View Full Version : AP with 35% H2O2 - Archive File

Anthony
March 17th, 2003, 08:10 PM
ALENGOSVIG1
posted January 14, 2001 06:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my friend, just finished adding the last ingrediant to his ap.. He made it with 200 ml of 35% h2o2, 360 ml of ecteone, and 60 ml of hydrochloric In an ice bath, He usually maked it with 6% with no prob but this time, when he added the last ingrediant it the reaction finished in 20 seconmds and then it boiled like a mother fucker! Is there anyway i can stop this voiling during the reaction?..its still boiling as i speak
------------------
Explosives Archive

radar
Frequent Poster
posted January 14, 2001 07:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
try adding about 40ml of acid, and next time, add the acid slowly to the mixture.

Anthony
posted January 14, 2001 07:27 PM
10-15ml of acid is plenty an add it drop by drop with the reactant vessel in an ice bath.

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted January 14, 2001 09:39 PM
Is it possible to use too much acid?

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted January 14, 2001 11:25 PM
how strong is the acid ALEN? i personally have seen, added to the mix, 32 % HCl, about 50 mls of it, all at once. the apple sauce jar only got slightly warm.
------------------
...Æ

ALENGOSVIG1
posted January 15, 2001 12:53 AM
28%
------------------
Explosives Archive

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted January 15, 2001 07:14 AM
hmmm... I use 30% h202, and about 50-60 ml 30% hlc. And have no problems with overheating/boiling.
Just add the acid slowly, in 3 parts while stiring

shady mutha
Frequent Poster
posted January 18, 2001 04:19 AM
I use 50%h2o2 and this brews up a coke can full in 45 mins.I have spilt the 50% on my bare hands and nothing happened except where I had touched the chemical my skin was bleached,this only lasted about 1 day.I have had this shit "boil like a muthafucker"as well.Now that I have let off some big blasts of ap I respect the shit a lot more.I nearly blew myself away.I took a pile of ap about the size of a apple and cramed it in a gap in a thick stone hut,anyway because I cramed the crystals in there was ap everywhere{Iwas in a rush}anyway to cut a long story short it detonated after I had take 2 steps towards cover I wasnt injured besides ringing ears but it scared the fuck out of me and took a square 20 to 30 cm of the wall out.

MasterMayhem
Frequent Poster
posted January 18, 2001 07:09 PM
where do you get the 50% h202 from?
And, shady be more carefull with ap

Donutty
Frequent Poster
posted January 19, 2001 04:52 PM
Huh! You get 50% H2O2 and make shit loads of AP and then end up dropping it all over the place, and I only get 17.5% and have to make every bit count! Some people...
P.S. Erm, maybe next time put it in a container!

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted January 20, 2001 10:09 AM
I ordered a quart of 30% H2O2 from Pyrotek and I got it 3 days ago the weird thing is that they sent it in a clear polyethylene container.
As soon as I opened the box I thought it was crazy and I put it in a quart size jar and taped the sides of the jar with duct tape and I stored it in my closet so it didn't lose its strength.

Microtek
Frequent Poster
posted January 20, 2001 01:42 PM
Why do you consider it strange to store H2O2 in polyethylene ? Where I buy mine, it's always sold that way.

Anthony
posted January 20, 2001 02:52 PM
His point was that the container was clear, exposing the H202 to the sunlight which decomposes it.

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted January 20, 2001 09:32 PM
yeah pyrotek was probably too busy to put it in amber or black HDPE so they just poured it in whatever was laying around.
I wouldn't be suprised if they sent it in a ziploc bag or a soda can the next time I order some.

the freshmaker
Frequent Poster
posted January 23, 2001 02:45 PM

I've used 40% H2O2 without any problems.
I use the hydrochloric method. What is the big difference - the acid only works as a catalyst for the reaction, right!?

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted January 23, 2001 02:56 PM
yes that is right. it is not consumed in the reaction it only speeds it up. i would suggest that everyone use HCl when they make AP, it works just as well as H2SO4 and it does not boil, hell it only gets slightly warm.
------------------
...Æ

ALENGOSVIG1
posted January 23, 2001 02:57 PM
HYDROCHLORIC WILL BOIL!
------------------
Explosives Archive

CragHack
Frequent Poster
posted January 23, 2001 05:11 PM
of course HCl(a) will boil, but when using 30mls of it to speed up an AP reaction, i have never experianced excess heat. (it gets slightly warm, but not boiling. the temp probably rises, about, 10 degrees C)
------------------
...Æ

ALENGOSVIG1
posted February 06, 2001 02:29 AM
I think there are some impurities in my HCl that caused it to boil perhaps. When i use 98% h2SO4 in an ice bath it never boils. I havent made ap for quite awhile. Just not fun anymore.

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted February 06, 2001 01:58 PM
Is it possible to use sulfuric rather than hydrochloric acid. And I have bin using the big book of big bang's method, the one where you add more h2o2 than acetone and my yields are well pittifull. How much difference will there be if i use the same volumes only swapping the chems around.
Thanks room.

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted February 06, 2001 02:00 PM
Is it possible to use sulfuric rather than hydrochloric acid. And I have bin using the big book of big bang's method, the one where you add more h2o2 than acetone and my yields are well pittifull. How much difference will there be if i use the same volumes only swapping the chems around.
Thanks room.

Anthony
posted February 06, 2001 02:21 PM
Use 6 times as much acetone as pure H2O2, you will get good yields with this method.
"the big book of big bangs" sound kinda kewl.

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted February 06, 2001 03:50 PM
I know this forum seems to have something against totse, but this is the only usefull thing i have found there. <a href="http://totse.com/en/bad_ideas/ka_fucking_boom/blkbk2.html" target="_blank">http://totse.com/en/bad_ideas/ka_fucking_boom/blkbk2.html</a>

Anthony
posted February 06, 2001 05:51 PM
One of the rules of theforum is to *never* post anything from totse. Even if it's just on principle.

PYRO500
posted February 06, 2001 06:10 PM
I looked at this one and it has alot of the normal totse shit crossed off (literaly scored through!) I would say this file is ok, but I would not trust my life on it but as it is I am recomending to the other permanent mods that this stay even though it is from totse beacuse It is sorta imformative and is one of the few good things that comes outta bad places like the dimond that comes out of the coal mine, it is a very rare find, so unless I can find a big safety hazard it is ok on my part, I will read it more slowly this evening.