View Full Version : Poor phone

mark
November 20th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Wow. Weird dream. I dreamt that I inserted a 200 grain pyrodex cratermaker into a telephone and brought it to a friends house. As I slumbered, the dream got weirder. I proceded to throw the device into my friends garrage and slam the door. Blam! I woke up, and found these pictures on my computer! http://www.geocities.com/waltherboomsted/deadphone.html

kingspaz
December 24th, 2001, 07:27 PM
well done. its always good to see pictures because they describe what millions of words can't. and they look good!
what case did you use for the cratemaker?
also do you know the exact chemicals in pyrodex? its black powder with burn catalysts isn't it? anybody know what these catalysts are?

RTC
December 24th, 2001, 09:55 PM
You might want to make the pictures into thumb's, as waiting for the page to load (which is over 3mb) takes a little longer than most of us 56kers are prepared to wait.

------------------
We have assembled here today to teach you all a little lesson. One cannot remain on top for years while closing one's mind to the influence of others. I will demonstrate the true meaning of inovation for all you to see.

nbk2000
December 25th, 2001, 03:01 AM
That's why I've never seen the pictures. I just KNOW that they're .BMP pictures, correct? Nothing like huge ol' honking bitmaps to suck up bandwidth. Like nobodies ever heard of .JPG.....

------------------
"I have begun evil, I shall end evil. That is the end that awaits me."

Go here (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/nbk2k) to download the NBK2000 files and videos.

Anthony
December 25th, 2001, 10:24 AM
If you get the properties of one of the partly loaded pictures, it says they are jpgs! They must have been *huge*, hardly compressed ones that were framed down to a small size rather than actually reduced?

RTC
December 27th, 2001, 01:26 AM
Yea there JPEG's, and there about 760kb EACH, if I were you mark I would crop then down in size or use some kind of file reduction program ACDSee is what I use and it cuts a 3mb .bmp file into like 30kb GIF.

------------------
We have assembled here today to teach you all a little lesson. One cannot remain on top for years while closing one's mind to the influence of others. I will demonstrate the true meaning of inovation for all you to see.