View Full Version : Firefox

tmp
January 25th, 2005, 01:41 PM
FireFox, a supplier of pyrotechic materials, is being taken to court by
the U.S. government's Consumer Products Safety Commission. The
goal is to limit or ban sales of pyrotechnic chemicals and fuse to
pyro amateurs who do not possess the BATFE high explosives license.
Another assault on chemists and pyros by our glorious federal
government. All opinions(mostly derisive I expect) are welcome.

megalomania
January 25th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Ahh yes, lets limit the rights of a responsible group of knowledgable amatuers because of what some idiotic kewls have done. They do the same with guns by making it harder for law abiding gun owners to get guns because of what some criminal niggers do with illegally obtained guns.

Since they can't do anything about illegal fireworks they might as well go after someone they can get, a responsible company and its responsible customer base. The BATF has to justify its budget somehow, and this kind of stunt looks good to the media because it gives them the appearance of cracking down.

The sheeple may be fooled, but we know the odds of some bomber going through the bother of ordering chemicals from a pyro house to make some bomb is almost nil. But to the sheeple it looks like action.

In the mean time the real terrorists will be getting their explosives from old Soviet stockpiles and smuggling them through Mexico. They will get their drugs from South America and smuggle them through mexico.

They only people who are affected by these laws are the sheeple themselves. Well then, now we all have one more excuse to get a BATF license. They still have to issue you one if you pony up the fee (unless you are a felon or retard).

tmp
January 25th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Mega, the CPSC wants to limit the purchase of fuse to 25 feet per year.
I've got almost 1000 feet right now(sell it at gun shows). This is my 2nd
roll. I just ordered another roll(1000 feet) for "personal" use. About 40
years worth by the limitations they want to impose. Too late FUCKERS !
I advise anybody wanting pyro material to order it now before the
bastards can get to court !

Silentnite
January 25th, 2005, 03:05 PM
So the thing is. I wasn't going to purchase a lot of supplies. But then they do this, forcing me to buy More so I don't have to deal with the hassle. So I will effectively be stockpiling. How is this effective?

Speaking of which... I wonder how quickly the budget would get back under control if we did away with the pointless arms of the government. And by did away I mean a publically mandated vote to rectify the constitional injustices we've had to sustain.

Skean Dhu
January 25th, 2005, 04:09 PM
You would have thought the National Government learned its lesson after the 18th Amendmant banning the sale and consumption of alcohol, if someone wants it bad enough they can and will get it. Also irate pyro radicals will be able to stir up more trouble than any belligerant drunk ever could. Which then causes another 'crack-down' and more irate radicals.....lather, rinse, repeat

Any pyro whos worth his/her powder can improvise something as simple as fuse, i mean the chineese sweat shops just use a couple layers of tissue paper and some BP and there ya go. While they're at it they better ban: resistors, batteries, kraft paper, white school glue, light bulbs, estes rocket packs, and bell wire. I mean if we're doing this for the children we had better do it right, theres no sense in making laws only to go back and amend the hell out of them to prevent people from hurting themselves.

10th cenetury technology works just as well now as it did then

Mumble
January 25th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I really don't see how this will ever pass. To my knowledge they can't just restrict materials to one VERY small community and sell them just like normal in the other communites. It looks like every farmer in america will be needed a BATFE Type 20 licence and an expensive magazine.

I will be able to survive without the easy access to chemicals. My colorings will be greatly restricted though. There will be a lot of Orange, yellows and whites coming from me. It looks like it is a good thing I went and bought some nice delicious bulk chemicals this summer.

FrankRizzo
January 26th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Regarding magazines:

Those of you who live in PA and either own or plan to build an explosives magazine (necessary for the storage of finished pyro also), will be 'happy' to note that the attorney general has just passed 'homeland security' legislation that will require some pretty outlandish security measures (two perimeter fences, concertina wire, 24-hr inventory, placards detailing magazine contents (very smart), etc.). It's been kept pretty hush-hush.

You can read all the latest info by going to the IME's site.

http://www.ime.org/

megalomania
January 27th, 2005, 12:45 AM
In the mean time you can buy gunpowder at Wal-Mart :rolleyes:

tmp
January 27th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Yep, I can buy all the smokeless and blackpowder that I want with no
questions asked. IIRC, the smokeless powder pipe bomb was the
Unabomber's favorite IED. Bureaucrats are so fucking useless !

bipolar
February 1st, 2005, 09:26 PM
I don't see what the deal is with a high explosives license and pyrotechnics. Aren't all pyrotechnics low explosives? I know BATFE offers licenses for low explosives too as well as blasting agents. I thought a high explosives license would be for like making RDX and stuff, not flash powder.

Mumble
February 1st, 2005, 11:49 PM
The only thing you would possibly need a type 20 for is bulk salutes. Bulk salutes are classified as HE's. Basically bulk is anything over 50mg on the ground, and 150mg in the air. Not to bulk if you ask me.

You may need the type 20 for a few chems like Ammonium Perchlorate and flash aluminum powder. When I happen to get licenced I will probably go ahead and get the type 20 as the regulations are not that much stiffer and provide me with access to Al powder, which I use for a lot more than flash.

There is actually a licence for just display fireworks(type 50). That doesn't cut it for some places I hear though. You are better off getting the type 20 or 21.