View Full Version : full auto conversions

FrankCastle
August 1st, 2005, 04:29 PM
Anyone got any books (in digital format) of how to convert rifles to full auto? I've seen the paper versions for sale all over, but who wants the FBI watching them just for educational and entertainment purposes?

Third_Rail
August 4th, 2005, 05:16 PM
None of the books I've read describe easy ways to convert to FA safely. Do you have a machine shop?

FrankCastle
August 4th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Nope, sure don't. :(

But I do have some basic powertools, like a drill press, stone griding wheel, and couple of dremel tools.... plus everthing you would find a wood shop.

FrankCastle
August 4th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Wait, why would that matter? I only want to know for the sake of knowing. Not to actually do it.

bigbadgrinch
August 9th, 2005, 07:58 PM
There are plenty of resources for this stuff, and I believe this has been covered enough. www.fullautoglock.net used to sell a kit for glock firearms, until the owner was arrested. see http://www.clarin.com/diario/2004/10/01/policiales/g-05702.htm
use bablefish for translation. this information is all over the place for all types of firearms, I suggest you google.

Mr Science
September 11th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Here is a torrent I just made on that very subject, without the bother of having to purchase them. :)
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1344005/

Gimlet
September 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Here is a torrent I just made on that very subject, without the bother of having to purchase them. :)
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1344005/

Just downloaded it and it is a very interesting and informative set of manuals. Thanks.

Unfortunately the other torrents you link to on silencers etc. cannot be downloaded without a Demonoid account as they are too old, and accounts are presently closed.

Charles Owlen Picket
September 12th, 2007, 03:53 AM
IF you pay close attention to a video (I believe on the FTP) that deals w/ this issue the concept of a "fixed firing pin" concept is explored. The bolt on a 10/22 (just for example) is VERY easily modified via a piece of music wire to return and continue to process of the "open bolt" auto concept.
This is the same issue [conceptually] that plagued the owners of certain SKS rifles when the firing pin stayed open from lack of a (firing pin) return spring & dirt or other material in the firing-pin hole.

The needed modification would be very easy to accomplish. The problem aside from legality would be that the auto-firing mechanism would be uncontrollable. The bolt-slap continual firing would maintain itself until ammo was exhausted. But from a mechanical stand-point it is VERY easy to produce this effect.

indymuaddib
April 21st, 2008, 04:53 PM
most FA conversion are difficult to do because they require extensive modification of parts and manufacture of new parts.

the simplest conversion would be a M1 carbine to M2, requires the purchase of a hand full of non regulated parts and no modification to existing parts.

second easiest would be the AK but it requires that the triparm and bolt scallop be properly timed, difficult to perform without knowledge of the systems design and function.