View Full Version : torrent?

FUTI
August 11th, 2005, 02:44 PM
to Admins (Mega, NBK2000, anyone): Is our old torrent section active?
Is there any torrent distribution network of Forum files currently active?
I'm asking this because I saw that Opera will implement BitTorrent support so this would be a good reason for browser change if our torrent tracker is still alive.

This is OT but I have funny and slow connection right now, so I will aske here. My post count say "abc" for example, but if I do a search through a Forum search section I get "def". Now "def">"abc" and I'm confused. You guess right I was researching the amount of time I lost here:D. I'm going now since that paper I had due to write won't write itself instead of me doing that.

Chris The Great
August 13th, 2005, 04:08 AM
Water cooler posts do not count towards your post count, and are making the difference in the two numbers. If you did a search for your posts only in the Watercooler, the number of results should be the difference between the two.

FUTI
August 13th, 2005, 07:10 AM
333-72 isn't 242 what is my official post count - so I'm still confused. Same trouble I have with reputation count. It has a number of features like total points and reputation points - so I guess that reputation is an diference between pro - contra oppinions of somebodies posts.

Jacks Complete
August 13th, 2005, 07:59 AM
I think the reputation thing is a bit like eBay. You tend to get more credit for someone new giving an opinion than for a second vote from someone who already has, and the total is factored from positive and negative votes.

As for the post count, I think it is a bit messed up from some of the board upgrades.

FUTI
August 14th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks Jack then we solved the mistery of the minor issues...but the main problem is still awaiting answer. To torrent or not to torrent? - Hamlet like question.

Does anyone seeding anywhere files from here? If you won't post that openly on forum for snoops and kewls to see, then please send PM to me if you do so over some P2P network so that I can join.

Jacks Complete
August 15th, 2005, 01:26 PM
I'd run it, but I don't have the file!

All I ever got for that one was "Tracker down".

Skean Dhu
August 18th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I happend across this program today, and one of its features reminded me of this topic. I don't know if any of you have had any experience with this program, just something to mull over. http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

Silentnite
August 18th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Azuerus is bloated software. The best I've ever used has been BitTornado. Kinda crappy on the extra's side, but for just downloading and forgetting, Fuhgettaboutit.

Jacks Complete
August 21st, 2005, 08:02 PM
Azuerus is bloated software.But it sure is easy to use! And it doesn't care if you crash it. It's nothing a good modern machine can't handle, but it will seriously fuck up your bandwidth usages - it doesn't seem to work with any of the throttling, so you often find you are maxing your connection out, and can't do anything else, and nor can the other machines trying to use the same connection! The weird thing is, it still does this when you are using less than 10% of the bandwidth sometimes, and other times, you are pulling 110% and you can still browse...

The preview is handy, too. You can see if the file is what it is supposed to be before getting miles into it. And it lets you use multiple networks at once.

bonusiletisim
October 24th, 2005, 07:18 PM
I've downloaded 63% of the file , and It has stopped. There aren't any seeders who have the whole file. We need a permanent seeder.