View Full Version : 50%h202

shady mutha
January 30th, 2001, 04:35 PM
You can buy 50% h202 at hydroponic plant shops.In australia the product is called oxy-plus.It says to be used as a oxygeniser and sanitiser for hydroponic systems.It costs $16 for 500ml.Can someone most the best mix ratios for a.p and hmtd using the 50%.Have fun.

ALENGOSVIG1
January 30th, 2001, 05:02 PM
You suouldnt use more than 30% h202. u wont get anymore yeild than with 50%. Just dilute it to 30% by adding water. you can search for information on calculating the amount of water to be added. i'm too rushed to post it now.

------------------
Explosives Archive (http://surf.to/alexplo)

[This message has been edited by ALENGOSVIG1 (edited February 08, 2001).]

Donutty
January 30th, 2001, 05:20 PM
The same is available (Oxy+) in UK but at 17.5%. It's also cheaper because it has less H2O2.

shady mutha
January 31st, 2001, 04:32 PM
The 50% kick ass!Ive got so much ap its funny and the 50% makes the shit so fast.I let off a 2 kilo ap charge unconfined it detonated and shattered the concrete bolck i tested it on.I get one jar full in 5 mins i filter that,back in the fridge 2 houurs later I have another jar full.I have to throw the shit away I have so much!So the point is 50%h202 is fucking great.

J
January 31st, 2001, 05:14 PM
2Kg? On Megalomanias sight it says that if a large amount is made, the weight of the crystals could cause the AP to detonate. Does anybody with experience in making AP know if making this much would be possible?

J

radar
January 31st, 2001, 07:55 PM
Yeah when I make it I make large amounts, I use bacaquil it is 30% h2o2, and when I make large amounts I actually squeeze it in a ball to wring the water out, it won't go off from its weight unless you have like a ton or two probably.

the freshmaker
February 1st, 2001, 09:45 AM
to Shady mutharfucker.

there are 2 possibilities...

http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/mad.gif You were lucky and you are the dumbets person ever existed on this planet.

http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/mad.gif http://theforum.virtualave.net/ubb/mad.gifYou are keWlish and think it is cool to make up such a story (I don't think u are!)

I is NOT possible to have 2kg of AP in the same place!

------------------
You can't survive the life!

[This message has been edited by the freshmaker (edited February 01, 2001).]

shady mutha
February 1st, 2001, 05:44 PM
Who says its dangerous?I have read nothing about it detonating from its own weight.What about pressing ap?Isnt that putting presure on it?Since I have so much a.p I have conducted heaps of tests.I have poked a small pile with a red hot skewer[just blew it out}and it didnt go off.Ive thrown a pipe full,full pelt at a wall and it didnt go off{I had cover}So before you start talking shit,do some tests of your own.

Anthony
February 1st, 2001, 07:11 PM
Did you actually weigh the stuff (dry)? Because dry AP is quite volumous, 2kg will in no way fit into your average sized jam jar.

J
February 2nd, 2001, 06:53 AM
OK, assuming you are telling the truth, have you no common sense? How do you know that this batch you have made wasn't less sensitive than usual? Do some searches through the archives, there are posts made by people who have had particulary sensitive batches. It can be set off from the heat of a table lamp, that was a very recent post.

Pressing AP is putting pressure on it. Has it occured to you that other people on the forum are taking huge risks? Or perhaps they carried out the tests safely, behind a blast screen with remotely controlled equipment (which I doubt).

Where did you get the instructions to make it? You obviously haven't read Megalomanias page, otherwise you'de have read that it can be set off by its own weight.

J

------------------
"If the aquarium water has to be drunk don't waste the fish. In fact they'll probably be the easiest to eat even if you don't need the water. The cat is next in the pot." - John 'Lofty' Wiseman

shady mutha
February 2nd, 2001, 05:55 PM
O.K. fair enough its dangerous,These are some of the tests I have done on ap.
Impact tests.I rigged a rope with a engine block over a tree branch and droped it from different hights onto different sized piles of ap.didnt detonate untill it was droped from about 1 metre.
I have left ap in the sun on a 40.c day.no detonation
I have left ap in a car for 3 days in extreme heat.no detonation.
Whem fuses have gone out I have thrown the containers agaist walls the road all with no detonation.There is no doubt ap is a very dangerous substance and will kill you easily but it nowhere as unstable as people are saying.I have had no problems with a.p and i have been making it for about 2 years.

simply RED
February 2nd, 2001, 07:21 PM
The biggest charge of clear AP I've detonated is 150 grams(weighted), I dont't know if it's been suicidal to make and use such ammount, but I did and had no problems with it. I make AP from 1 year and still I've had no problem with it...Very small quantity blew up once in my hands, but I had lighted it with a match!

the freshmaker
February 8th, 2001, 05:18 PM
So you didn't have any problems with it, huh!
NO SHIT sherlock! if you had a problem you wouldn't be here today...........

^Stay red^

------------------
You can't survive the life!

Mick
February 8th, 2001, 05:43 PM
i don't think AP is as sensitive as some people make out

but i reckon it all depends how good your AP is too

i've had batches, where i can absolutly smash this shit out of a little pile with a hammer, and it simple won't go off

and yet, other batches i only have to feather touch it with a hammer and it goes off with a sharp crack...

but shady, you sound a touch too kewlish for me i'm afraid...
you say you hosted an engine block and dropped it on your AP?
er..yeah..righty o...what was the block from?(what sort of car) and have you ever heard of an amazing invention called a HAMMER?

and if you left your AP in a car for 3 days and it didn't go off, your AP sucks ASS! in which case, using oxy+ is obviously a waste of time, because its so dam insensitive...

vehemt
February 8th, 2001, 08:54 PM
Mick you said it yourself. It is due to the sheer unpredictable nature of acetone peroxide that makes it dangerous. Just because in one instance it seems "relatively safe" does not mean it will always be that way everytime.

Mick
February 8th, 2001, 09:55 PM
hmm...i did kinda contradict myself there didn't i..

altho people overrate how sensitive AP is, there will always be a batch of AP that requires that extra bit of care.

getting into the practice of thinking "bah! AP isn't that sensitive...i can trow it around it still won't go off"
may work 90% of the time, but one day there will be a batch of AP that doesn't like that way of thinking...

ah fuck it...its a waste of time explaining to you kewlio idiots...your either full of bullshit, and don't do have the shit you reckon you've done, or you do acctualy do what you say you've done - in either case, your fuck wits
and i for one am sick of explaining to these idiots "basic safety" and "why you don't smoke next to the beaker of nitro" and "no, you can't make C4 from toothpaste and bubblegum - despite what Totse says.." etc etc etc

something needs to be put on the forum entry page(http://surf.to/theforum) about reading makeshift arsenal, and searching the forum before asking questions

bah!...just having one of those days today...
everything i do, see, touch and hear is pissing me off....

i dunno why i just blab'd all that out, i doesn't really apply to this topic...but i need to vent...so there it is

eh

[This message has been edited by Mick (edited February 08, 2001).]

frostfire
February 8th, 2001, 11:16 PM
never say the exact sensitivity of AP until you try making it with lab grade stuff (pro analis)
the reason there're so many sensitivity result out there is because of the impurities in the material, either the acid(HCL/H2SO4), the peroxide (oxy-plus bla-bla-bla) or the acetone itself

Alchemist
February 8th, 2001, 11:56 PM
Hello shady mutha and others,

As Vehemt,Mick, and etc. have said AP is VERY
unpredictable! That's exactly why the Military (goverments) do not use it! As stated, and this can not be stated too many times. You can make AP 1000 times and it may seem safe, but that 1001 bath blows your hand off or kills ya! It can DETONATE at times for no apparent reasion at all!

P.S., All nebies should copy this entire page and keep it for future referance!

alchemist_0@hotmail.com

------------------

shady mutha
February 9th, 2001, 03:14 AM
I found out why it was not detonating from the engine I had the a.p on a book cover,It seems that this soft surface affected the tests,as when I swaped the book for a slab of marble it detonated from very short drops anything over about 10cm.

Mick
February 9th, 2001, 08:35 AM
ah FFS...

okay, heres the facts
the smallest/lightest engine block i can think off the top of my head is a 1976 toyota carolla - which wieghs in at just under 100kg
now, if you were to hoist this(yeah right) and drop it from a hieght of roughly 1 metre, the impact force would be somewhere near 140-150kgs.

now, having a pile of AP on a book cover, and dropping 140kgs on means the AP is going to detonate, and you going to have a big fucken dent in your book.

poeple is it just me or is this just to KEWL!

seriously people?...is it just me, or does hoisting an engine block to test your AP just a little to far pitched?

OMFG! someone kill me if this ain't kewl...

Captain Nuke
February 9th, 2001, 05:39 PM
I think it depends on the internal structure of the AP crystals how easy they can be detonated. This is something that you can't predict, and so it is absolutely crazy to make this much of AP and put it together.

ALENGOSVIG1
February 10th, 2001, 05:52 PM
If you make acetone peroxide properly, it is not excessively sensitive. I wash my ap in about 1 litre of water, then sodium bicarb solution, then water 2 more times. It is realtively safe after that. I never used to wash my AP with that much water or any bicarb, and it was much more sensitive to impact and friction.i used to be able to put at in tin foilf balls with ball berring, and launch them onto a pile of sand with a slingshot. They'd explode on inpact. Try that after washing with sodium bicarb and that much water and they will almost never go off. They usually wont even go off when they hit a steel plate. But still treat ap with alot of respect. remember "technology is a wonderful servant, but a bitch of a master" same goes With acetone peroxide and explosoves in general.

------------------------------
without evil, there is no good

[This message has been edited by ALENGOSVIG1 (edited February 10, 2001).]

Fingerless
August 26th, 2001, 03:21 PM
The moderator for the ballistics forum on TOTSE made it pounds at a time. (He also is no longer the mod after he got sent to jail for explosive endeavors)

Anthony
August 26th, 2001, 06:01 PM
Oh, if a kewl idiot on TOTSE does it then it *must* be safe [rolleyes]

Fingerless
August 27th, 2001, 12:00 AM
Nice generalization. Pretty true except in a few cases. There are some military EODs and a couple of smart people on TOTSE. ANwyays, the mod goes by the name The Real (I think he came here too) and he was quite bright. Came up with quite a few variations and ways to increase yield. HE derived a formula for Ap where a pound could be made in 90 minutes, safely, for $8 worth of supplies. 8 bucks a pound aint bad, eh? But hes just another "kewl" idiot. What have you dont for the evolution of homemade explosives?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Anthony:
Oh, if a kewl idiot on TOTSE does it then it *must* be safe [rolleyes]</font>

Fingerless
August 27th, 2001, 12:04 AM
Still, just because there are a few occasional EOD's and a spare few intelligent people, I advise no one to even read TOTSE text files unless for a damn good laugh! And take anything you read on the message boards with a grain of salt. Its really not worth your time, unless you talk to a EOD or The Real. But hes gone, carless bastard got caught with AP or something. Maybe hes not so smart. Anwyays, I was just sticking up for the real. for the most part the totse generlizations are 100% true......
For the sake of your fingers or life dont use text files on totse.......EVER

Mick
August 27th, 2001, 12:12 AM
"What have you dont(done?) for the evolution of homemade explosives?"
plently more then totse..thats for sure.
for example, i devised a way to keep all ten fingers(it was achived by not reading/doing anything on totse.)

jesus christ this thread is old

Anthony
August 27th, 2001, 02:19 AM
Anyone smart on TOTSE should be directed here to theforum, their knowledge, time and patience are wasted at TOTSE.

I'm amazed anyone whose IQ isn't closely rivalled by your average glass of water can stand TOTSE for the few days it'd take to become a mod!

Mr Cool
August 27th, 2001, 10:32 AM
He made a pound of CTAP in 90 minutes, for $8 did he? How did he prove this to you? And you can't claim that he invented a new method surely, he just altered the normal one, IF he did anything at all. And if he was that great, I doubt he'd be messing with pounds of CTAP, and he really shouldn't have been stupid enough to get caught.

Sounds like a kewlo idiot to me.

Fingerless
August 27th, 2001, 06:26 PM
27% hydrogen peroxide (Baquacil bought by the case-you can get about 5 gallons for 80 bucks if you look.)
98% Sulfuric acid bought in bulk
Acetone

Your right, it wasn't a "new" recipe, I think basically he used a lot of acid to catalyze the reaction faster. He never revealed anything else. He didnt want to mention much, probablly wasnt much to it. LOL, there have been several EOD's on totse, I suppose everyone on here is more knowledgable than they are as well? As well as the few professional blasters on TOTSE, what does a four year degree studying explosives and how they react mean, right? A few text files read after high school classes get out and we know more than anyone!

He was caught when his apartment burned down and the fire department came. He evacuated the premises and told everyone he had explosives do they wouldnt mess around and get hurt. At least some people have a little Nobility, I imagine many people on here would run like little bitches.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mr Cool:
He made a pound of CTAP in 90 minutes, for $8 did he? How did he prove this to you? And you can't claim that he invented a new method surely, he just altered the normal one, IF he did anything at all. And if he was that great, I doubt he'd be messing with pounds of CTAP, and he really shouldn't have been stupid enough to get caught.

Sounds like a kewlo idiot to me.</font>

Anthony
August 27th, 2001, 10:08 PM
Now, IIRC Pyro500 was the first person to use Baquacil to make AP after discovering it was a cheap source of concentrated H2O2. TheReal was posting on this forum at that time.

It is possible that he got the idea from here and took it back to TOTSE.

Or it could be a coincidence.

I thought TheReal was an ok person, seemed quite smart, but making and storing 1pound+ quantities of AP in your apartment isn't a great idea.

If stored properly then it would just deflagerate harmlessly in a fire. If not I'd get it before evacuating (might get hurt Vs. Prison - no contest). Or if it did explode I'd say I has some camping stove/blow torch gas canisters in there.

I'm surprised he went away considering he grassed on himself to stop other people getting hurt.