View Full Version : The preparatory manual of explosives by Jared Ledgard

nitro-genes
September 18th, 2005, 12:40 PM
A preview of the book is available at http://www.uvkchem.com

The book contains 121 laboratory preparations of primaries, secondaries and compositions. Although it is written for researchers, the book starts with an introduction about chemical principles and a tutorial about laboratory techniques.
I would be a much safer option for starting hobbyists than that f*ckink anarchist cook.
I've seen it mentioned in a couple of other threads including one about the BookClub on Rogues ftp. But the ftp doesn't seem to work for me and I haven't been able to find it on any torrent searchsite :(
Does anyone kwow if there even is a pdf format available of this book? I'm not keen on ordering it myself in these times ;)

nbk2000
September 22nd, 2005, 01:10 PM
I've got it, and the narcotics manual, both on the DVDs. :)

cutefix
September 22nd, 2005, 02:37 PM
I have in my hand previously a copy of that book and by examining its contents I doubt if the formulations and procedures were ever tested by the author..:p :)

TheHitMan
September 24th, 2005, 09:41 AM

Yet another quality and useful post.

nbk2000
September 29th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Indeed it is, you silly twat.

It's useful in letting people know what'll be available so that, instead of dropping $60 or more on copies of just two books, they can use that same money and get not ONLY these two books (in OCR'able form), but dozens of others too. :p

Of course, if you'd rather spend that money to get only two books, then spend many hours over a scanner, to equal only a fraction of what I'm offering...no one here is going to stop a fool. :p

FireFly
September 29th, 2005, 11:47 PM
You have The Preparatory Manual of Chemical Warfare Agents too...don't you? Hurry up with that DVD! We are having withdraws and we haven't even gotten a taste of it yet :p

PMOE and PMON are the only two that I have (that I remember), though I'll check for PMOCW. I've too many books to keep track of. A pleasant problem to have. :)

+++++++++++++

I'm jacking your post firefly because of the problems with posting I'm having. Sorry. NBK

+++++++++++++

PMOE and PMON are the only two that I have (that I remember), though I'll check for PMOCW. I've too many books to keep track of. A pleasant problem to have. :)

As for the DVDs, here's the deal:

Two DVD's, $50/each. Each one will have a number of books, about two dozen per, of various subjects of E&W interest, in 300 DPI resolution TIFFs suitable for OCR'ing, in B&W or Color, as required.

I'll send a list of the contents to a couple of long term members, and let them tell the members here if its worth it. I'll not be publicly posting the list, as this would make the piggies job of ID'ing me too easy, as how many other people would have checked out or interlibrary-borrowed the exact same dozens of titles as me? Hmmm...none?

I will tell you of the books (that I remember of sitting here) that I've been sent or bought for cash, since there's no way to ID by these:

Locks, Safes, and Security, 2nd edition, volumes one and two (http://www.security.org/ The books, not the CD) (over $220 right there!)

Several other books on locks and safes that I don't remember the exact titles to right now.

Death to Dust: What happens to dead bodies. (Amazon reference here $35+)

Preparatory Manual of Narcotics and Explosives ($40 each, so $80)

Chemicals in War by Prentiss (The entire ~800 page book, with color pages, not the version in the PMJB. $180 Amazon (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:4wUaUNWMaAAJ:www.powells.com/subsection/RareBookRoomTechnicalStore.15.html+%22chemicals+in +war%22+prentiss+used&hl=en']Powells Rare Books[/url])

Cocaine Handbook (over a hundred pictures illustrating the testing and purifying cocaine alkaloids. Out of print and costing $150 at http://www.aeroconsystems.com/literature/shaped.htm $25)

A book on a very unique weapon system, of which there are only two originals existant, one of them in the Smithsonian, and one elsewhere. A copy of this is on my DVD and not available anywhere else at any price, so fuck you Hitman. :p

So there's over $750 worth of books just from the few that I can list and remember sitting here, in addition to the ones that are out of print or not available at any price. :)

Now multiply that by two DVDs, and divide the time it'd take you to obtain the books and scan them in (over 10K pages) by the cost of buying it from me, and you're saving a huge amount of money and time. If anything, I'm under-pricing it, but I'm not greedy.

FireFly
October 11th, 2005, 03:27 PM
The prices look good to me, just let me know when they're ready.

Alexires
October 12th, 2005, 10:11 AM
I have in my hand previously a copy of that book and by examining its contents I doubt if the formulations and procedures were ever tested by the author..:p :)

NBK, you say you have a copy in front of you. Should I go to the effort of tracking down a copy, or are the formula and methods useless and or more dangerous than they need to be?

Thank you for your time.

nbk2000
October 13th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Not having the facilities to try the processes listed in the book, I can neither prove or disprove their validity.

They seem feasible enough to me, though only actual reproduction of the processes would prove them workable.

Marvin
October 13th, 2005, 11:55 PM
That is one thing that worries me about the direction your DVDs are going in, nbk. Rather than being a distillation of the best tried and tested methods, its just a collection of everything you can put into it. So while its as helpful and inciteful as the best you've included, its as dangerous and unsound as the worst youve included. What most of this fringe literature needs is to be beaten up until it starts telling the truth.

So far everything Ive read leads me suspect the book is not everything its cooked up to be :D It sounds like King was pre university, or at best at university when he wrote it, virtually nothing was actually tested, and a lot of methods were taken from patents (not the most reliable sources) and then altered to make them easier to do or use different materials.

Were someone to work their way through it, making notes and pictures on what worked and what didn't, that would be valuable. The 'copper fulminate' synthesis for me is the dead giveaway of what Ive seen, I think I'm going to be very dissapointed when I finally get to read the full thing.

nbk2000
October 14th, 2005, 05:05 PM
There's the fact that, if one stopped to try and personally verify EVERY process and procedure one ever ran across, one would have to spend:

A: A fortune on chemicals and lab equipment

&

B: A lifetime, or a significant portion thereof

I've don't have A, nor am inclined to spend B.

Now, what I have done is collect everything that is plausible and (seemingly) feasible, as well as highly reputable. This doesn't guarantee anything more than a best effort on my part to provide quality over quantity.

Plus, only a small portion of the books I've scanned are directly E&W (bombs and gas). A larger portion is criminology and social engineering, pscyh manipulation and warfare, etc.

Kind of like a new PMJB series, only better, because it's not so damn K3wL. :)