View Full Version : MenuEdit Registration Needed

Anthony
December 18th, 2004, 02:45 PM
This is a bit of a long-shot, but I'm hoping there's a member here who also does DVD backups.

Menuedit is a program that edits DVD menus. Specifically, it can remove buttons from the menu, which is very handy if you've removed the material the button points to. I'm splitting the contents of a DVD onto two DVDRs.

The program has a freeware version, but is crippled in the usual lame fashion to prevent me using this useful feature. Registration cost $16.50, which is a bit steep for a home-brewed prog, but I also don't know if will even work to do what I want. Mainly I don't want to pay out of principle.

Kazaa, bittorrent and google haven't yielded any results. I can't ask at video editing forums because this prog was created by several members and everyone has a stick up their arse about ripping it off. If it was made at zero cost, why isn't it free? Hmm?

So, does anyone happen to use this program and have a working copy, a hack, or anything else that will give me the "registered" options?

c0deblue
December 19th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Don't know if it's the same program, but astalavista turned up 11 sites with many different release versions. One of these should work. Good luck!

http://astalavista.box.sk/cgi-bin/robot?srch=menuedit

Anthony
December 19th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Yes! Thanks c0deblue!

A firm "up yours!" to those money-grubbing bastards :)

Silentnite
December 20th, 2004, 01:26 AM
If i recall DVD X-copy has that function as well. Allowing you to select which features you'd like to incorporate as well as spanning several dvd's. Not to mention Dual layer debuted at a relatively decent price.

SweNMFan
December 20th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Found it using overnet/edonkey2000 in a few minutes aswell.. :)