View Full Version : torrent: Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology

megalomania
April 16th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Dialog, a leading provider of online-based information services and a subsidiary of The Thomson Corporation (TSE:TOC), has launched a new DVD title in collaboration with John Wiley & Sons, called The Kirk Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, 4th Edition. The edition describes the theory and practice of chemical engineering, the industrial production and uses of chemical materials, and basic subjects of chemistry. It is commonly accepted as the standard reference work on any chemical topic or industry.

The single DVD contains the full text of the entire 27-volume hard copy equivalent, including over 16,000 images, photos, and illustrations; 1,250 articles; 6,000 tables; and more than 8,300 chemical and mathematical equations. A powerful index (unique to Kirk Othmer on DVD and with almost 100,000 terms), advanced search forms, and the facility to search for common chemical properties complement the authoritative and comprehensive analysis.

Already available on CD-ROM and now on DVD, both exclusively from Dialog, the Kirk Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, 4th Edition, offers end-users and information professionals desktop access to the 25 volumes, supplement, and index, which can be cross-referenced by the use of hypertext links. User benefits include:

* browsing across multiple volumes in seconds
* viewing and enlarging photographs, charts, graphs, figures, and tables on the screen
* printing illustrations
* cross-referencing using existing hyperlinks or by creating their own hyperlink strategies
* bookmarking, recording, and saving search strategies for future use.

"I asked our developers to produce the very best product for this industry that technology can offer us," said Sjoerd Vogt, general manager of the OnDisc division of Dialog. "I"m very pleased to say that they have succeeded."

All Dialog OnDisc® CD-ROMs are compatible with DOS, Macintosh, Windows, or Web platforms and can be loaded and accessed in a variety of ways to suit the organization or individual user. Single or multiple CD-ROMs can be used via a Web browser over an organization's intranet, using the company's Dialog@Site™ intranet software. Kirk Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, 4th Edition on DVD, costs $9,995, or $8,995 for print subscribers.

The torrent is a 496 MB rar file containing a bin and cue CD image.

megalomania
Dialog, a leading provider of online-based information services and a subsidiary of The Thomson Corporation (TSE:TOC), has launched a new DVD title in collaboration with John Wiley & Sons, called The Kirk Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, 4th Edition. The edition describes the theory and practice of chemical engineering, the industrial production and uses of chemical materials, and basic subjects of chemistry. It is commonly accepted as the standard reference work on any chemical topic or industry.

The single DVD contains the full text of the entire 27-volume hard copy equivalent, including over 16,000 images, photos, and illustrations; 1,250 articles; 6,000 tables; and more than 8,300 chemical and mathematical equations. A powerful index (unique to Kirk Othmer on DVD and with almost 100,000 terms), advanced search forms, and the facility to search for common chemical properties complement the authoritative and comprehensive analysis.

Already available on CD-ROM and now on DVD, both exclusively from Dialog, the Kirk Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, 4th Edition, offers end-users and information professionals desktop access to the 25 volumes, supplement, and index, which can be cross-referenced by the use of hypertext links. User benefits include:

* viewing and enlarging photographs, charts, graphs, figures, and tables on the screen
* printing illustrations
* cross-referencing using existing hyperlinks or by creating their own hyperlink strategies

"I asked our developers to produce the very best product for this industry that technology can offer us," said Sjoerd Vogt, general manager of the OnDisc division of Dialog. "I"m very pleased to say that they have succeeded."

All Dialog OnDisc® CD-ROMs are compatible with DOS, Macintosh, Windows, or Web platforms and can be loaded and accessed in a variety of ways to suit the organization or individual user. Single or multiple CD-ROMs can be used via a Web browser over an organization's intranet, using the company's Dialog@Site™ intranet software. Kirk Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, 4th Edition on DVD, costs $9,995, or $8,995 for print subscribers.

megalomania

* printing illustrations

delta_acrylate
April 19th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Thank you Mega!!!!!!, its all I can say.

Finally I can have this magnificent encyclopedia, and stop saving for buying it.

In Latin America this encyclopedia cost $100,000 - 110,000 pesos like $11,000 usd

Thanks a LOT!!!!

delta_acrylate

Finally I can have this magnificent encyclopedia, and stop saving for buying it.

In Latin America this encyclopedia cost $100,000 - 110,000 pesos like $11,000 usd

Thanks a LOT!!!!

delta_acrylate

Thanks a LOT!!!!