View Full Version : Greetings and a quick question

DroppinLead
January 11th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Just wanted to drop a line saying how much I like the boards politically incorrect forum topics..

From what I've seen theres several topics that seem right up my alley. I just was wondering exactly how long newbees posts take to show up. It's been several days since I posted to the improvised weapons post where the topic starter inquired into if anyone had ever made a sten machine gun , or had any info on how hard or easy it is to do. I cant speak for anyone elses experience with the sten and its design flaws and drawbacks. But the post I added was directed straight to the topic starter and covered an area of sten manufacture that not one of the 2 pages of repliers even mentioned. If any of the repliers had said experience with the sten they would have at least touched on the importance of the stens ejector alignment and sensitivity to potential troubles if not welded correctly and with extreme care.
Also I just was noticing that several posts mentioned how the sten jams often. I found this to be untrue and would have to advise the ones saying such nonsense that if'n they ever do get a sten and learn how to shoot it that they remove the cosmoline it comes packed in and maybe it wont jam on them. :D
The sten mags are among the most reliable and plentiful hi-cap mags around. Hence the reason for the whole mac-10/11/12 magazine housing convertions popularity.
And one more thing I just had to touch on. A 22lr is an excellent round for a subgun, but not for someone looking to make a 22lr subgun firing from an open bolt as the stens do. Several reasons like magazine availaity and the fact that the 22lr is a rimfire round that doesnt lend itself to an open bolt style extrators function/feed system very reliably. It can be done. But as 22lr subs go , a closed bolt system is by far the way to go. Also how many high capacity 22lr mags are out there with a steel mag follower? Not very many. Bul=tler creek has the steel lips 25 rounder. But the rest are all shitty, like the double stack ramline mags that absoulutly refuse to cycle a semi auto reliably let alone to feed a submachine pistol/gun worth a damn.

From what I read on the sten post only 1 or 2 of the people posting about the topic actually spoke like they knew from hands on experience and a whole lot of people that obviously have yet to build the butt ugly, yet rugged and reliable sten mk.2 or mk.5 .

I just thought I'd ask this here as to why the delay on my posts appearance? :confused:
On the subject of submachine guns , especially the stens, I could go on all day and know exactly what I'm talking about. Now when someone starts a sterling 9mm post ....well , lets just say I'd have to give it a few months to discect and confidently break the sterlings improvements over its predecessor the sten.

But cosmetically the sterling 9mm looks and feels so much nicer than the sten.
Lastly.....the thumbhole and skeleton stocks are both shit. Anyone who actually owned a sten would have mentioned how they scrapped the original shit stock it came with and fitted their sten with the british para pistol grip. ;)

I think this belongs more or less in the improvised weapons forum under the sten pmjb thread.

Anthony
January 13th, 2005, 07:01 PM
With regards to the delay in newbie posts showing up, read the announcements.

Your post to the sten thread was not in the authorisation queue. It possibly got canned due to spelling/grammar, or your insistence on making your posts "all the colours of the rainbow!"...

Resubmit the post, and it should well appear.

kbk
January 13th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I have a question too, why does it say I've made only 2 posts if I have made over 5?..I really like these boards as well they are really nice!

festergrump
January 13th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Granted you never read the announcement that Kingspaz put at the top of the Water Cooler section, but your post in the Sticky: "Newbies: How did you find The Forum?" thread IMHO was just smug.

Dont believe me.... or for whatever reason you dont see fit to include my 1st post on Sten gun construction.....that'll be yours and all those who were asking about it's constructions loss. Not mine. Everyone who's ever either built one or two or assisted a title II manufacturer in doing so would agree with everything I had included as pre-warnings about the stens main and only real drawback...The spent shell ejector.

Or how about this smugness: Yeah yeah, I seen the Fully auto 12 gauge thread...

If you are so full of knowledge of this (these) weapons (and I am not doubting that you are) why would you not just write it off as we weren't interested or even e-mail a Mod before posting that the knowledge you tried to post was not appreciated and thus never put up by them? Are we wasting your time? Did this Forum e-mail you and beg you for your input? Why didn't you try again WITHOUT colorful text? If your post in the above mentioned thread(s) gives any insight as to your attitude toward posting here, I can see a short life for you at RS.

You Joined on January 7th, 2005. You posted your first post just two days after and another that same day. You posted another time on the 10th and once again on the 11th. Did someone NOT read the rules, or do they just not apply to you? I'm getting the impression that your presence here is to TEACH us and not LEARN WITH US...

I can guarantee you that this Forum will not miss someone who is smug and insistant.

My two cents, anyway. Like it, love it, hate it... I give you my opinion...

BTW,

I think this belongs more or less in the improvised weapons forum under the sten pmjb thread.
This belongs wherever the Mods deem it fit. (good choice posting it in the WC, though... WTF is with this guy? :confused: )

Rhadon
January 14th, 2005, 12:29 PM
kbk: The reason is that posts made in the Water Cooler don't count to your total post count, and you only made two posts outside of the Water Cooler.