View Full Version : how far away is safe?

you go boom
March 6th, 2003, 10:07 AM
how far would ap or iron + ammonium nitrate be heard, because i dont want to get caught. like say for a small amount, like a ping pong ball size, and if say i use 2 ping pong balls worth, if it will be heard twice as far away.

plz help

a_bab
March 6th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Well, although you signed up 4 months ago, it was supposed to post several (good) replyes before your first topic. Now You 'll Go Doom(ed).

<small>[ March 06, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: a_bab ]</small>

Kriegsminister
March 6th, 2003, 12:31 PM
There are a lot of factors that will influence the distance soundwaves of an explosion will travel.
Some examples are the terrain, weather, wind, length of the soundwaves, type of explosive and amount.
So you can not easily determine how far an explosion can be heared. Just be as far away as possible if you don't want anyone to hear your booms.

<small>[ March 06, 2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Kriegsminister ]</small>

PEROMAN
March 6th, 2003, 03:37 PM
No.
If you use 2 ping pong balls worth, it will be heard sqr(2) times as far away. (sqr(2) = 1.414)
If you use N balls , it will be heard sqr(N) times far away

But , if you stay the same distance(from N balls and 1 ball) the explosion from N balls will be N times louder then from 1 ball

A-BOMB
March 6th, 2003, 04:01 PM
And what unit of measurment are you useing if you measure your charges in ping-pong ball. You could of atleast used cups or grams, but ping-pong balls :rolleyes:

kingspaz
March 6th, 2003, 05:16 PM
what the fuck is this?!
you go boom, seriously how the hell can you expect us to take you seriously when you have obviously not read the rules, read the forum or done any sort of research into the topic?
if you use a ping pong ball of an AN based explosive the chances are its not going to have a full detonation unless heavily laced with APthe easiest way not to get caught would be to not do it...or do it underwater :rolleyes:

you go boom? i'm sure you will and tarnish our good name in doing so.

end of so called topic

<small>[ March 06, 2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: kingspaz ]</small>