View Full Version : What happened to Sciencemadness?

Davo
July 19th, 2005, 06:13 AM
very bad news,
if you take a look at www.sciencemadness.org it has become a page about home loans. I have a very bad feeling that something bad has happened here, quite possibly involving a government hand or Idefenceless.
I also heard a rumour on SBS news tonight that the UK's proposed anti-terror laws plan to restrict E&W knowledge.

My friends the crackdown could be coming, but we won't go down without a fight. Make damm sure scientific and EW knowledge stays around for your children and grandchildren to enjoy, and don't let our democracy be destroyed by a bunch of evil ragheads and politicians and ignorant sheeple.

Is anyone from sciencemadness here able to explain what happened?

Davo
July 19th, 2005, 06:13 AM
very bad news,
if you take a look at www.sciencemadness.org it has become a page about home loans. I have a very bad feeling that something bad has happened here, quite possibly involving a government hand or Idefenceless.
I also heard a rumour on SBS news tonight that the UK's proposed anti-terror laws plan to restrict E&W knowledge.

My friends the crackdown could be coming, but we won't go down without a fight. Make damm sure scientific and EW knowledge stays around for your children and grandchildren to enjoy, and don't let our democracy be destroyed by a bunch of evil ragheads and politicians and ignorant sheeple.

Is anyone from sciencemadness here able to explain what happened?

Davo
July 23rd, 2005, 12:21 PM
Sorry about the above post, it appears sciencemadness is working now
I think it was a DNS hack from some k3wl, I tried entering their IP into firefox and got there ok but strangely enough if I typed the url it took me to a home loan site
anyways it's fixed now, at least in Australia.

Nevertheless the issue of a govenment crackdown on free thought is still a major issue and something we should all be prepared for.

Davo
July 23rd, 2005, 12:21 PM
Sorry about the above post, it appears sciencemadness is working now
I think it was a DNS hack from some k3wl, I tried entering their IP into firefox and got there ok but strangely enough if I typed the url it took me to a home loan site
anyways it's fixed now, at least in Australia.

Nevertheless the issue of a govenment crackdown on free thought is still a major issue and something we should all be prepared for.

nbk2000
July 23rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Maybe you typed in www.sciencemadness.com and got that page, eh? :rolleyes:

nbk2000
July 23rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Maybe you typed in www.sciencemadness.com and got that page, eh? :rolleyes:

Bugger
September 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM
http://www.sciencemadness.org/ appears to be offline again, and has been apparently offline for the last 36 hours, since 31 August. Does anyone know what has happened to them? Has anyone been able to visit the Sciencemadness site in the last 1½ days? I do not discount the possibility that access to them from New Zealand has been "blocked"; if so, I will use proxy-servers to access the site.

Corona
September 1st, 2007, 04:45 PM
It is working fine from here (Pakistan). Problem is probably at your end.

Bugger
September 1st, 2007, 06:14 PM
Yes, I have just now been able to access Sciencemadness.org, - through a proxy-server located in Spain!! I found this proxy-server on http://www.samair.ru/proxy/ - Spanish proxy-servers are usually very good. IT THEREFORE APPEARS THAT EITHER GCSB (THE NEW ZEALAND ELECTRONIC SECRET POLICE) OR MY ISP, XTRA, ARE BLOCKING ACCESS TO IT!! Has anyone else in New Zealand, reading this, experienced inability to connect to Sciencemadness.org?

Kaydon
September 2nd, 2007, 01:10 AM
It works fine for me. I'm in the States.