View Full Version : Free access to the FTP...

megalomania
January 18th, 2005, 03:36 PM
... to the first person who uploads, or tells me where to download The Combined Chemical Dictionary. Allow me to make it easier by saying there is a known release called "The.Combined.Chemical.Dictionary.2002.v6.1-EATiSO"

I can't seem to find it myself :mad: FTP access is unrestricted leech, and open to all regardless of membership status or post count.

FUTI
January 18th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Only thing that I found so far was linked to this page http://www.freewebs.com/crackcn/othersoft.htm
but it is useless.

It seems that online database exist on http://www.chemnetbase.com/scripts/ccdweb.exe
but I guess you wanted to use it in privacy and anonimously so it seems I missed again. It requires a plug-in.

I will look some more latter I have two antique PCs to fix, and make them work something worth my effort on rebuilding them from waste parts.

cursed-flesh
January 18th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I don't suppose the database could be webzipped? Or is there something here I'm missing? I've tried pretty much every P2P network but to no avail.

Gedi
January 18th, 2005, 10:45 PM
That one will be hard, but I'll check some of the archive FTP's and a few groups.

The hunt is on.

megalomania
January 18th, 2005, 11:43 PM
I have been to chemnetbase, but it is not exactly free... Heavins forbid there be some free knowledge! That's what we are for :D

rational611
January 19th, 2005, 05:32 AM
I tried downloading from the ftp. I was able to access the ftp but am unable to download anything from any of the folders. The error message says "Permission denied".
Has anybody been successful in downloading from the ftp?

herminiano
January 19th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Hi Megalomanía!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is good to see you again in the fight!!!!
Everyone happy with te "return of Babba Yaga".

I have a question: since two days i see "the fight" returns, but is not clear the "Ftp access policiy". If the leyend "Permision deniel" appear, is only (i believe) because the operational implementation of the entire site is no complete yet (i refer to reestructuration of subdirectores, access policies, blablabla).

I agree with you that is impossible to build an "optimum system". But, i believe that the "old system" (ID &pwd) is still the best.

Both the "care and maintenance" of the files into the subdirectories and the upload of the "truly" files, are better considered with this system (i think...)

What do yo think about this?

Same question to the rest of the crew!!!!

Is god to see you again fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!

herminiano

megalomania
January 19th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Yes, the FTP has been restricted to allow for a restructuring and reoriginazation of the files along with renaming of vague files and combining of split files. Once the reorg is complete we will be going to a username/password based system for individual members. Only the newest uploaded files as yet to be organized can be downloaded by anonymous users.

Ratio accounts just perpetuate dupe files since we are runing out of things that can be uploaded (say it isn't so!). Total leech access risks publication to warez boards and attracts users who don't even know about The Forum. Password access rewards contributing members by giving them first crack and encourages other members to upload unique content.

Gedi
January 23rd, 2005, 12:27 AM
May not be the same, but I do have Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook 7th edition ISO. I could upload that if you are interested.

teshilo
January 23rd, 2005, 07:19 AM
As soon new system acces to the FTP work? And small question ,as get acces to re-organised ftp, but I had password from old system he will changed or that? :eek: :eek:

megalomania
January 23rd, 2005, 01:42 PM
I found a website that is selling the The.Combined.Chemical.Dictionary.2002.v6.1-EATiSO file. They quoted me a price of $90 to get the thing! As much as it loathes me to have to pay that is certainly cheaper than the $6000-$7000 price tag of the original.

So, who wants to make me a friend for life and buy the thing?

IPN
January 23rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
What is it exactly? Something like The Merck Index?

DimmuJesus
January 23rd, 2005, 02:25 PM
Mega, while searching around I came across this file: ullmanns.encyclopedia.of.industrial.chemistry.2002 .6th.edition-eatiso_by.lynsch.rar
Any possibility that this is the same thing as what you are looking for?

WMD
January 23rd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Mega, while searching around I came across this file: ullmanns.encyclopedia.of.industrial.chemistry.2002 .6th.edition-eatiso_by.lynsch.rar
Any possibility that this is the same thing as what you are looking for?

While I'm not Mega, I can asure you that Ullmanns is something different and already on the ftp.

megalomania
January 23rd, 2005, 06:05 PM
The Ullmanns Encyclopedia is something completly different.

darkdontay
January 24th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Hey meg is our old accounts from the most recent last server still active or do we need new ones?... I would liker to renew my membership if needed :)

hey on a side note I just got droped off to me a old videophone form 86.. does not have all the need stuff with it to send or recive.. ie the [com] phone line adapters or another unit, but I'm currerntly using the aux video input fuction on stream and palying the Nin Gamecube on it with piping the audio through my bass head and then to my bass speakers.. I just find it funny, it has awsome color quality for grey scale but I think that is because it is a crt and not just a standard NSTC tv screen.. inway I just thought that was funny and was sharing that little bit of humor

megalomania
January 29th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Happy day, happy day. Malte wins the prize by uploading The Combined CHemical Dictionary :D