View Full Version : Severe problems in accessing and using the FTP

Bugger
May 30th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Since the RogueSci site and FTP came back on line a few days ago, after an outage of several days, I have encountered severe problems in accessing and using the FTP site. Firstly, it has now become impossible to view the contents of it, with either a DSL or a dialup connection (one gives the result "this page is unavailable" and the other "you are not authorized to view this page" or "403 forbidden"), with or without connecting using a proxy server. Prior to this, it was possible to view the contents only with a DSL connection. Secondly, it has now become possible to download from it only with a slow dialup connection, which I am able to do using Getright only with no proxy server and the PASV mode turned off. I was able to reference a few of the files using Getright before the FTP's contents ceased to be viewable, and it is these ones that I am now downloading.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing, and what can be done about it?

Bugger
Since the RogueSci site and FTP came back on line a few days ago, after an outage of several days, I have encountered severe problems in accessing and using the FTP site. Firstly, it has now become impossible to view the contents of it, with either a DSL or a dialup connection (one gives the result "this page is unavailable" and the other "you are not authorized to view this page" or "403 forbidden"), with or without connecting using a proxy server. Prior to this, it was possible to view the contents only with a DSL connection. Secondly, it has now become possible to download from it only with a slow dialup connection, which I am able to do using Getright only with no proxy server and the PASV mode turned off. I was able to reference a few of the files using Getright before the FTP's contents ceased to be viewable, and it is these ones that I am now downloading.

Bugger

Ropik
May 31st, 2005, 01:36 PM
I noticed that I'm unable to connect at all, whichever connection I use, regardless of amount of fiddling with my settings.

Ropik
I noticed that I'm unable to connect at all, whichever connection I use, regardless of amount of fiddling with my settings.

Ropik

Third_Rail
June 24th, 2005, 01:08 PM
I cannot access the FTP either. I think perhaps it is gone for the time being? Or has the address changed...?

Third_Rail
June 24th, 2005, 01:08 PM
I cannot access the FTP either. I think perhaps it is gone for the time being? Or has the address changed...?