A.I.
Blade Runner
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Natural Born Killers
Being John Malkovich
Memento
Lost Highway
Dark City
The Wall (Floyd)
Snatch
Reservoir Dogs
Leon: The Professional (uncut version)
Go! (Katie Holmes...mmmm)
Rounders
Boondock Saints
The Usual Suspects
American Beauty
Pulp Fiction
Ghost in the Shell (The Matrix, before The Matrix)
The Cube

NBK: If you like extreme movies, check out "Salo". It's not really a 'good' movie per se, but 'extreme' would be a nice way to quantify it.

+++++++++++++++++

I've seen most of the movies you listed, and quite a few of them are, indeed, F' 'D movies. :)

tom haggen
December 11th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Who the hell is Kevin Smith K9? I know someone named Kevin Smith, he goes by smitty, or the smitinator.

grendel23
December 11th, 2004, 03:33 AM
The Evil Dead, IMHO the Alpha Prime of F'd up movies.
Most of my other favorites have been mentioned, Eraserhead, PI, Bad Lieutenant, anything by Tarantino.
A couple of very strange movies are "Wax; or the discovery of television among the bees." and a Japanese flick called "Tetsuo: The Iron Man". Both are worth searching out.

Joeychemist
December 11th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Tom

Kevin Smith is an actor/writer/producer. You know who silent Bob is Right? That's who Kevin smith is.

tmp
December 11th, 2004, 05:42 AM
ANYTHING by Quentin Tarantino for starters. Others would include PI,
Blue Velvet, Manhunter, The Osterman Weekend, The Soldier, Flashpoint,
At Close Range, Jacob's Ladder, Repo Man, and The Class Of Nukem High.
There are many others, but these are among my favorites. Recently, I
found a movie on DVD that I had only seen once on cable but never in a
video store - Full Body Massage. 90% of this flick shows a naked and
very well endowed Mimi Rogers getting a professional massage from
Bryan Brown. And then he charges her only $100 for a 90 minute
massage ? Now that's f'd up ! Anyway, when the disc gets here, I'll rip
and encode, then put it up on a P2P.

ProdigyChild
December 11th, 2004, 01:11 PM
I DO like 'Falling down' with Micheal Douglas, although some parts are typical Hollywood style (including the end). Really worth watching IMHO.

Flake2m
December 11th, 2004, 01:40 PM
American History X; every time I watch it makes me re-think my own beliefs on racism.

Clockwork Orange; This seems very surrealistic in the way the music and camera seem to meld together in some parts. Intresting how it was banned when it was first released and didn't re-surface until after Kubrick's death.
Pi, Has some intresting theories and a decent twist.
Butterfly effect, this movie gave me the creeps for weeks after I watched it.

Anthony
December 11th, 2004, 02:04 PM
A Clockwork Orange was apparently never banned. Kubrick/Warner Bros requested that it be withdrawn from the UK following copy-cat rapes and murders.

tmp
December 11th, 2004, 05:15 PM
ProdigyChild, I have Falling Down on laserdisc. It was easy for me
to relate to Michael Douglas's character because I was damn near
suicidal and did crazy shit after my layoff as a DoD contractor back
in 1994. Like Douglas's character in the movie, it wasn't a good
idea for a person to piss me off back then and my life was almost as
fucked up as his character.

Flake2m
December 11th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Anthony. I thought it had been banned since it just dissapeared after it was released.
It is still a brilliant movie, even if there are a few lunatics that took it too literally.

Spudkilla
December 12th, 2004, 01:32 AM
If you want to see a fucked up movie, try the Japanese film Suicide Club. It has a plot, though it might not make too much sense the first time around. I'm not sure if it has good actors or not, I can't judge non-English speaking foreign actors too well. But I will say that it has scarred me for life, and is definently not in the mainstream.

megalomania
December 12th, 2004, 09:03 AM
I found a website of movies apparently banned at one time or another in the UK. These are some real f'd up horrer movies too. Check out:
http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/nasties.htm

Anybody know where to obtain the movie "House on the Edge of the Park" ? Any movie about crazy retards has to be good.

There is another Lolita esk film recently banned called "Birth." Actually this one involves a naked Nichole Kidman taking a bath with a 10 year old boy. Apparently the movie plot involves Kidman believing the boy is the reincarnated soul of her late husband, so she is in love with the boy.

Now I don't know about you, but I think that is the luckiest boy in the world.

Anthony
December 12th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I've just had a look and Birth is due to be released in the UK end of feb 2005. Certificate 15! So it's either heavilly cut, or "art" :)

Pre-ordered it anyway.

openfacesurgery
December 12th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Mega, House on the Edge of the Park can be ordered from Amazon or any other site that sells DVD's.

festergrump
December 12th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Some oldies but goodies (which are all fucked up in there own right):

Duel (Dennis Weaver, 1972?)
Death Race 2000 (David Carradine, Sly Stallone, 1978)
Damnation Alley (George Peppard, Jan-Michael Vincent, 1977)
Tron (Jeff Bridges, 1982)

Apocalypse Now (redux) is another of my favorites...the horror...

Skean Dhu
December 12th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Mission of the Shark, USS Indianapolis gets sunk in pacific, men get eaten by sharks
Dolph Lundgren produced movies, Low budget poor plots but lots of fake explosions, fight scenes, the infamous 12 shot 6-shooter,and funny screw-ups that shoulda been left on the cutting room floor. Great to watch and make fun of w/ freinds

Fester, you forgot some other oldies but goodies
War Games(1983) "The only winning move is not to play"
Mad Max
Road Warrior

knowledgehungry
December 12th, 2004, 10:05 PM
A clockwork orange was a good movie, I liked the first half at least. It is amazing how large of a following it has in the punk and skinhead subcultures. There are many bands that are clockwork themed and even more that have songs inspired by the movie(mainly the concept of a lil' bit o' the old ultra-violence)
The Templars, Lower Class Brats, Adicts, Major Accident, Foreign Legion, and Ultra-violent, are all Clockwork bands.

elementc
December 14th, 2004, 02:06 AM
I loved the movie 2001 : A Space Odyssey. I recommend reading the books that go along with it for more info to make some sense out of the story.

Jacks Complete
December 15th, 2004, 06:24 PM
I'm suprised that no-one has mentioned 'Nikita'? The French original is absolutely brilliant! (The US remake is pure shit) 'Leon' is in the same vein.

Manga stuff tends to be cool, imho. Even if you don't like manga, get hold of 'Aikra', which is just so brilliant...

The original Terminator is better than T2, as well. The terror seems more real, more raw - and there is a lot more stuff (hence 18 rated, not 15)

Predator 2 is a gore-fest full of gunfire. Robocop is still really good (but forget any and all series, sequels, etc.)

Alien and Aliens - get the extended version of Aliens, it makes more sense, and it becomes an even better film for it.

I think someone said 'Battle Royale' already, but it can bear saying again. 'Lord of the Flies' - it isn't a kids film, it is a film about kids.

Finally, I recommend this as the ultimate fucked up movie - 'Series 7: The Contenders' - I sat there open mouthed for a lot of it. It drives a stake through a lot of the reality TV shit you see.

Bert
December 15th, 2004, 07:31 PM
"Straight to Hell": It's all about caffeine, sexual tension and death. But mainly caffeine and death... Repo Man, of course.

festergrump
December 15th, 2004, 08:05 PM
JC, do you mean "Le Femme Nikita"? I liked the remake with Bridget Fonda (Point of No Return. I thought of mentioning it here). Her momma sucks, but Bridget is bad-ass! Were I able to lick my elbow I'd stick my pointed tongue up Bridget's puss and tickle her cervix! :D

xyz
December 15th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Lol fester, you're becoming the modern day B0B... (anyone else remember his stories and THC fuelled rambling? :D)

cursed-flesh
December 18th, 2004, 05:45 AM
cube, hypercube warped my brain (no pun)
romper stomper
I liked event horizon
blade runner will be mentioned again
same with donnie darko
flowers in the attic is soft-core horror, but still had an impact for some reason
I loved May (I like your tattoo)
Tarantino,Kubrick and Lynch films
Arlington road (Lynch)
Heavy metal
hamburger hill and full metal jacket
Evil dead tril was great
one more is some movies about a crazy female camp councelor who kills people (a little generalized but I can't remember the name)

The_Rsert
December 18th, 2004, 08:53 AM
My current movie collection:

Scary Movie 1+2
Fight Club
From Dusk Till Dawn
Starship Troopers
Zombie - Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
The Evil Dead
Braindead
Kill Bill Volume 1+2
Shrek 1+2
Terminator 1+2+3
Lord of the Rings 1
Three Kings
Planet of Abes (the old one)
Jackie Brown
28 Days Later
Johnny Mnemonic
Ice Age
2001: a space odyssey
Futurama SEASON TWO
The Fan
Sleepy Hollow
Southpark Season One
American Pie 3
Master and Commander
The Godfather 1+2+3
Frida
Nowhere in Africa
The Texas Chainsaw Massaccre
The Butterfyl Effect
The Ring
Resident Evil
Alien
Aliens
The Simpsons Season 1+2
Lord of the Weed
Southpark - The Movie
Finding Nemo
Jackass the Movie
Black Hawk Down
Oceans Eleven
The Anomatrix
The Matrix 1+2+3
The Forsaken
Riddick
National Security
James Bond - Die Another Day
Blade II
I, Robot
Pulp Fiction

And some German movies...
Der Schuh des Manitu
Der bewegte Mann
Knock'in on Heavens Door

And some old VHS movies:
Gladiator
Resovir Dogs
Alien 4
Road Trip
Harry Potter
Con Air

The worst movie (VHS):
"Cyborg" with Jaun Claude Van Damme :mad:

Silentnite
December 20th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Um. Either we missed the point or there's a broader sense of the word F**ked up floating around that im not used to.
Horror movies are great for a laugh. I can never seem to actually believe it. The Sixth Sense is a great example because i figured it out after the first scene. Not a horror movie though. Event horizon actually had me a little frightened. "SAW" just came out and its delightfully twisted.
All three Matrix's were good if you read beyond, otherwise it plays as a nice action. The "Bourne's" were kinda twisted when you realize that he snapped because of the governments brainwashing. Faerenheit 451 was a good movie, but the book was better. Me, Myself, and Irene was funny.
But all my movies are rewatchable so most of them aren't of the horror type. I have the entire set of Kevin Smith's line. With dogma ranking at my top fav. Chapplle show, three stooges, patriot, braveheart, resident evil 1 and 2, good will hunting. There's more, but it declines from there. Thank god for adult swim.

supernegro
December 27th, 2004, 01:41 AM
If you want to see a mind fuck movie, then you must see Santa Sangre (Saint Blood)
by Alejandro Jodorowsky. If you like film, you'll love the rich symbolism and powerful imagery of Jodorowsky's grapling with mothers, fathers, manhood and sexuality. If, however, you just like fucked up shit, then you'll love the retards on coke, the maimings, murders, sluts, midgets, clowns and so much more. You can't lose!

lawrencetaylor
December 29th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Pi
I don't really know how to describe it, but I liked it.

LuzRD
December 29th, 2004, 01:38 AM
havent seen it since i was a youngin, but ...
"The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" (1984)
as i recall it was most definately a F'D up movie

nbk2000
January 13th, 2005, 12:21 AM
I recently saw "Willard", the re-made version of "Ben" (the 'man trains swarm of rats to kill' movie), and that's definately a fucked up movie. Especially when he tosses in a cat and the rats chase it around the house prior to the inevitable feast. :D

Another one is "Ghost in the Shell - Innocence" (the latest one). It's got kung-fu lolita kiddie-sex killer androids! :o

telkanuru
January 13th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned 'Ronin' yet, or 'The Rock'. Also, 'Assassins' was a good but whacky movie.

My current favourite list is :

-Donnie Darko
-Rosencranz and Guildenstern are Dead
-Glory
-Igby Goes Down
-The Dead Poet's Society
-Apocalypse Now

All are recomended, but most are philisophical mindgames.

My friend had a movie which consisted of Zombie-slaying Japanese punk rockers, but I forget the title.

Ithacacian
January 22nd, 2005, 03:49 AM
What about the classic Italian horror of Mario Bava, such as Antefatto (Bay of Blood) or Black Sunday? Also important (and exceedingly well-made) is the horror of Dario Argento, such as Suspiria and Tenebre (Unsane).

The three great Italian directors of all time made fucked up movies: Fellini, Bertolluci, and Antonioni.
It's hard to get as fucked up as Fellini Satyricon.
More moderate are the famous Fellini films: 8 1/2, La Dolce Vita, etc. with Mastroianni
Bertolucci made another famous one in Last Tango in Paris, with Marlon Brando variously fucking, abusing and being abused by a sweet little French girl, among other things.
Antonioni made some good ones with L'Aventurra, Blow-Up, and Red Desert.

These constitute oft ignored but at times extremely interesting viewing and are important in the history of film, regardless.

nbk2000
March 1st, 2005, 07:16 PM
I recently saw a seriously fuck'd up movie called Quills, about the Marquis De Sade.

They take his quills (feather pens) so he can't write any more of his perverse stories.

He uses a chicken bone and wine to write on his bedsheets.

They strip his cell.

He uses his blood to write on his clothes.

They strip him naked.

He tells the stories to a girl to write down and the asylum goes berserk.

They cut out his tongue and chain him naked in a dungeon cell.

He writes his final story with his own shit on the cell walls.

As he's lies dying, the priest tries to give him last rites and tells him to kiss the crucifix. He swallows it, instead, and chokes to death on the crucifix.

The priest goes insane from having meet the evilest man to ever live, and becomes an inmate of his own asylum.

Now that's fuck'd up! :D

akinrog
March 13th, 2005, 11:15 PM
I recently watched k-pax. This is one of the most amusing alien movie without presence (apparition) of any aliens. :D

And another fuck'd up movie I watched is caligula by Tinto Brass. I know this director produces erotic movies but this one was really good (with respect to its theme).

akinrog
I recently watched k-pax. This is one of the most amusing alien movie without presence (apparition) of any aliens. :D

And another fuck'd up movie I watched is caligula by Tinto Brass. I know this director produces erotic movies but this one was really good (with respect to its theme).

akinrog

Oktogen
March 14th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Oh megalomania,
I love Quentin Tarantino !!! It's my favourite director !
Reservoir Dogs IMO is even better than Pulp fiction. Did you watch "four rooms" ? Great film , too. I watched kill bill 1,2 also but they're a bit worse then all his films, but also enjoyable. These films are 10000 better then holywood big box office hits which are ... crappy.... just shoots, explosions and hard-core, immortal, heros, god almighty, it's shit... and Quentin films are more like artism. The violence is over-coloured and mr. blond is just great.
The other films I enjoyed are:
"Das boot" -great film, especially the music !
"the heat" - nice movie, great acting - Al Pacino, Robert De Niro
"apocalypse now" - classic...
from the latest holywood hits I enjoyed "enemy at the gates" :D
best wishes,
oktogen

Oktogen
Oh megalomania,
Reservoir Dogs IMO is even better than Pulp fiction. Did you watch "four rooms" ? Great film , too. I watched kill bill 1,2 also but they're a bit worse then all his films, but also enjoyable. These films are 10000 better then holywood big box office hits which are ... crappy.... just shoots, explosions and hard-core, immortal, heros, god almighty, it's shit... and Quentin films are more like artism. The violence is over-coloured and mr. blond is just great.
best wishes,
oktogen

Oktogen
Oh megalomania,
best wishes,
oktogen

nbk2000
March 14th, 2005, 06:50 PM
It's just 'Heat', without the 'the'.

James Cameron (of 'Aliens' and 'Terminator 2' fame) is making a live-action version of Battle Angel Alita which, of course, is a kick-ass manga, so it should be a kick-ass movie if he hasn't gone senile yet.

Evangalion is supposedly being made too, but I don't know by who, so it could suck.

Seems hollywood has ran out of comic-book superheros and saturday cartoon characters to make movies of, so they're turning to anime/manga. Time to find something new to read now that it's going mainstream. :(

nbk2000

James Cameron (of 'Aliens' and 'Terminator 2' fame) is making a live-action version of Battle Angel Alita which, of course, is a kick-ass manga, so it should be a kick-ass movie if he hasn't gone senile yet.

Evangalion is supposedly being made too, but I don't know by who, so it could suck.

Seems hollywood has ran out of comic-book superheros and saturday cartoon characters to make movies of, so they're turning to anime/manga. Time to find something new to read now that it's going mainstream. :(

nbk2000

Jacks Complete
March 14th, 2005, 07:47 PM
NBK, just go to j-list, they have lots that will never be mainstream manga!

I've been hearing things about a new film, 9 songs, which has been in the news here. The most expict film ever rated 18 by the BBFC.
http://www.optimumreleasing.com/theatrical.php?id=129

Irreversible - deals with a rape and the revenge aftermath
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/2008796.stm

Baise-Moi (which tranlastes roughly to "rape me") sounds fucked up.
SYNOPSIS

The lives of a young rape victim and a sex worker come together after each of them kills someone close to them. The pair go on a sexually charged rampage of violence as they attempt to deal with the violence and humiliation to which they have been habitually subjected.

http://libertus.net/censor/odocs/bm_cboardrpt.html

This might not be quite what the aim of the thread was, but it *is* fucked up, and it *is* movies!
Bush TV

At least 20 federal agencies have produced and distributed hundreds of promotional news clips during the past four years, many of which have aired on the news programs of local TV stations with no disclosure of the government's role in their production, the New York Times disclosed Sunday. They include a State Department-produced clip filmed in Kansas City purportedly showing reaction of Iraqi-Americans to the fall of Baghdad, with one man appearing on camera saying, "Thank you, Bush. Thank you, U.S.A."

Another report showed a public relations worker for the Transportation Security Administration appearing on camera as a "reporter" describing the administration's launch of a security program as "one of the most remarkable campaigns in aviation history." The "reporter," the newspaper revealed, also "used a false name."

Although recent articles have suggested that a handful of columnists and commentators had been paid by the Bush administration to air positive reports about its programs and policies, the Times said, "the administration's efforts to generate positive news coverage have been considerably more pervasive than previously known." The article also accused television stations of "widespread complicity or negligence" and violating ethics standards by airing the clips without attribution.

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2005-03-14/#3

Jacks Complete

I've been hearing things about a new film, 9 songs, which has been in the news here. The most expict film ever rated 18 by the BBFC.

SYNOPSIS

The lives of a young rape victim and a sex worker come together after each of them kills someone close to them. The pair go on a sexually charged rampage of violence as they attempt to deal with the violence and humiliation to which they have been habitually subjected.

This might not be quite what the aim of the thread was, but it *is* fucked up, and it *is* movies!
Bush TV

At least 20 federal agencies have produced and distributed hundreds of promotional news clips during the past four years, many of which have aired on the news programs of local TV stations with no disclosure of the government's role in their production, the New York Times disclosed Sunday. They include a State Department-produced clip filmed in Kansas City purportedly showing reaction of Iraqi-Americans to the fall of Baghdad, with one man appearing on camera saying, "Thank you, Bush. Thank you, U.S.A."

Another report showed a public relations worker for the Transportation Security Administration appearing on camera as a "reporter" describing the administration's launch of a security program as "one of the most remarkable campaigns in aviation history." The "reporter," the newspaper revealed, also "used a false name."

Although recent articles have suggested that a handful of columnists and commentators had been paid by the Bush administration to air positive reports about its programs and policies, the Times said, "the administration's efforts to generate positive news coverage have been considerably more pervasive than previously known." The article also accused television stations of "widespread complicity or negligence" and violating ethics standards by airing the clips without attribution.

Jacks Complete

SYNOPSIS

Bush TV

megalomania
March 15th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Government uses propaganda, dog bites man, calories cause obesity... yawn.

megalomania

megalomania

akinrog
April 18th, 2005, 04:04 PM
I recently rewatched a nostalgic prison movie called Papillion. It was one of my best movies I ever watched based on a true story. :(

akinrog
I recently rewatched a nostalgic prison movie called Papillion. It was one of my best movies I ever watched based on a true story. :(

akinrog

grendel23
April 19th, 2005, 06:28 AM
The movie Papillon is good, the book by Henri Charriere is even better, as usual.

grendel23
The movie Papillon is good, the book by Henri Charriere is even better, as usual.

grendel23

xyz
April 20th, 2005, 12:33 AM
I don't know if anyone will have heard of it outside of Australia, but there's a seriously fucked up movie that was made here called "Bad Boy Bubby".

Basic Storyline:

1. Bubby is 35 and has never left his house, he lives with his parents who have told him that he can't go outside because there is poison gas and he'll suffocate. He is totally looked after by his mother who also fucks him.

2. Bubby notices that the cat can go outside without suffocating, he asks his mother about this and she says "Don't be silly, cats don't breathe!"

3. Bubby tests this theory by wrapping the cat in cling wrap, it dies.

4. Bubby waits for his parents to come home, suffocates them both by wrapping them up in cling wrap.

5. Bubby leaves and goes on his own way in the world, becoming the frontman for a metal band.

And you guys thought your movies were fucked up :D

xyz
I don't know if anyone will have heard of it outside of Australia, but there's a seriously fucked up movie that was made here called "Bad Boy Bubby".

Basic Storyline:

1. Bubby is 35 and has never left his house, he lives with his parents who have told him that he can't go outside because there is poison gas and he'll suffocate. He is totally looked after by his mother who also fucks him.

2. Bubby notices that the cat can go outside without suffocating, he asks his mother about this and she says "Don't be silly, cats don't breathe!"

4. Bubby waits for his parents to come home, suffocates them both by wrapping them up in cling wrap.

5. Bubby leaves and goes on his own way in the world, becoming the frontman for a metal band.

xyz

Basic Storyline:

Isotoxin
August 18th, 2006, 06:21 PM
This is one of the most fucked up movies I have ever seen and I think it is at least in the top 10% of all fucked up movies.

I used a torrent to download it but you can also buy a DVD.

The film is Imprint by Miike(same guy that make Ichi the Killer and Audition) but Imprint is much better(worse) then Ichi the Killer.

Basically it is a dialog between an american man and a japanese whore set in the 18th century with flashbacks. The only film I have seen that shows home abortions and one of the few with good long torture. But that is not the heart of the movie at all - it's more about the nature of hell. It's worth a look for everyone here.

Now Ichi the Killer is a much less "mindwarping" film about S&M loving japanese mafia members. There is plenty of torture and rape and such but it's not intense like Imprint - it's more of a somewhat funny film to watch with a joint and friends.

Lewis
August 19th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I recently watched a movie called 'Elephant':
Artsy, low budget portrayal of the Columbine shooting. Very high on my 'phucked' list.

Also Quintin Terantino (sp.?) movies, most notably The Hills Have Eyes.

Jome skanish
August 19th, 2006, 11:20 PM
I'd recommend Apt pupil.

Boy gets nazi-craze, and finds out that an old man in the neighborhood is actually Kurt Dussander, an old nazi war ciminal. Then he blackmails the poor fellow trying to understand the very essence of evil.

Great movie! And just like American Psycho there's hilarious scenes of violence, like the infamous cat-scene :D

nbk2000
August 19th, 2006, 11:42 PM
My favorite scene from American Psycho is when the killer goes into the mens room to strangle one of his cohorts.

He puts his hands around the dudes neck while the victim is taking a piss at a urinal.

Dude grabs one gloved hand and starts kissing it, talking about how long he's longed for his (killers) touch.

The killer flees the faggot in disgust, throwing away the fag-tainted gloves :D

Apt Pupil is good too. Liked the ending, when the youngster blackmails the faggot PE teacher into giving him a good grade. :p

akinrog
August 21st, 2006, 08:26 AM
I recently watched V for vendetta. It was really good revolutionary movie.

The scene where V blew up the parliament building was really good.

megalomania
August 21st, 2006, 01:17 PM
I watched V solely because Natalie Portman is in it (mmmmmm Natalie…), but I was surprised to find it is a most entertaining movie on its own merits. It is the kind of story Orwell would have written, and it falls into the same genre in my opinion. There can be a valid use of explosives and “terrorism” against the state when the state has fallen into a pattern of evil despotism.

anonymous411
August 21st, 2006, 07:02 PM
One of my favorite movies of all time:

MURDER BY CONTRACT (1958)

This neglected low-budget B/W noir film from the 1950s is a beaut, an absolutely superb thriller. It reminds me so much of Jean-Pierre Melville's great existentialist character study film noir called Le Samurai (67), where the point of the film remains less on the story and more on how the protagonist is suave and calculatingly dispassionate.

"Murder by Contract" is a gritty depiction of a handsome man, Claude (Vince Edwards), who makes a career move from making an honest but poorly paid wage to becoming a high-paid contract killer. He considers his work a business thing, instead of 'price cutting he does throat cutting.' The risk is high, but so is the profit. His only personal desire is to purchase a house by the Ohio River, something he could never afford unless he worked all his life and saved. The one who recommends him for the job is a Mr. Brink, who is unseen throughout the story.

Entering Mr. Moon's (Granger) apartment Claude introduces himself as someone Mr. Brink recommended, even though he has never done a contract killing before he convinces the reluctant Moon that he is a natural for this line of work. Moon makes him sweat for two weeks in his hotel room as he tells him not to leave the room he'll call him only one time for the job, if he's out he'll never call again. Claude exercises when he gets restless waiting for the call, trying to always be cool.

When hired, Claude does a series of minor killings until he becomes noted as a proficient contract killer. We see him use his smarts to kill someone in a barber shop by pretending to be a barber; he pulls the life-support machine off another victim; and, we see him return to Moon's apartment on a contract assignment and knife him to death. He will work as a hit man for anyone who'll pay him, as he develops a reputation for being efficient and cool under pressure.

Claude accepts an assignment for the huge sum of $5,000 to go out to Southern California and kill a federal witness in an upcoming mob trial. He learns that the witness is Billie Williams (Caprice Toriel), a woman piano player who is testifying against Mr. Brink. The two men who are his contacts in California, the surly Marc (Pine) and the affable George (Bernardi), want him to get the job done right away as they fear if he goofs up, they'll get killed. But Claude takes his time, not concerned with the countdown on the two week time period before she testifies. Claude wants to see the Pacific Ocean and the other sites in this sunny paradise, and he also follows the two contact men to see if they are being tailed. His only concern is that it is a woman who is the target not because he cares about women, but because he considers them unreliable as they never stand still. He wants double for killing a woman, but the boys refuse to call the boss and ask, saying that would mean they'll all be dead after the job.

The job is tougher than Claude realized, as Billie's house is guarded by the police and she is so scared, she never leaves her house. But he questions a maid she just fired and learns that she watches TV all morning. He attaches an explosive device to the high-voltage wires that will detonate as soon as she turns on the TV, but she uses a remote-control and the explosion doesn't kill her.

With just 48 hours to go, Claude comes up with another ingenious scheme, he has George shoot a flaming arrow into the outlying brush around her property, which distracts the police. When a woman opens the door to look out of curiosity he kills her with a shot from a high-powered rifle, as he is perched on a hill above her house. But that woman turns out to be a policewoman sent in the last moment because Billie wants a woman around the house. He learns that from a hooker, as he kills some time waiting for the next train back east. It seems that the police tried to cover up the botched hit by telling the papers that she died, hoping it would convince the mob. Claude is ready to give up, saying the woman is a jinx and you can't go against a jinx or you end up dead.

In the suspenseful conclusion the amoral Claude deals with the new situation in his third attempt to kill the witness, in the same professionally detached and coldly objective way he always deals with his problems. But first...

I removed the spoiler since it's far too good to ruin. It's totally worth finding to see for yourself!

Cindor
August 21st, 2006, 08:22 PM
Edukators, I really like it...

In the Name of the Father, is a movie about a dad and a son... their where blaimed for a terrorist act of IRA... just see it...

Sausagemit
August 21st, 2006, 11:25 PM
The most recent F'd up movie that stuck out in my head is Ravenous. It's basicly about cannibalism but it's conveyed in such a way that it's awsomely desturbing and has a very thick plot that is kinda hard to guess which way it's going to go next. Definitely on my top ten F'd up movies.

Cindor
August 22nd, 2006, 12:02 PM
Wow wow wow... we are forgetting a big one... THE TRUMAN SHOW !!!
Really f**ked up... but is it really f**ked up or is just Jimm Carrey f**ked up ??
The "big brother"... and how it's taking control of our lives... sound ephemeral... but too real at the same time... and how he gets away...

Oh, yeah, Lord Of The Flies... it's shows the beast we have inside... the natural fear... how the human shelters in the irrational when he can't explain what's happening...

pjcitaly
August 23rd, 2006, 01:07 AM
If there any foreign film buffs in here I think they would agree that one of the most f'd up movies ever made would be Pier Paolo Pasolini's "Salò" or "120 days of Sodom" (same movie).

Here's the intro of an "interesting" review made about the film.

"If your friend one day comes up to you and tells you that "Salo" is his favorite movie, don't freak out. Instead, try to act like nothing happens, and when you have the chance, call the police."
(Here's the full review) (http://www.naturalbornviewers.com/archive/s/salo/review.htm)

I can't say I completely share his whole view about the film and the director who I happen to like very much for his other works, theories and interviews, but I do agree that it is one of the most emotion provoking films I have ever seen, and not in the tear-jerker-pass-me-a-hanky kind of way. I am talking about visceral emotions, repugnance, disgust, etc...

megalomania
August 23rd, 2006, 06:25 AM
I’ve been on a horror theme as of late. I watched The Hills Have Eyes and both House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil’s Rejects. In Hills that teen bitch got raped by a mutato freak, weak :( I thought that guy would never die while being burned alive, that’s a hell of a way to go.

1000 corpses and its sequel were certainly f’d up, but kind of stupid. I loved Sheri Moon’s voice in the movie. It’s not her real one she said in an interview, just something she made up for the character. She is an over 30 chick I would make an exception for :)

Sin City is a new one I would like to add to the list. The noir style, selective use of color and B&W, the over the top dialog, all fascinating. Not only is there a sequel coming out, but they are going ahead with number 3!

I may also add Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I mean the new one. It is a sappy Disney type movie I know, but give it to Tim Burton and it ends up a disturbing f’d up movie. That Depp is a nut…

I did see Ghost World (part of my list to watch back in 2004), which I originally wanted to watch for Thora Birch, but Scarlett Johansson stole the show for me. Her naked ass from the recent Vanity Fair cover now graces my desktop. Now if we can only get her to show the front side… I watched The Island because she was in it. That may qualify as f’d up somewhat because of the premise, but it was too hollywoodified.

Lewis
August 23rd, 2006, 11:38 PM
Wow, I never realized people on this forums could strongly like a movie like V for Vendetta. The film had all the makings for an awesome flick, but completley screwed it up!

Basically they took George Orwell's 1984, gutted it, defecated in it, then threw in some random flashbacks, odd romance, and meaningless side-stories.

I will admit it was a good movie visually, but the only real aspect that held my attention was the large (and probably costly) explosion sequences to classical music.

...And hey, since when does a train full of ANFO detonated underneath a building create a big orange fireball above it?

Sorry, I just realized this thread is about recommending fucked up movies, not trashing ones that try a little too hard to be revolutionary. :o

-EDIT-
Oh yeah, and Snakes on a Plane was a lot funnier than I expected if you can turn your brain off for 90 or so minutes.

Nihilist
August 26th, 2006, 07:23 AM
I started to write a post...but then I realized I couldn't actually think of any new movies to add to the awesome list that's already been compiled. So instead, i'll refer you to some literature I just finished reading. This doesn't really qualify as "fucked up" per se(but since the theme of this thread seems to be more originality and quality, I think it qualifies), the Collected Fictions of Jorge Luis Borges are among the most intellectually stimulating, original, and interesting stories i've ever read. This is a pretty good page on him:

http://www.themodernword.com/borges/

I highly recommend Andrew Hurley's translation (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0140286802/002-5174356-0724850?v=glance&n=283155). I promise you, you won't be disappointed.