View Full Version : Triflourine anyone?

Mr.ANFO
December 27th, 2004, 01:40 AM
I recently came across a potent flourinated organic compund by the name of triflourine fugicide for trees. I think this stuff is a weapon all by itself. :confused:

I really think chemical weapons are terrible so i don't seee a human use for them, other than NO2...

megalomania
December 27th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Chemicals that have agriculture uses are exempt from the chemical weapons convention no matter how toxic they are.

simply RED
December 27th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Slap this newbie :) .

Mr.ANFO
December 31st, 2004, 03:13 AM
The material in question is called Triforine and is N,N'-[1,4-Piperazinediyl-bis(2,2,2-trichloroethyl-idene)]-bis-[formamide]
Anyone know if in theory it could be made into something more deadly? ? this stuff as i said is very dangerous.

c0deblue
December 31st, 2004, 02:21 PM
Don't know enough about organic chemistry to assess the potential for "supercharging" this substance, but Triforine (also known as Funginex) has been in use a long time with few if any mishaps. One obviously shouldn't eat the stuff, but it seems pretty benign compared with many of its agrichemical cousins. Here's a comprehensive evaluation of its toxicity:

http://www.fao.org/docrep/W8141E/w8141e18.htm

Not saying a new and truly deadly substance couldn't be formed by modifying Triforine's basic structure, but at an LD50 of >5000 mg/kg (oral) for the product itself it would take one hell of an "accident" to even get sick.